• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inter-site drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, seriously: if I (or we, the staff) have an issue with what one person is doing, I'll let them know. I'm not going to do one of those "a person is causing trouble, we won't say who" announcements in public. It's a problem substantially bigger than one person or even one group.

This rule is designed to prevent trolling and flaming on Bulba because of stuff starting off elsewhere. We have a pretty good idea of when a fight started off-site. And, as I said, we'll deal with it accordingly.

He means you cannot get mad at someone on these forums over events which happened on other websites.

Just wondering, what about if something happens on another form of communication that is not a Forum. I'm talking about instant messengers, like AIM, Skype, etc. To me, I think it falls in the same category as other forums, but that's just my opinion. Thanks. ^_^

If you've got a problem with someone that's going to interfere with your (or their) ability to be here and not break the rules, let us know and we'll try to sort everything out. That's, in our experience, pretty rare. The Ignore list works great for that stuff.

I don't have any of this here drama, but if two users didn't like each other, couldn't they just duke it out over the PM system?

The point is, we don't want drama or conflicts that have nothing to do with Bulbagarden being carried over here; not to mention the fact that these situations almost always extend to a significant amount of members than just two. PMs are a reasonable way in which two members can work out their problems without carrying their conflict elsewhere, but definitely not through "duking it out"; flaming or harassing someone privately through PMs is no better than flaming them publicly, and infractions would be carried out in both cases.

I don't have any of this here drama, but if two users didn't like each other, couldn't they just duke it out over the PM system?

From what I have seen, people try and work out whatever problem they have via PM or VM, but it always ends up in a thread or in a Social Group, trust me ;-)

(I'm sorry, I have to say it) Save teh drama for yo mama =P

back on topic. We're not here to speculate at the source of these issues, rather inform you of the new ruling.

So basically what happens in that forum, stays in that forum (Only using this as an example. What happens on Serebiiforums, Stays on Serebiiforums).

Does sound like a good rule as well, Bulbagarden is one of the few places that not that much (Note I said much, I know things do go on here) fighting goes on, and it does make it look more peaceful and mature.

back on topic. We're not here to speculate at the source of these issues, rather inform you of the new ruling.

Agreed. Not to sound like a broken record here, but from what I've been reading in this thread, some people are missing the point. The point being...DON'T FIGHT ON THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter if it's via social groups, VMs, PMs, whatever. I think every member of this forum should be mature enough to handle their disputes in a rational, nonviolent manner. I hate it when people fight with each other in any way, so the fact that we have to have this new rule saddens me because people should know better. So guys, just be cool to each other, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom