• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Iris listed on NHK's best character list (based on characters VA)

This is probably the most changed thread title ever.
Yeah, two changes. So change. Much different. Maybe you should stick to updating your list of "disappeared" characters once they've finished "disappearing".

Yeah, it's more about them like the voice actress than the character.
Especially since, as we all well know, the Japanese version is country miles better than the English version...

Though couldn't they have picked another character for Aoi to reprise?
To be clear, that's not meant to be Iris bashing. I'm really am curious about if there was another character she voiced they could've or should've voted for...:unsure:

Last edited:
I would have nominated Hibiki Tachibana from Symphogear series, or Madoka Kaname from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, where both were also voiced by Aoi Yuuki.

That's why it wouldn't be fair to suggest that the fans only chose Iris out of purely liking her voice actress, as they picked her over more popular roles that Aoi Yuuki has played. Maybe they prefer her voice solely, though I would find it difficult to conceive of many characters that I have disliked where I particularly liked the voice-acting, since I don't tend to remember what I don't particularly like or have an interest in. Other people may feel otherwise, but a few of the characters chosen on this list are popular characters/ characters from popular anime (for instance, the characters in first and fifth are both from Tiger & Bunny, which was #1 on NHK's Top Anime List).

WHAT!? Who else made this list...Sakura from Naruto?? Minerva from Fairy Tail???

Oh wait, it's based on the anime VA, rather than the subjective likeability of the character itself. Never mind...

Wow, most of that list is made out of newcomers I didn't even hear before.
Yeah, two changes. So change. Much different. Maybe you should stick to updating your list of "disappeared" characters once they've finished "disappearing".
...wth?

I would have nominated Hibiki Tachibana from Symphogear series, or Madoka Kaname from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, where both were also voiced by Aoi Yuuki.
And don't forget Futaba from Persona 5.

I wanted to see her return to voice one of the character once more, presumably Acerola. it will be one of the most funnier and annoying character the whole time, especially pulling out scary prank. I wanted to see that in the future episode where she putting out a horrifying ghost face at Sophocles ever since in her whole time always accompanies by ghost types-pokémon. It will be perfect fit for the role. If it ever happened.

Iris's original VA was wonderful in terms of emoting (take notes, Sarah), so congrats. I'm also pleasantly surprised that there's much less salt than I expected to see given the subject matter.

Iris's original VA was wonderful in terms of emoting (take notes, Sarah), so congrats. I'm also pleasantly surprised that there's much less salt than I expected to see given the subject matter.

Not to even mention, the short funny animation series such as Aho-Girl. Her voicing pitch is in the highest bitter.

While I didn't like Iris as a character, Aoi Yuuki's voice acting was fairly good... though I'm not sure why they chose Iris over her other famous roles ._. Maybe they had a list of roles they voiced and the voters could only choose one anime they thought the performance was done best? That would explain a lot of the choices on the list, and that maybe popularity of the anime doesn't necessarily equal popularity of the character.

On a side note, Tiger and Bunny must have been really popular to have both ranked first on most favorite anime overall and scored both of their protagonists (Kotetsu and Barnaby) in the top ten as favorite performances, with the former as number one.

Last edited:
who thinks we will get a battle of her and Ash in Alola or a visit in Unova?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom