• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[insert clever greeting here]

Nerd Violence

Tired teacher.
Reaction score
I suppose I'm not really new here. This account has been active for over two years now, and there's another account floating somewhere in the void that I abandoned at least a decade ago. In both cases I was brought to BMG by Fizzy Bubbles, a multi-forum Pokémon RPG that you can find down the forum list under "Large Scale Forum Games." (This isn't a plug, I promise.) I've played said game off and on for about 15 years, and for a very long time I never felt the need to venture outside of the FB forum, so I've never really done much in the broader BMG forums and am, in a sense, new to them. Sadly, I believe my time in Fizzy Bubbles is coming to a close, which is what has finally brought me to emerge into the larger BMG community. (Don't worry, it isn't a dramatic exit, and I don't have anything ill to say about the game -- I encourage people to look into it if they're interested -- but rather I've just grown out of it after such a long time playing.)

I've been playing Pokémon for just shy of twenty years. My first game was Pokémon Gold, and my enduring favorite is Pokémon Crystal. Generation VII is probably my second favorite generation, although that's probably because I'm something of a Hawaiiaboo. (That is, a weeaboo, but with regards to Hawai‘i. Don't take it too seriously.) I study linguistics, and am about to begin my Master's; academically, my primary focus is ‘Ōlelo Hawai‘i, the indigenous language of the archipelago.

I like all the common nerd stuff -- video games, comics, comic book movies, a little bit of anime. My favorite series of all time, across all genres and mediums, is Yu Yu Hakusho, with primary focus on the anime and secondary focus on the manga. I am a diehard shipper; I find that my enjoyment of characters and media is diminished somewhat if I cannot ship. Sadly, none of my OTPs have ever come to fruition, but I'll probably never stop shipping. Ride or die, right? Feel free to ask me about my pairings, I've got lots of opinions.

Just to toss out some other things I'm interested in, I'm fairly absorbed in Danganronpa right now. (Nagito did nothing wrong. Also, Kokichi did a few things wrong, but I still stan.) Longtime Kingdom Hearts fan, but I haven't played KH3 yet because Chain of Memories has stalled out my revisiting of the entire series that I am, for some reason, holding myself to doing. I've watched the entire MCU, but hesitate to call myself a fan as they recently nailed shut the coffin on my favorite ship. Boo.

Anyway, it's nice to finally, formally meet everyone here. I hope we get along!

Hi there! :D welcome to the forums! awesome to see you :)

Thank you! While I have your ear, do you think you could point me in the right direction? I recently restored a GameBoy Color, and gave it a new Pokémon motif. I'd love to share it with people and talk about it, but I'm not sure what the most appropriate forum for the topic is. I thought maybe TCG and Collectibles, but I don't know that it qualifies as a collectible item.

2ed9e4a9b11fb6d071db9df06c9df1200636bf39_00.gif

Welcome to more areas of the forum! I know what its like to come here for a game and then branch out to more of the site. Hope ya enjoy the time you'll spend around here!

2ed9e4a9b11fb6d071db9df06c9df1200636bf39_00.gif

Welcome to more areas of the forum! I know what its like to come here for a game and then branch out to more of the site. Hope ya enjoy the time you'll spend around here!

Ah yes, I see that you too are a person of taste. I look forward to seeing you around!

Also, I'm just gonna... borrow that GIF...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom