• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inter-site drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Hope the summer (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) is treating everyone well. I wanted to bring an issue to everyone's attention.

Recently, users have been "importing" drama from other forums to Bulbagarden. Whether that's talking behind someone's back, trolling their VM page, or doing anything else to antagonize them, it's not nice. More than that, though, it's disruptive to the Bulbagarden community.

Going forward, people who bring drama from other forums to Bulbagarden will be at risk for receiving a 10-point infraction for trolling-an automatic two-day ban. We understand that there can be conflict and that the internet is not always a perfectly harmonious place. But whatever issues you have with others, please leave them "at the door" when you come on Bulba.

If you have any questions about this, you can direct them to me or post in this thread. Again, I hope the summer continues to treat everyone well.

Thanks for your understanding,
evkl and the rest of the Bulbagarden team

What I don't understand this?
Can't any one join here?

What I don't understand this?
Can't any one join here?

Would you mind clarifying what you mean? Yes, the forum is open to everyone. We're only asking that our members keep off-site drama, well, off-site.

Edit: or pretty much what minimag and Neoflare have stated above.

Well how would you be able to detect "Other site drama" pretty much any one from smogon are trolls lol JK

We've been getting reports of intersite incidents for a while now. A few mods have noticed things of their own, as well.

I'm glad that something is finally being done about it.

I never heard of such events. May i have a link or something

Well how would you be able to detect "Other site drama" pretty much any one from smogon are trolls lol JK

Im not 100% sure what you mean by this, but...well...if drama is obviously being carried over from another site, then this new rule would apply. For example, if a user was being bullied on another site, and the bully and the victim start getting mad at each other on this site, and causing drama because of it, I think this rule would apply.

^ There are a couple examples that I know of. A certain user on another forum got banned on that forum, and they complained about it a lot on here, causing a lot of drama.

Last edited:
So you are saying you can't bad-mouth other sites. Most people join similar sites like pokemon forums because they do not like the old one.

I dont think thats it, you just cant bring drama that originated on other sites onto here.

So you are saying you can't bad-mouth other sites. Most people join similar sites like pokemon forums because they do not like the old one.

He means you cannot get mad at someone on these forums over events which happened on other websites.

Basically, what happens elsewhere, stays elsewhere. You don't carry conflicts over to Bulbagarden, or create tension/negative circumstances over something that doesn't have its origins here.

No, although we would of course prefer that rather than bad-mouthing other sites you simply don't mention them at all. Basically what the announcement means is this:

User A and User B have a history of fighting on at least one other Pokemon forum. Both users join BMGf. If that fighting, which originated on another forum, carries over here, then both users (and anyone else who decides to join and continue the fight in "support' of one side or the other) can look forward to a 2-day ban. If it continues after the bans have expired then they can, of course, look forward to a more severe punishment.

I'm guessing these are the correct definition:

1) [USER A] and [USER B] go to [Forum X]. [USER B] gets pissed off with [USER A] and bans him from [FORUM X].
[USER B] then moves to Bulbagarden, and begins slagging off [USER A]; either through [USER A] also having an account here, or by mentioning it on blogs etc.

2) [USER C] doesn't have a very good opinion of [USER D] and slags off said user on [FORUM Y]. [USER C] gets banned.
[USER C] then comes to Bulbagarden to continue said slagging off.

Under this rule, both [USER B] and [USER C] would get a 2-day ban.

Correct?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

In short, guys, just drop the drama. It's stupid and unnecessary.

i feel like this announcement is being directed mainly at me. also some of the posts on here seem to be directed at me. i feel like i caused shit and i don't belong here anymore. i was pissed off, didn't know any better, and i was very confused and just... well... let's say my mind was "fogged" that day. i'm not the type of person to keep grudges to myself. i have to spit them out to somebody or something. i felt that bmgf was an understanding community and would help me calm down.

i don't know, really. i just prefer to let it go. but then more stuff happens on the so-called forum i mentioned and i'm taken to blame AGAIN. then people get pissed off, then i feel guilty, then the forum is trashed and everybody looks down on it, then i feel practically betrayed and take it all out on myself.

i respect evkl's decision to stop the drama. i didn't mean to cause any of it, it just happened. i hope people understand that i meant no harm and i am actually a great person, and the forum i mentioned is actually a great forum. i hope that my post can sum up the situation a little more and that it wasn't multiple people doing it, it was mostly me.

with that, i would just like to say to everybody on here that stirred up trouble because of what i said: stop it. it's immature and rude and it's making me feel responsible for all the mess. it's also making me feel betrayed and i'm losing a lot of friends because of this incident. it was none of your business in the first place anyway.

Glad it's banned here now.

But if you want a major example of it, victinigate. Users at a certain site were angry that BulbaNews wasn't potraying them in the way they wanted to be after Victini got leaked thanks to a picture taken in a theater, and so they raided BMGf and spammed up the thread, until it was locked. That's an extreme case though, as usually it's just between 2 people.

It's annoying, and only causes bans.

i feel like this announcement is being directed mainly at me.

This announcement isn't being directed toward anybody in particular, but on a number of issues that many members have involved themselves with over the past few months. We're not blaming any one person.

Also, this isn't really the thread to be calling out anybody else that involved themselves with inter-site drama, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom