• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Infinite Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We've been here less than and hour and we've already encountered a local cult." Wyvern snorted, unimpressed.

"Well don't I feel noticed," Nikolai said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. Not that he'd accept this Dog as his lord anyway. The name sounded much too canid. He turned his attention to the city and began to take in his surroundings. "It's dirty, disease ridden, and you can smell the sin in the air. Reminds me of home."

"Aw, it can't be all bad." Leo said. "We just need to lay low here for a while, and the Alliance will give up and leave." He walked out of the garage they were parked in, onto a busy sidewalk. It was night in the city. Not that it mattered: The neon glow from all the signs and streetlights made it as bright as day.

"Hey there handsome, looking for a good time?" A woman(?) wearing a skimpy red dress and a rather serious dusting of fur on her(?) face asked.

"Sure! I love video games!" Leo said.

"No, not video games...I'm talking a different kind of good time~" She(?) said.

"Oh, I got it..." Leo said, smiling at her.

"Alright, but I'm going to need fifty dollars or"

"Fifty dollars for a volleyball game? That's ridiculous!" Leo said. He walked off in a huff.

"You're right, this place sucks." He said. It was then that a large hand wrapped around his neck.

"Eh, yo, you looking at my woman?!" The owner of the hand said. It was a towering hulk of a creature, an Etellin: 4-armed aliens, known for their large size, sharp horns, fierce tempers, and tendency to be fiercely protective of anyone they have romantic intentions towards. This one was large even for his species, at eight feet tall, and four feet, from shoulder to shoulder, with gently curving purple horns.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the city, a man crouched atop a skyscraper. He was outfitted in a black leather jacket, with a collar that covered the bottom half of his face. He spoke into a walky-talky, the lights from the cityscape below reflecting off of his black glasses.

"Understood. Find the ship, and eliminate it's owners." He said. He put the radio away, and cracked his knuckles. A blue spark emitted from them, and beneath his collar, he grinned.

"Failure is not an option. You ready?" He asked the man beside him. The creature next to him simply nodded; She couldn't speak, as her mouth was sewn shut. This wasn't the only bizarre part of her appearance, however: In addition to the two human eyes she had, she had a third one on her forehead, exposed by her bob cut. And she had a total of six arms, each one long and thin.

"They'll never know what hit 'em." The man in black said. Then he leaped off the building, followed by his eight-armed companion.

"This is going to be fun. I can tell." Wyvern said sarcastically. He was hoping to connect with some old warrior caste buddies to some news off how things were back home, but something tells him that those plans were going to be completely derailed..

"Now sir we were just passing by." Lytlyt said as he stepped in front of the alien and held his hand up so as to calm him down. "Though if I may say so myself I think you should keep track of your lady friend." Lytlyt pointed out while raising his chin. He slowly eased Leo of the Etellin's hand. "So if you don't mind we'll be on our way."

Lavy eyed the monstrous alien suspiciously and sneaked back on her toes into the shadow of a doorway. She really didn't want to get involved in a fight. Besides, she was too busy accessing her new contact-communicator's variety of functions.

The Etellin looked at Lytlyt.

"Ha! You're tiny! You can't tell me what to do!" The behemoth laughed. Nonetheless, he let go of Leo and looked back at the woman(?) who had propositioned Leo. Sure enough, she was talking to another man, this one in black sunglasses.

"Thanks for the save there..." He said. "Maybe we should be more careful. People here are dangerous." He was in front of a shop selling televisions, which were playing the news.

"...On a darker note, there have been reports of terrorist activity lately. Recently, a group of 1000 armed terrorists hijacked a defenseless alliance merchant ship. Our channel 7 artists have compiled portraits of the main instigators from witness accounts."

njTm6Ae.png

hMUdAPg.png

M7zrGqC.png

OpGpE5J.png

eve76My.png

8CA91RN.png

"If you have any clues to the whereabouts of these dangerous criminals, please contact your nearest Alliance law enforcement officer. And now to Steve with the weather..."

"Huh. Maybe they'll be too busy dealing with the terrorists to deal with us." Leo said. Behind him, a green lizard man with hot pink lips slowly snuck to his car, before being tackled from behind by a large man in a hawaiian shirt.

"I found him! I got one of the terrorists!" He said.

"Hold him down, George! Where gonna be on TV!" A woman said, presumably his wife. She snapped a picture on her camera.

LC stepped out of the garage. "Forgive m--" She caught sight of the scene. "Huh. Dare I ask... What's that about?"

"It certainly doesn't match our description, so that should at least allow us to avoid some unwanted attention." He looked at the pictures and cocked his his head to the side. Nope. No resemblance whatsoever.

OOC: Sorry guys! I know I'm a bit late. Something came up! I love you all!

As the lizardman was dragged off, Leo looked at the screen.

"Are you kidding? C'mon, that one totally looks like you! With the blonde hair, and the lipstick..." He said to Wyvern. "And LC, at least they got your mohawk right. Anyway, we should look into getting off this planet. The way I see it, either we can figure out how to slip our ships past the patrols around the planet, or get the patrols away altogether." Leo said, nodding.

"In other news, a revolutionary new cloaking technology for starships has been developed, which will render them entirely undetectable. This new tech is expected to be outfitted with this technology within the month. Developed at Xenon labs on our own planet, this technology uses photophlebutoniamized waves to..."

"I think...Maybe we could get a bunch of balloons?" Leo said, ignoring the TV as he began thinking. "And just...Float by the blockade. And they won't attack us, because popping another person's balloon is just cruel."

"What are you talking about?! THIS is what we need to do!" Vaisha gestured at the news on the screen. "I'm sure it was developed for military use only, but if we could get our hands on it we could go anywhere with the Kyelwind and be completely undetected." This was just what they needed, a way to make the ship invisible, to keep it out of the eyes of the Alliance. She was never giving the ship back to them!

After staring briefly at Leo in a befuddled manner, he shook his head and turned his attention to the television.

"So, how would we get in a place such as Xenon labs?" He mused aloud. It wasn't as if they could just charge in.

Leo turned to Wyvern, then the street. "Taxi!" He hailed.

It took them only a few minutes to get to the labs. The facility was a large building, surrounded by trees. It was more scenic than the rest of the city, and for good reason: The facility had quite a bit of grant money from the military, and with that came a lot of oversight. While it might look like a nice office, the facility was surrounded by a barbed wire fence that hummed with electricity, and there were turrets on pillars leading up to the entrance. The guards that patrolled the place were soldiers. They were clearly not rookies: All of them were muscular, heavily armed, and their scars showed they were no strangers to battle.

"Are you guys sure this is a good idea?" He asked. He looked at the facility. "I know that those kinds of turrets used to be hooked up to a computer when I still worked for the Alliance...Maybe one of us could sneak in and hack it?" He asked. "Or I guess there's always the old fashioned way."

LC made a noise that was supposed to emulate someone clearing their throat, but with her synthesized voice, the result was...less than pretty. "Nobody'll shoot a puddle... I'll retrieve the tech. However, getting back out... I'll require a distraction."

"Why don't both of you team up? We don't know where in the facility the thing is, so you may as well." Leo said. "A distraction...Um...Leonidas! We'll dress Leonidas as a clown!"

Nikolai smirked at the idea. To his people clowns were the most respected of warriors. He was raised on stories of legendary Nemeans, their faces painted white and their shoes three sizes too large. "Brilliant," he stated simply, images of himself in colorful battle armor and weilding striped battle/juggling clubs clouded his mind.

LC shrugged. "Whatever." She glanced coldly at Lytlyt. "Try to keep up. Just a reminder: Can't speak while liquid." She deactivated her choker, pulled it through her quickly-liquefying neck and tossed it towards the Lan’iard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom