• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Iris becoming the *BW2 Spoiler* of *Spoiler* in the generation 6 anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
King of Luxray
Reaction score
If you do not want to be spoiled of some major BW2 details regarding Iris and Alder, please do not read what's in the spoiler tag.

As I watched the episodes Ash's previous female protagonist cameoed in, I noticed an interesting pattern. After each cameo, the girls get closer to the champions of the previous region. When Misty returned and she left, Lance had then returned for the Team Magma and Team Aqua arc. They were in separate episodes and appeared in different times. When May returned, Wallace returned as well. They didn't interact, but they were in the same episodes they were featured in. Come Dawn's return and Cynthia returns as well. This time, they lived under the same roof. Dawn even interacted with Wallace, and now Iris interacted more with Cynthia.

If this pattern continues to the generation six anime, then Iris and Alder would cameo and return. Now... what connection do they have in the games? In the Memory Link feature, there's a memory where Iris battles Alder, wins, and becomes the Champion of the Unova region. So if we go on with the pattern of how the previous female protagonist and previous Champion of the region Ash previously travelled to get closer, Iris and Alder should have a battle that determines if Iris should be the Champion.

Which means that when Iris comes back and has her inevitable cameo, assuming that she gets replaced, there's an extremely high chance that she'll become the Champion of the Unova region in the anime as well.

Moe

Reaction score
Iris in the anime is not Iris in the Games. No part of the anime Iris' backstory is the same as the one in the games - they won't share a future either.

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
Iris as a champion? sorry but i just cant possibly see that, she has to be the most immature character yet, and she cant even control her dragonite, evolve her axew and it took her years just to get excadrill to listen to her, i have nothing against her but she's just a little kid and will always be one, and this whole dragon master goal is as pointless as misty being a water pokemon master.

Reaction score
Could be possible. Although I do think in gen 6 we will see her new look if she does cameo tho.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Reaction score
I personally think that even with what happens with Iris in BW2, the same thing wouldn't likely happen in the anime as opposed to the games, though you do have a point here with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.