• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ingame Challenges

Junglebook

Mischief managed.
Reaction score
We appeared to be lacking a thread for these. :) ( My first time making a thread in this forum even though I've posted a fair bit before, well a fair bit for me anyways.)
basically, sign up for one if ingame turns out to be too boring for you. You can do them in any main series pokemon game. You can use any HM slaves you like in any of them as long as they don't battle (Unless they fit in with the rules, eg. If Bidoof was your slave and you were doing a normal monotype it could battle.)

Challenges:
Monotype:
Only use Pokémon of a certain type.
Rules:
1) No more than one of the same Pokémon (unless you’re doing something like ghost or dragon in fr/lg/r/b/y or fire in D/P)
2) No more than one Poke from each evolutionary line (Except for branch evos)
3) If your starter is not of your chosen type you may use it until you catch a Pokémon of your chosen type.
4) Only two Pokémon may be traded from other games (Excluding trade evos or pokes you can usually catch around that point or earlier in the version you’re playing) and they must be freshly hatched at level 1-5.
5) When you sign up you have to tell me what game and what type you’re using.
6) Your challenge ends when you beat the E4, tell me and tell me your team and play time.

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Game, type, Time, Team):

Tina, Emerald, Psychic, 84:55:50 Gardevoir/Starmie/Xatu/Medicham (1 trade)

Incomplete (SN, Game, Type, Current team, badges):
Scavenger:
Use only items and Pokémon you are given or, in the case of items, find on the ground. You may also use game corner Pokes, the Magikarp salesman’s wares in fr/lg/r/b/y, and the eevee in FR/LG/R/B/Y.
Rules:
1) When you sign up you have to tell me what game you’re using.
2) Your challenge ends when you beat the E4, tell me, tell me what’s in your bag, your team and your play time.
3) Absolutely NO TRADING!

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Game, Time, Bag, Team)

Incomplete (SN, Game, bag, Current Team, badges)
The_eevee_breeder, Fire Red, ?, Charmander lv. 13, 0
Single Poke run:
Only one Pokémon may be used (Preferably one available early in the game) and it may not be evolved.
Rules:
1) When you sign up tell me what game and what Pokémon you’re using.
2) Your challenge ends when you beat the E4, tell me, tell me your Poke’s level and your play time.
3) Use Magikarp, Weedle etc only if you’re playing a game where you can get to a move tutor so that their only attack move isn’t a type that another type is immune to.

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Game, Poke, Time):

Incomplete (SN, Game, Poke, badges)
Scramble:
Next three people to post may choose two Pokémon each for your team and you must use them.
Rules:
1) You may choose the movesets of your Pokémon.
2) The people who choose, don’t choose pokes that aren’t accessible early in the game unless at least one of the other Pokémon chosen is accessible early on. Also, choosing useless Pokémon isn’t acceptable, unless the player wants an extra challenge.
3) When you sign up tell me the game you’ll be playing.
4) Your challenge ends when you beat the E4, tell me, tell me your team and your play time.

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Game, Team, Time)

Incomplete (SN, Game, current team, badges)
Unevolved:
Only use Pokémon in the evolutionary form that you catch them.(Unless they’re fully evolved, in which case you may not use them)
Rules:
1) When you sign up tell me what game you’ll be using.
2) You’re challenge ends when you beat the E4, tell me, tell me your team and your play time.

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Game, Team, Time):

Incomplete (SN, Game, current team, badges)
Speed run:
Go through the game as fast as possible.
Rules:
1) When you sign up tell me what game you’ll be using.

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Game, Team, Time):
Tina, Diamond,Gyarados/infernape and absol/glaceon,10(ish) hours
Incomplete (SN, game, current team, current time):
Combined:
Combine two or more of the above challenges.
Rules:
All rules of the chosen challenges apply where possible.

Challengers:
Complete (SN, Challenges, Game, Team, Time):

Incomplete (SN, Challenges, Game Current team, Badges):
If you think of a challenge then please submit it to me via Pm or Vm.

Last edited:
What about Basic Run?

You can only use basic pokemon, which means you can't evovle any pokemon, you can't use legendaries, and you can't use super-strong basics etc. If the pokemon in the games can not evolve or be pre-evovled, you cannot use that either.

I might try an unevovled and combined with speed run- I'll tell you later.

I've done a Monotype and Speedthrough run in the past before.. does that count? lol

Monotype: Tina, Emerald, Psychic, 84:55:50 (yeah, I really lagged behind with beating the E4 on this), and my team was Gardevoir/Starmie/Xatu/Medicham. Medicham was traded over from Ruby as a level 5 Meditite.

Speedthrough: Tina, Diamond, somewhere around 10 hours, and my team alternated between Gyarados/Infernape and Absol/Glaceon

You know what's a great (not really) challenge that I had in mind?
Beating the game in SET mode.

If you don't know what SET mode is - you're not allowed to switch when you defeat a pokemon in battle, Just like the Battle Frontier.

Okay, I'm doing the scavenger challenge in FireRed.

Rules:
1) When you sign up you have to tell me what game you’re using.
2) Your challenge ends when you beat the E4, tell me, tell me what’s in your bag, your team and your play time.
3) Absolutely NO TRADING!

So far I have:

Aries, Mild Male Charmander lv.13

And I'm going to fight Brock.

Are we allowed to post updates of our games?

Yes, post updates as you go along. If the people who thought of challenge ideas could pm with the challenge, description and rules set out like i have the others set up that'd be great and save me the typing.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom