• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inverse Battle Tournament (FINISHED)

Re: Inverse Battle Tournament (Round 1)

@DragonEspeon @UnseeingRaccoon @TriggerDigger @MaddieTheGamer
Please contact your opponent and try to schedule your battle within the next two days. Try to aim to get your battles done by this weekend, so that we can keep the tournament going. I'd prefer to not drop people as it would lead to a chain reaction of byes, but we can't let this wait too long. :/
@UnseeingRaccoon; posted in Alexey's OU tourney about dropping out of the Inverse Tourney so I would recommend following up with him separately.

Also just started talks with Chiplet to try and schedule a time for our R2 battle.

Actually Terra, I was dropping out of Alexy's tourny so I could focus more on this one.

Actually, it's Alexey
The last syllable is stressed

Actually, it's Alexey
The last syllable is stressed
Sorry Alexey.
Also, I believe that me and DE should have our battle done within 24 hours from now. If not tonight, then sometime early tomorrow.

Thanks for doing your battle.

@TriggerDigger hasn't been around since Friday and @MaddieTheGamer hasn't gone back to the forums since her signup post :/ If they don't get back to me by the weekend then I'll have to award Trigger the win (as he made an effort to contact his opponent) to get next round's matchups, which might lead to eventually dropping them both if they stay inactive.

I also have your Froakies ready for pickup! I should be available most of the day tomorrow so drop me a line and I can trade them to you. I did hatch them myself so I can give them a nickname if you want. My FC is 3394-3742-8499, IGN Kevin.

Thanks for doing your battle.

@TriggerDigger hasn't been around since Friday and @MaddieTheGamer hasn't gone back to the forums since her signup post :/ If they don't get back to me by the weekend then I'll have to award Trigger the win (as he made an effort to contact his opponent) to get next round's matchups, which might lead to eventually dropping them both if they stay inactive.

I also have your Froakies ready for pickup! I should be available most of the day tomorrow so drop me a line and I can trade them to you. I did hatch them myself so I can give them a nickname if you want. My FC is 3394-3742-8499, IGN Kevin.

At the rate this is going, I predict myself to get a free bye to the Round 3
I don't want that to happen D:

attachment.php

Smogon just banned Kyurem-B and Snorlax, how will this effect the tourney? Are we sticking to the initial banlist for the whole tournament or are we going to change for the forthcoming matches?

EDIT: It might be worth testing if we can even play Inverse using banned Pokemon on the Smogon Server.

EDIT:It seems to be working on some other servers, so we still have that option of sticking to the initial banlist.

Last edited:

Snorlax just got banned!?! Why?
My guess is because Normal types become rather broken in Inverse Battles: only weakness is Ghost, they now resist Fighting, Normal type moves are super effective against Rock, Steel and Ghost and nothing resists Normal type moves. All of this combined with Snorlax now resisting the moves it fears in the normal type chart (Close Combat, Superpower and Hammer Arm), the fact that there's barely any good physical Ghost type moves (with a few exceptions) and its great stats, makes it extremely powerful.

I can imagine how M-Kangaskhan is in Inverse Battles...oh boy...

Last edited:

Good to see that people are discussing the meta for Inverse but the decision about the bans puts a wrench in things. For those interested here's the Smogon thread about it: Ladder - Inverse Battle | Smogon Forums

We'll follow the initial banlist for Round 2 of the winner's bracket and Round 1 of the loser's bracket.

Afterwards, these changes will be applied on all following rounds:
Banned Pokemon: Kyurem-B, Snorlax

You can do Inverse Battles that follow the old banlist over at the Frost PS! server. (Thanks Angad for checking it out!)

Seems like I have bad timing when it comes to shifts in the meta.

As for the last remaining match in Round 1...I might end up kicking them and taking in 2 more participants so that we get a full bracket and players don't miss out on battling.

@Loakedout expressed interest in joining but I'll ask him to post here to confirm if he is, and if anyone else is interested in joining the tournament please post here.

Yo sharker~ Imma go withdraw from the tournament~ I just really dislike sluggish activity from the forums.
Give my win to Blizzard Dragon in the losers Bracket~ I don't really like doing scheduled battles rather just doing it on the spot is my style.

Yo sharker~ Imma go withdraw from the tournament~ I just really dislike sluggish activity from the forums.
Give my win to Blizzard Dragon in the losers Bracket~ I don't really like doing scheduled battles rather just doing it on the spot is my style.
Sorry about how clunky this got, one of the downsides of a bracket is that one match affects the progress of the other branches. I gotta control the flow of the matches to keep things organized but yeah I understand what you mean about the pacing of the rounds so I'll work on that.

I am planning to get the next round of matches moving by tomorrow if you're interested in playing out your match, for now I want to give Trigger and Maddie (or anyone else who'd like to sign up) a chance to catch up to everyone.

Hey, sorry it took so long for me to respond. I just remembered about the post rn. Yea, Im willing to participate if you still need me

Sorry about how clunky this got, one of the downsides of a bracket is that one match affects the progress of the other branches. I gotta control the flow of the matches to keep things organized but yeah I understand what you mean about the pacing of the rounds so I'll work on that.

I am planning to get the next round of matches moving by tomorrow if you're interested in playing out your match, for now I want to give Trigger and Maddie (or anyone else who'd like to sign up) a chance to catch up to everyone.

Neither of them have been on for about a week. I'd say its time to move on. They've had plenty of time to get on and battle and just haven't done it. Replace both of them with LoakedOut and onto round 2.

Yeah sorry about that guys, let's get the next round going. Thank you for waiting.

Winners' Bracket
Round 2

@DragonEspeon vs. @TakuyaDrini
@TerraTF vs. @Chiplet
BadAssGardevoir vs. Angad
@Loakedout vs. @Alexey

Losers' Bracket
Round 1

UnseeingRaccoon vs. johnnyd2
@blizzaradragon vs. JustTheFx (dropped)
@MachDragonX vs. @Apawn
@Mr.E vs. MaddieTheGamer (dropped)​

For these battles, we'll still be following the previous banlist so Snorlax and Kyurem-B will still be allowed. Do your battles at the Frost PS! server as they haven't updated their banlist yet.

Try to get these battles done by the weekend, best of luck!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom