• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Iris listed on NHK's best character list (based on characters VA)

Did any of our character's voice actors made it to at least the top 10?

Did any of our character's voice actors made it to at least the top 10?
No. Some VAs made the top 10, whom voiced some characters of the days or recurring characters, or characters who were in other anime series outside of the main anime, but no VA's who voiced major characters.

No. Some VAs made the top 10, whom voiced some characters of the days or recurring characters, or characters who were in other anime series outside of the main anime, but no VA's who voiced major characters.
Aw, oh well. At least Iris' voice actress is mentioned.

Also, as Flynn pointed out, Cilan's VA is listed, but his brother's VA Chili, is listed higher than him, but that's probably because the role he is partnered with is more popular than Cilan.

Is it based off how well the voters felt the voice actor voiced a particular character, to the point they'd consider that particular character their personal best in terms of their voice-acting career? As for Mamoru Miyano, I can understand why Dento wouldn't have been picked, since he's an incredibly popular voice actor with a number of famous roles. It appears he voiced the protagonist in Bungo Stray Dogs (I have never watched the anime, so I don't know anything about it really), and that's the character that was picked alongside him at 37.

If it is for voice, then that makes sense for a lot of the choices that I can actually recognise. As for Iris, if that's the case, I can actually also understand. I think her voice actress really did portray her effervescent personality very well and was very strong on emotional scenes (such as BW033) though I don't know if I would have placed her voice portrayal higher than some of the other choices on the list. As someone who likes Iris' character, this is nice news, congratulations to her voice actress and I hope she has seen this list.

Is it based off how well the voters felt the voice actor voiced a particular character, to the point they'd consider that particular character their personal best in terms of their voice-acting career? As for Mamoru Miyano, I can understand why Dento wouldn't have been picked, since he's an incredibly popular voice actor with a number of famous roles. It appears he voiced the protagonist in Bungo Stray Dogs (I have never watched the anime, so I don't know anything about it really), and that's the character that was picked alongside him at 37.

If it is for voice, then that makes sense for a lot of the choices that I can actually recognise. As for Iris, if that's the case, I can actually also understand. I think her voice actress really did portray her effervescent personality very well and was very strong on emotional scenes (such as BW033) though I don't know if I would have placed her voice portrayal higher than some of the other choices on the list. As someone who likes Iris' character, this is nice news, congratulations to her voice actress and I hope she has seen this list.
It's based off what voices they want to hear again. So, I'd say it's by the most popular voices, in a way at least.

It's based off what voices they want to hear again. So, I'd say it's by the most popular voices, in a way at least.

Oh that's interesting, since one of the characters selected (Karamatsu Matsuno) is in an anime that's still airing (the second season had just begun approx a fortnight before voting for this poll started, even) and he's still one of the protagonists of it. His fans must just love him that much, I guess, lol.

You know, I also find it interesting that Iris was the only character listed, yet, except for Serena (who could still appear in this series), hasn't appeared in the series after hers in the same region as Ash. They clearly like her, even if it is because of her voice, yet she hasn't appeared again.

Well, Serena is generally liked for other things, not necessarily for her VA.

Though, if there is something that surprises me, it’s that Cilan isn’t listed. Weren’t his VA and performance pretty popular, especially back then?

So too is Iris, though. Iris may have never enjoyed popularity on these forums, or on Serebii, but she was well-liked on Tumblr and other social media sites when Best Wishes! aired. I'm not certain about the Japanese fandom, but people have liked her character, myself included.

Mamoru Miyano has voice acted many characters, so it's difficult for Dento to rise against his other characters, such as Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club who is an incredibly popular character, who wasn't picked. The character who was, Dazai Osamu, seems to be quite popular, placing at #1 for the Top 10 male characters on a Japanese magazine's poll in 2016.

This kind of makes sense. Aoi Yuuki is a really popular voice actress, so her fans could have enjoyed her role as Iris. Even the voices could be less about wanting Iris to appear again and more like fans want to hear her voice actress perform the role again if that makes any sense. Cilan's Japanese voice actor is really popular too, but I think he has more well known roles than Aoi Yuuki does, so that might be why he isn't on the list.

I loved Iris's seiyuu in the Japanese version of the series. My complaints when it comes to her was simply the writing during that series that made everyone annoying to watch, including one of my favorite characters in this series (Hikari.)

Voice acting wise, I completely understand. She was fantastic in playing the character in the most believable way.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom