• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inspiration

Hmm... it's sort of tough to say. I find inspiration in a lot of places, but I find it difficult to be specific. I guess I'll walk away from a film with a semblance of admiration or wonder, and then build upon it in my own writing and in my own style. Like I watched Murder on the Orient Express, and then a sort of poem thing came into my mind when I saw the snow and I thought about the theme of the film, sort of All or Nothing-esque and yet finding a middle ground that one didn't imagine was even there (I got the impression at least)... then I thought about prejudice, which has always been a very important theme for me, and I sort of built upon that. An old fashioned sci fi was the result. It was hideous and short lived, but this is just an example of the process for me.

Humanity is always an inspiration for me. Always. I adore humankind with great intensity and I want to explore every emotion in literature, every ambition and craving, and then play upon it in a new way. I really enjoyed The Last Jedi because it was full of emotions, so I came away from that with a lot of inspiration.

I like sci fi a lot, mainly because it has so much potential. I'm not bound to anything and the theme can develop in all sorts of crazy ways. I'd like to dip my toes into the waters of fantasy a lot more, but it's such a fine balancing act between being cliche and laughable. I really like grunge for atmosphere, so I try and incorporate that as much as I can. A lot of inspiration on that one.

And I bloody love fighting. Especially between will-be friends, because its a foundation for respect and/or resentment. Physical or verbal, I just love it. And it kind of adds flavour, doesn't it?

I probably responded to this thread wrong. My brain is sozzled but WHATEVER. I'm still a genius of the first waters and people will realize it when I publish my masterpiece: Humility - Who Needs It?

Hmm... it's sort of tough to say. I find inspiration in a lot of places, but I find it difficult to be specific. I guess I'll walk away from a film with a semblance of admiration or wonder, and then build upon it in my own writing and in my own style. Like I watched Murder on the Orient Express, and then a sort of poem thing came into my mind when I saw the snow and I thought about the theme of the film, sort of All or Nothing-esque and yet finding a middle ground that one didn't imagine was even there (I got the impression at least)... then I thought about prejudice, which has always been a very important theme for me, and I sort of built upon that. An old fashioned sci fi was the result. It was hideous and short lived, but this is just an example of the process for me.

I fall asleep watching like 75% of the movies I watch lol, but the ones I do make it through and enjoy usually leave me with this sense of admiration or wonder as well. Last movie that did this was Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which might sound a tad boring by synopsis only, but I'm also a fan of raw emotions portrayed in literature and dang, that movie hit every single one of them.

And I bloody love fighting. Especially between will-be friends, because its a foundation for respect and/or resentment. Physical or verbal, I just love it. And it kind of adds flavour, doesn't it?

Depends on the context, I suppose. xD Pokémon battles, yeah, those can add some pizzazz. I wouldn't treat physical/verbal abuse the same way, though.

You responded to the thread fine. Also don't think I've seen you around these WW parts before. Welcome! :D

Lots of things inspire my writing and inspire me to write. It'd be kinda difficult to list some of the specifics. Most of my inspiration comes from various anime, manga, games, and books. But sometimes I get inspiration from music, various OSTs, going on walks, stories I see/read on the news, ideas that are briefly used in various media but I feel don't really get utilized enough, psychology, murder mysteries, etc. Basically, like another user said, inspiration can come from anywhere.

I have recently found that My Hero Academia is a huge driving point for my novel. I guess it's just the emotions of all the characters that inspire me to make mine act out more, and that really gets things going. Can't say as far as plot goes, but for characters, hell yes.

I wouldn't treat physical/verbal abuse the same way, though.

I think he meant verbal fights in the form of disagreements and arguments, such as when two people cannot come to terms or compromise over their divided opinions.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom