• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Iris vs. Clair

woah where would they fit this?... it seems like something that should've happened in the Clair ep instead of wasting it on a filler-ish plot... at least now it makes more sense that Clair was brought back since she pretty much did nothing in that ep... I guess she will be responsible for Iris' departure after all

[video=youtube;Tu40z0VILZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu40z0VILZY[/video]

Iris VS Clair seems to take place at the Blackthorn Gym... or at least, I'm pretty sure that's the Gym's judge we see there... I bet it'll be just a quick scene showing what Iris will do after leaving

Clair's Grandpa Voiced by Carter Cathcart, nice and this is Going to be Fun I THink.

Iris VS Clair seems to take place at the Blackthorn Gym... or at least, I'm pretty sure that's the Gym's judge we see there... I bet it'll be just a quick scene showing what Iris will do after leaving

The Gym's judge is there. I didn't notice that at first. So, my guess is that Iris left to train with Clair and we probably just see her battling in a brief scene after she leaves.

I would be mad if Axew managed to defeat any of Clair's Pokémon. But if it's Druddigon vs. Dragonite on a 1 vs. 1 battle, then scratch the previous sentence.

I want and hope this episode to be an Iris Special one. So we could see a many-pokemon battle between Iris and Clair.
I like the idea of Ash giving her his Gible. But maybe that Gible can be a random one, or maybe Iris gets a Pokemon Egg. Who knows...

A 3 on 3 battle would be nice, considering that we've actually never seen Iris participate in a battle that utilizes more than 2 Pokémon each.

I'd be alright with Axew taking out one of Clair's Pokémon if that Pokémon had been weakend beforehand. We know that Axew is capable of battling as it lots of times have battled both Team Rocket and Team Plasma Pokémon, though as this is Gym Leader that he's facing I could only sees its victory be believable if any of Iris' other Pokémon had weakend Clair's Pokémon before.

A 3 on 3 battle would be nice, considering that we've actually never seen Iris participate in a battle that utilizes more than 2 Pokémon each.

I'd be alright with Axew taking out one of Clair's Pokémon if that Pokémon had been weakend beforehand. We know that Axew is capable of battling as it lots of times have battled both Team Rocket and Team Plasma Pokémon, though as this is Gym Leader that he's facing I could only sees its victory be believable if any of Iris' other Pokémon had weakend Clair's Pokémon before.

I personally think that Excadrill and Emolga should stay out of this battle. Given this is suppose to be about her Dragon Master goal after all. If Axew hadn't been sidelined so much this series I think seeing a 2 v 2 of Fraxure/Dragonite vs Druddigon/Dragonite would have been ideal. Though, she doesn't exactly have alot of options, and Axew's last tournament battle showing wasn't too great...Excadrill might be used if it's more than a 1 v 1.

I personally think that Excadrill and Emolga should stay out of this battle. Given this is suppose to be about her Dragon Master goal after all. If Axew hadn't been sidelined so much this series I think seeing a 2 v 2 of Fraxure/Dragonite vs Druddigon/Dragonite would have been ideal. Though, she doesn't exactly have alot of options, and Axew's last showing wasn't too great...so at the very least Excadrill might be used.

I can kinda agree with that, but I really want to see an intense battle as of the end of Iris' time on the show, and that does feel highly implausible with just Axew and Dragonite doing the battling, so a team consisting of Axew, Excadrill and Dragonite do feel like the only way to make the battle enjoyable while at the same time giving Axew another chance to battle.

I hope Iris' stupid deux ex Kairyu doesn't ruin the battle. I hate that Pokémon (not the species, only her specific Kairyu). Also it would be nice to see Kibago finally evolving.

Maybe Iris is going to decide to stay and train with Claire because she knows a lot about dragons?

Maybe Iris is going to decide to stay and train with Claire because she knows a lot about dragons?

That seems like a good possibility. She wasn't that excited about becoming a Gym Leader and was more nervous than anything, so this would be another way to avoid it while getting some training done. I image that Axew won't evolve though. I think that ship long since sailed and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a one-on-one match. Axew's battle skills aren't really that great and she'll just rely on her Dragonite instead anyway.

This episode is time wasted that could have gone to make a longer and more detailed ash and pallet reunion. But instead we get to see iris bullshit her way to a win somehow and walk with a gible. Worse still is ash might give her an early wedding pressent in the form of a gible. Poor gible...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom