• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inverse Battle Tournament (FINISHED)

Re: Inverse Battle Tournament (Round 1)

I've seen 8 teams at this point and not a single Sawsbuck, the best Pokémon in Inverse. Y'all disappoint me. Here's an old IB team that peaked #1 on PS!'s Inverse ladder, if anyone wants to use it:

Retired team. Peaked #1 on the IB ladder before promptly dropping to ~1350 (pretty sure they started counterteaming me, everyone is suddenly packing Abomasnow and Tyranitar and such xD)

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Dragon Pulse

Sawsbuck @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn

Victreebel @ Life Orb
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Power Whip
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Growth

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Golem @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Gyro Ball
- Sucker Punch

I've seen 8 teams at this point and not a single Sawsbuck, the best Pokémon in Inverse. Y'all disappoint me. Here's an old IB team that peaked #1 on PS!'s Inverse ladder, if anyone wants to use it:

Retired team. Peaked #1 on the IB ladder before promptly dropping to ~1350 (pretty sure they started counterteaming me, everyone is suddenly packing Abomasnow and Tyranitar and such xD)

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Dragon Pulse

Sawsbuck @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Power Whip
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Growth

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Golem @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Gyro Ball
- Sucker Punch

Meh, it's pretty frail, and can't get past Avalugg.

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Dragon Pulse

Sawsbuck @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Power Whip
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Growth

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Golem @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Gyro Ball
- Sucker Punch

Meh, it's pretty frail, and can't get past Avalugg.

Sawsbuck doesn't have to break Avalugg, it resists its STAB and the best it can do is Roar Sawsbuck out. +2 Return does between 35-40%, so whatever is brought in has a decent chance at being able to break it from that range, especially if they're a special Attacker. And Sawsbuck has Normal and Grass STABs with Bug coverage, which is godly in Inverse. The frailty argument is silly when we're talking about a Focus Sash sweeper that outspeeds the entire meta in the right conditions.

Hate to be that guy but can we get a Challonge link so that we know that nothing fishy is going on behind the scenes?

And never mind I can't OP right.

Sawsbuck doesn't have to break Avalugg, it resists its STAB and the best it can do is Roar Sawsbuck out. +2 Return does between 35-40%, so whatever is brought in has a decent chance at being able to break it from that range, especially if they're a special Attacker. And Sawsbuck has Normal and Grass STABs with Bug coverage, which is godly in Inverse. The frailty argument is silly when we're talking about a Focus Sash sweeper that outspeeds the entire meta in the right conditions.[/QUOTE]

Avalugg can stall out the sun, alongside doing some chip damage by whatever means, which can make Sawsbuck significantly easier to handle, but I won't deny that it isn't potent in the right conditions. I personally vouch for Snorlax, but only because it's sturdier, and I personally like buikier pokes.

Won

Earthquake. Still the greatest move in the meta.

so, any update on Round 2/Losers bracket? just wondering

so, any update on Round 2/Losers bracket? just wondering
I know that DragonEspeon and I400 are scheduling for their battle, but let me check up on the other remaining match.

@TriggerDigger, @MaddieTheGamer - did you schedule a time for your battle yet?

I'm not trying to spam or anything, but after watching a few battles posted here, i hope Inverse Battle has its own ingame facility or at least as an option in a Battle Tower in a future game. There are just so many pokemon i want to use, but can't because their typing greatly hinders them in the normal type chart.

I'm not trying to spam or anything, but after watching a few battles posted here, i hope Inverse Battle has its own ingame facility or at least as an option in a Battle Tower in a future game. There are just so many pokemon i want to use, but can't because their typing greatly hinders them in the normal type chart.

I can totally get behind what you're saying, it sucks that there is no option to choose Inverse for Wifi.

well, that one has been a bit slow. Any time prediction for round 2?

At the rate this is going, I predict myself to get a free bye to the Round 3
I don't want that to happen D:

To anyone that is currently waiting on their next round, I'm totally down for a practice battle. More battles can't hurt.

I'm game
I'll be in the Other Metas room, the alt is wi-fi adapter

@DragonEspeon @UnseeingRaccoon @TriggerDigger @MaddieTheGamer
Please contact your opponent and try to schedule your battle within the next two days. Try to aim to get your battles done by this weekend, so that we can keep the tournament going. I'd prefer to not drop people as it would lead to a chain reaction of byes, but we can't let this wait too long. :/

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom