• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

International Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen these two articles on Discord, though I'm not sure if they should go here or in the American Politics Thread...

I've seen these two articles on Discord, though I'm not sure if they should go here or in the American Politics Thread...
why does it not surprise me to see marjorie taylor greene in this? it's like everytime something bad happens, she's somehow involved.

why does it not surprise me to see marjorie taylor greene in this? it's like everytime something bad happens, she's somehow involved.
Not just her. If she's on a list, you can bet Gaetz, Boebert, Cawthorn, and Biggs (at minimum) will also be there.

And on top of that, many of the politicians cited in the articles you put up had also plotted with that Oompa Loompa to strategise overturning the election results on January 6 and then asked for a pardon. It seems that people like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz are deeply involved with the Oompa Loompa himself (the source is from the same media outlet you cited, but a different article which I will link in this post).

Oh? You're Russian and you wanted to take a vacation in a place that was illegally occupied? OK, here's some fireworks for ya!

The only Russians that deserve Crimea now are the Svoboda legion.

Last edited:
I was in Sunshine (a suburb in Melbourne's west) and the unofficial campaigning for the upcoming Victorian State Elections has begun with the Labor candidate for Laverton handing out material. I didn't accept it because I am in Delahey, which is in the Sydenham electorate. Note that the elections will be held on 26 November, and unlike at the Federal level, many states in Australia (like my home state of Victoria) has fixed terms. I know I said this before the Federal Elections, but if you are in Victoria, please make sure you are enrolled to vote on 26 November (2022 State election) and when voting, do your research and don't vote for a candidate just because someone from the Herald Sun or The Age tell you to vote one way or another. Just do your research before the elections because it will be four years before another election.

The Russians entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Kyiv, Mariupol, Kharkiv, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

He deserved more than this world could give.

Goodbye Gorby. I hope the next world's Russia is a better place; if not, there's certainly enough people willing to try to make our world's Russia the enlightened democracy it was destined to be.

Last edited:
Here in Victoria, we are now seeing election advertisements from the Liberal Party against the Suburban Rail Loop, promising to redirect the money towards health. Well, while health is noble, if you want to save money, get rid of the Northeast Link because, and because of changes caused by coronavirus, it is no longer necessary, while the SRL is a long-term project and it is better to get it done now than in the future when it would be even more expensive. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a powerbroker within the Liberal Party cause the first wave of coronavirus that resulted in a lockdown that lasted pretty much half a year, as well as doing everything possible to undermine action taken to stop coronavirus. And I think it was the Liberal Party, as well as the Liberal Party-alligned newspapers (I'm looking at you Herald Sun) promoted conspiracy theories in regards to coronavirus (as well as approving the so-called "freedom" protesters who wanted to hang Daniel Andews through their collective silence). I remember, and I don't have a short memory.

Last edited:
Here in the UK we are awaiting a new prime minister after Boris resigned. I have no confidence in either of the new candidates to be honest.

Here in the UK we are awaiting a new prime minister after Boris resigned. I have no confidence in either of the new candidates to be honest.
From what I am hearing, if Liz Truss wins the race to be the new UK Prime MInister, then there is a possibility that the UK will move further to the right. I remember watching The Last Leg (which airs on ABC here in Australia), and host Adam Hills said that it is a minority of people who are voting for the new Prime Minister, mostly older people, and no doubt that whoever wins the Prime Ministership in the United Kingdom will tend to look like after a minority who have a nostalga for the past like the imposition of imperial units and grammar schools as well as bringing back blue passports (which are actually black and not blue as people believe, must be a case of the Mandela Effect) as mentioned in an article in the New Statesman earlier this year. And it is several years before you go to vote in a general election, so it could be a long couple of years no matter who wins.

And the next UK general election could coincide with the 2024 American Presidential election. That’s going to be…something.

From what I am hearing, if Liz Truss wins the race to be the new UK Prime MInister, then there is a possibility that the UK will move further to the right. I remember watching The Last Leg (which airs on ABC here in Australia), and host Adam Hills said that it is a minority of people who are voting for the new Prime Minister, mostly older people, and no doubt that whoever wins the Prime Ministership in the United Kingdom will tend to look like after a minority who have a nostalga for the past like the imposition of imperial units and grammar schools as well as bringing back blue passports (which are actually black and not blue as people believe, must be a case of the Mandela Effect) as mentioned in an article in the New Statesman earlier this year. And it is several years before you go to vote in a general election, so it could be a long couple of years no matter who wins.
the funny thing about the whole blue passport thing is that the EU never mandated that passports be a certain colour

the funny thing about the whole blue passport thing is that the EU never mandated that passports be a certain colour

It was a populist thing and no doubt the Conservatives knew it, but they wanted Brexit. And no doubt it was an appeal of nostalga for their voters.

By the way, I just found a video on YouTube about the whole leadership battle and it is funny. Remember I put up several Honest Government ads in the YouTube video section of the forums, well here is another one.

And it is several years before you go to vote in a general election, so it could be a long couple of years no matter who wins.

Yup. The final two candidates for the next PM were chosen by the incumbent Conservative Party's MPs. (After that, registered Conservatives were allowed to vote on which of the two they like best).

Both Sunak and Truss had right-leaning policies culturally, but they differ economically. Truss is going to cut taxes, bring back support non-renewable energy and spend more on defense rather than welfare. :/ Spending less on welfare... is not going to work well when most of the UK are one emergency away from having no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom