• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Info about the next three episodes? Translator please.

Hrm...Babelfish brings up "hull mosquito" (Haruka/ May) in the last episode. So I guess that means no Brock-centric eppie after all :disgust: (though I'll wait for an actual translation before I get too dissapointed).

Mokoko episode:

Satoshi (Ash) and Takeshi (Brock) are busy making their final preparations before the battle at the Battle Arena. At this time, Takeshi's Numaclaw (Marshtomp) receives an injury from the "wool pokemon," Mokoko (Flaafy). In order to receive treatment from Mokoko, Satoshi and his friends seek a traditional Chinese pharmacist...

So I guess Takeshi's Mizugorou (Mudkip) is evolving after all. From the looks of things, it'll do so at the beginning of the episode, just like his Hasubroh did.

Last edited:
Battle Arena episode:

After finally arriving at the Battle Arena, Satoshi challenges the Frontier Brain Kogomi (Greta) to a battle. Satoshi chooses his Kabigon (Snorlax) to face off against Kogomi's Charem (Medicham), who attacks Kabion viciously...

Day Care episode:

On his journey, Satoshi stops by a nearby farm. There, a Day-Care Person takes care of pokemon eggs. One of the workers at the farm, Shiromi, has a dream of becoming a Pokemon Coordinator. When Shiromi finds out that Haruka is a Coordinator, she becomes very cold toward her...

Satoshi and Takeshi are busy making their final preparations before the battle at the Battle Arena. At this time, Takeshi's Numaclaw receives an injury from the "wool pokemon," Mokoko. In order to receive treatment from Mokoko, Satoshi and his friends seek a traditional Chinese pharmacist...
You've got that backwards. It's Mokoko that gets injured, and they're seeking treatment for it, not from it.

After finally arriving at the Battle Arena, Satoshi challenges the Frontier Brain Kogomi to a battle. Satoshi chooses his Kabigon to face off against Kogomi's Charem, who attacks Kabion viciously...
Charem's attacks are so intense that it is all Kabigon can do just to defend itself.

旅の途中でサトシたちは農場に立ち寄る。そこは、ポケモンの卵を預かって飼育する「育て屋」だった。そこで働くシロミは、ポケモンコーディネーターになるという夢をもちながら、農場を離れることができずにいた。ハルカがコーディネイターをめざしていることを知ったシロミは、ハルカに冷たくしてしまう。
On their journey, Satoshi and his friends stop at a farm. It turns out to be a "breeding center" where people leave Pokemon eggs to be raised. Shiromi, who works there, dreams of becoming a Pokemon Coordinator, but he can't leave the farm. When he learns that Haruka is a Coordinator, he becomes very cold toward her.

Murgatroyd said:
You've got that backwards. It's Mokoko that gets injured, and they're seeking treatment for it, not from it.

Whoops. I thought させてしまう was a passive construction, for some reason.

Charem's attacks are so intense that it is all Kabigon can do just to defend itself.

I saw them talking about defense, but I didn't quite know what it had to do with the rest of the sentece.

Looks like I have some studying to do before I try to take the 3-kyu...

He's using a normal type against a fighting type. Yet somehow he'll win.

And odd, only one episode for the Brain this time? Now I'm expecting something less than spectacular.

Dogasu said:
Whoops. I thought させてしまう was a passive construction, for some reason.
It's causative. The tricky part here is that ケガをする corresponds to the English "to be injured", not "to injure".

I've also got a lot of studying to do, primarily of kanji, before I try for 2-kyu. I really don't know whether I'll pass, but it's worth trying.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
He's using a normal type against a fighting type. Yet somehow he'll win.

And odd, only one episode for the Brain this time? Now I'm expecting something less than spectacular.
He migh lose and then have a rematch after a few episodes, like with Brawley.

Roses Ablaze said:
He migh lose and then have a rematch after a few episodes, like with Brawley.

I doubt it, this looks like another one part GYM/Frontier battle and Ash'll win.

Good thing not all of them are drawn out 2 parters, they're getting straight to the battle and a Medicham Vs. Snorlax match should be awesome.

Looks like the third is a May centered episode, and not a Brock gets Bonsly episode as we thought.

Seems to be a foreshadowing for May's next contest.

Looks like an awesome bunch of episodes to me.

So, is this going to be an ongoing pattern with Satoshi using old Pokémon instead of the ones he has with him (I realize none of you can answer this)?

It looks like it. (At least we get something old in this saga.) But will this be like the game Battle Arena, or like the anime Battle Factory?

They'll probably ignore the rules from the game again and make it a generic battle.

Who says he'll win? Remember Brawly? We didn't know he was going to lose until the episode actually aired. They kinda slammed that one on us at the last minute, the previews told us just about EVERYTHING else, even the fact that Makuhita evolves. We also knew titles after it that didn't indicate a part two or anything, giving us less of a reason to think he lost. But that sure was a surprise.

Also, I'm guessing the reason for Ash using old Pokemon in his PC instead of the ones he has, is so he can slowly store all of them and leave space for the next season. I actually liked in Orange and at the start of Johto Journeys how they remembered who Ash had exactly, and even that he still had Tauros after the league. Technically, Ash was actually carrying Tauros with him in "The Underground Round Up", so he could have used it.

But I'm hoping that once again the rotation will be something to keep track of and a way to slowly store all the Hoenn Pokemon, rather than dump them all. The Kanto six were abandoned pretty much one by one, and the Johtos were stored... so I hope this time when he gets rid of them it'll also be slow and steady (like Kanto, unlike Johto), but not forever (like Johto and unlike Kanto).

~Zak

I think the appearance of Snorlax is more likely to be like Charizard than Phanpy.

I have to agree, the old Pokes will only come back for the Frontier matches, and then Ash will send them back to Oaks.

Ash's 6th slot will be rotated, as I doubt Ash will have a new capture this season.

Here's hoping good ol' Squirtle comes back for another Frontier Match and maybe even the underused Pokemon like Muk and Kingler, etc.

Well, Charizard left because it was just "visiting". This is the first time this season he's used something from Oak...

But wow, I did forget about him having a slot.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom