• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Interesting Pokedex Entries

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I thought it would be kind of nice to make a thread dedicated to interesting Pokedex entries, I'll start with my favorite Pokemon, Kyurem's entry from Sword:

"Dwelling within it is a power even greater than that of Reshiram or Zekrom, but the extreme cold keeps that power bound."

I found this one particularly interesting because it seems to tease some kind of form for Kyurem. I doubt it talks about his Black and White forms because of Ice still being one of his typings.

The Ultra 'dex entries for Krookodile and Flygon are interesting. I like that they show a symbiotic relationship between the two Pokemon.

Flygon's Ultra Sun entry:
By flapping their wings, Flygon cause sandstorms that conceal Krookodile. The team then splits the prey they catch.

Krookodile's Ultra Moon entry:
It conceals itself in sandstorms that Flygon whip up and waits patiently for prey to appear.

What's really interesting, however, is the 'dex entries for their first stages because it shows that the two species' offspring are engaged in a more predatory relationship.

Trapinch's Ultra Sun entry:
Its jaws are strong enough to crush rocks but so heavy that it can’t get up if it flips over. Sandile seize those moments as their chance.

Sandile's Moon entry:
It conceals itself in the sand and chomps down on the legs of any prey that unwarily walk over it. Its favorite food is Trapinch.

You'd think that Flygon and Krookodile would be enemies considering Krookodile's offspring eats Flygon's.

I love Phantump but like a lot of ghost Pokémon it's Pokédex entries go dark. Most reference them being the spirits of Children lost in the woods...then Ultra Sun added:

"By imitating the voice of a child, it causes people to get hopelessly lost deep in the forest. It's trying to make friends with them."

So essentially they lure children to their deaths just so they can have more friends!

Here is a gross, yet funny one for Darumaka from White:

"Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

Of all animals that tend to be dumb, humans seem to be the ones who show that quality more often.

Last edited:
Here's Mewtwo's Mega entries from Let's Go, which I find really awesome.

X: "Psychic power has augmented its muscles. It has a grip strength of one ton and can sprint a hundred meters in two seconds flat!"

Y: "Despite its diminished size, its mental power has grown phenomenally. With a mere thought, it can smash a skyscraper to smithereens."

As if my favorite Legendary Pokémon couldn't be more awesome and kinda scary than it already is.

I love Phantump but like a lot of ghost Pokémon it's Pokédex entries go dark. Most reference them being the spirits of Children lost in the woods...then Ultra Sun added:

"By imitating the voice of a child, it causes people to get hopelessly lost deep in the forest. It's trying to make friends with them."

So essentially they lure children to their deaths just so they can have more friends!

For what it's worth, the Shield Dex entry for Phantump specifies that it lures adults.

i just want to mention that Froslass' Pokedex entry is like, the only thing that's putting me off it slightly. ;__;

like...

Sun dex entry said:
When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations.

Moon dex entry said:
The soul of a woman lost on a snowy mountain possessed an icicle, becoming this Pokémon. The food it most relishes is the souls of men.

Froslass is savage.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom