• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March 30

Players that picked up their copies of Pokémon Black and White in Europe today have tried connecting to Pokémon Global Link with no avail. The official website for Pokémon Global Link has revealed that the service has been delayed until March 30. This delay was previously announced, though a specific date was not known.The Japanese Global Link service will be taken down on March 18 for some sections, to be fully relaunched on March 30 with an aesthetic overhaul.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March

Meh, I didn't like the dream world that much when I tried it. It got old like the PokeWalker did.

Re: International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March

I was hoping to be playing around with this until I could get a hold of my copy. Oh well, only 7 more days until I can play.

Didn't we already know that they were delaying it for a month or is this just to remind people?

I'm upset because its not up for my birthday >:

Didn't we already know that they were delaying it for a month or is this just to remind people?

I'm upset because its not up for my birthday >:

We did know that it was gonna be delayed. We just didn't know the specifics.

Their probably building up their servers, so it doesn't lag like 56k.

Well, I'm not missing anything. I'll have my game before then, and it'll give me some time to get in some level grinding before I get stuck into GblLnk.

Hmmm, does this mean that I can't trade with online friends that I know? Because I was planning on doing that with people during next week...

March 30th?

The wait doesn't seem too long...
Wonder why people are complaining.
It's not even a whole months wait...

Now that the date has been announced, everyone and their mother is going to be waiting until 12am on March 30th for this time to come around.

It's really probable that the server is going to crash the first day a few times or be REALLY laggy.

Sorry to let everyone know, but this is from the Global Link Website:
"The Pokemon Global Link was scheduled to launch on March 30, 2011. As a result of the earthquake in Japan and the need to conserve energy resources, the launch date has been temporarily delayed. When a new launch date is determined, it will be published here on the Pokemon Global Link.We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused by this delay."

Hi eternityglacier,

We already know that actually. See the news article linked in this thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom