• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Initial Team Building Ideas

Fuecoco, nicknamed Arlo like the Alligator Boy, who also happens to be a singer!
Paldean Wooper, nicknamed Bolin or Toph
Farigiraf, name TBA
Celtitan, nicknamed Moby
Gimmighoul, nicknamed Monedix
Palafin, nicknamed Namor or Namora, Fridge Brilliance becuase it includes amor (Spanish for love), and yes, Namor comes from amor too in the MCU but there's no source that it's the same for the comic character, and I had that idea before watching the movie

• Sprigatito's Final Evo[Schala] - Name from a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross character. It's an elaborate reference because the final evo reminded me of a specific Chrono Cross character, but I didn't like their name, so I came up with a similar character's name instead.

• Corviknight[Caius] - A name taken from Final Fantasy XIII-2. I'm using this Pokemon because I skipped SwSh and it's one of the few Pokemon from those games I actually like.

• Pawmi [No nickname yet] OR
  • Glimmora [Ea] - Reference to FF14.

• A previous Gen Pokemon - Haven't decided yet. We'll see what comes to mind as I play.

Note: I've recently started using only four Pokemon in playthroughs in attempts to make the difficulty a bit less boring and also because I end up relying on four really good ones anyway and two always get neglected anyway.

It's so funny that before the games came out, I only knew of two Pokemon I really wanted, so seeing my team develop as I discovered the new Pokemon was really fun.

My final team ended up being Quaquaval, Pawmot, Armarouge, Grafaiai, Maushold, and Tinkaton. Quaxly and Pawmi were set from day one (or technically whatever day the trailer revealing Pawmi was) and I'm so happy I made that decision. I adore Quaquaval and Pawmot so much. After I learned of the exisitence of the Tandemaus and Tinkatink lines I knew I had to have them for my team. It seems indeed that they were saving the cutiepies for us to discover on our own and I LOVE these two!

I was able to check of 2/3 of my desired team boxes: the version exclusive and rare Tera typed Pokemon. I ended up using Armarouge as my version exclusive Pokemon since there really weren't too many to pick from and I liked Armarouge a lot. To my utter shock, I was able to catch a new Pokemon with rare Tera type, but to my disappointment, it was a Pokemon I didn't care too much for. Shroodle is a cutiepie, but Grafaiai is......................something. I mean, I guess I like it a bit more than I used to after using it so whatever. I found a Shroolde with a Fairy-tera type pretty early on and decided to keep him on the team and he really came through for us by being a secret dragon slayer.

I didn't end up using a Paldean form on my main team on account of the fact that there were only 4 and 3 were Tauros, so yeah. But in my Youtube Let's Play I did end up using a Clodsire that I didn't even plan on, so I guess it got covered either way.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom