• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Infinite Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, let's move out. I don't know if we can probably find some kind of clown suit nearby, but we should try...We should probably try to take out those turrets, too." Leo said.

Meanwhile, in the laboratory...

"Dammit, I'm working!" A voice yelled out. There was a man at a table, writing some blueprints up. He had an aura of wisdom about him. That is to say he looked like a nerd: He had a white button-up shirt, a glove on his hand adorned in many buttons, and a pair of 3-D glasses.

"Work harder." One of the soldiers in the room said.

"I already finished the cloaking device..." The scientist said.

"If the turrets are controlled electronically, I could probably short them out by overloading them. I'd have to get in close, however." Wyvern looked at from the distance between the fence and the turrets thoughtfully.

"Maybe if we got someone to draw the turret's attention..." Leo said. He had left for a few minutes, and returned with a clown suit.

"It's perfect," Nikolai said, his eyes glowing in awe, "Now for more suiting weapons." He took hold of his twin swords. The began to change shape as he restructured them. The blades reformed into rounded clubs and the bronze of the hilts formed two horizontal stripes. Swiftly ripping off his clothing, Nikolai leapt into the clown suit.

"Let's do this," the Nemean said dramatically. He held his chin high, quite proud of the multicolored outfit. He began juggling the clubs, keeping the same dramatic air about him.

LC frowned and shook her head. This wasn't at all what she had in mind, but, without her collar, she was unable to tell the others that.

Vaisha had just been blindly following along behind the others. She had figured out how to use the communication contacts to connect with the ship and had been checking it over and making sure it was secure. She found it hard to focus on anything else when her mind was with the ship; it was almost as if the Kyelwind didn't want to let her go.
When she came to her senses Vaisha just shook her head and laughed. "What the hell kind of outfit is that?! And what are you planning to do in it?"

"I take it you're not in touch with our heritage," Nikolai said condescendingly, "What a shame, with so few of us left it's up to us to keep our culture alive." He continued to juggle and turned his back to Vaisha.

"A worthy cause." Wyvern nodded in approval. When he was young, he was taught of the different warriors that populated the other races in their history. The tales of the Nemean Clowns were quite fearsome, even today.

For his part, Wyvern shifted his stance to where he was crouching, preparing to run the distance to the turrets on all fours for maximum speed.

Nikolai caught both clubs in his left hand. With his right now free, he began to apply the traditional war paint. He glared in the direction of a turret. A long string of meows and purrs escaped his mouth, his native tongue. The Nemean immediately burst forward swinging the clubs in circles with his wrists.

“DISTRACTION, DISTRACTION, DISTRACTION!” he screamed, his arms now flailing about as he ran in circles.

"Oh my gosh, it's a clown!" One of the guards said, pointing at Leonidas.

"I love clowns!" The other one said. The battle hardened men dropped their weapons, and ran toward Leonidas, flinging open the gates.

"Can you make me a balloon animal?" One of them asked.

"My kid's having a birthday next week, can you come?" The other said.

Once Nikolai got to work with his distraction, Wyvern took off on all fours, running as quickly as possible towards the turret. He kept low to the ground to help avoid any attention.

The clown suit had come prepared with many war supplies. Nikolai pulled out several balloons form his left breast pocket and began to skillfully craft them into gorgeous shapes, such as the Great Lord Dog, Tapeworms, and the intestinal tract. "You get a distraction, you get a distraction, you all get distractions!" he roared as he threw his creations to the guards.

"All right let's get going LC," Lytlyt said as he put on the cloak, causing him to turn invisible. "When we have to get back I'll give you the cloak and try to find a way to get out myself," he explained and began to move forward, ignoring the crazy things that the others were doing.

LC hesitantly shed her cowl and followed along as a thin trickle of violet liquid, all the while pondering what Nikolai had said. 'Culture'? 'Heritage'? She understood neither concept, having started out as a mere crystal formation.

The guards cheered, one of them taking out his radio.

"Attention: We have a situation out here. And that situation is a party!" The guard said. The security all left their posts, clamoring for balloon animals.

"Can I have a parrot?"

"Do you do any magic tricks?"

The turrets were normally controlled by motion sensors, but due to the sudden influx of authorized personnel, they didn't notice Wyvern, LC, or Lytlyt.

Inside the facility, it was quite empty. The halls looked sleek, modern, but very cold. The walls, floor and ceiling were covered in chrome. There were cameras through the facility, perched in various corners. There were a few researchers rushing back and forth, carrying various papers. There was a map of the facility, with locatns such as the Dissection Room, Psionics Research Facility, and the conveniently labeled Cloaking Device Lab.

Wyver ran reached a turret and began looking for its power supply. His plan was to generally make a mess of it, deactivating the turret, and if he was lucky, cause a power surge in other areas.

Why...did he allow me to go first? Is it some social norm I'm unfamiliar with? Or...could it be out of cowardice? LC stopped at the map and reassumed humanoid form. She noted their current location as well as their destination. Glancing back at Lytlyt, she briefly nodded at him, then continued onward towards their destination.

"Okay," Lytlyt nodded his head as he took out his Canon-Sword. "I'll cover your back just in case," he pointed out and kept up walking behind her. He figured it would be best for LC to go up front as she was the more capable of the two if things got tough. He began looking around the room and scratching his chin in thought, wondering what kind of experiments they could've been working on, that's when he saw the Cloaking Device Lab label. "Guess that's where we have to go," he said as he looked at the Psionic Research Facility with curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom