• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Irregular ingredients you love

I'm Italian, so Anise is common in my pastries, but I've been told it's a rare ingredient. It's great though

Parsley.

I love it.

I put it in my sandwiches and quesadillas.

And I have a family trait of loving tabasco sauce to the extent where you even put it on chips :p

i LOVE cooking with Buffalo/Bison meat :X It's leaner than cow but doesn't taste "gamey" like deer. It cooks so much faster too! so i don't have to slave as long next to the hot stove (which is always a plus!)

and the only other things i can think of would be that i love to include bell pepper and onions in EVERYTHING i make. seriously. it's ridiculous but so tasty! lol

Edit: oh and i forgot! when i'm want bacon for my breakfast egg tacos/sandwiches i substitute a mountain of bacon bits (for salads) in them since i literally can't cook bacon without burning it (i like crispy). looks weird but tastes just as good :D

Last edited:
I don't always cook or bake. But when I do, I usually use Nutella. A Nutella cake isn't half bad.

I enjoy using Honey/Carob as a substitute for sugar.

Mustard Powder. Somehow I make it work as a slight flavor giver, even in my mash potatoes.

Rosemary. I actually never expected to use it in as many dishes as I do. I thought it was going to be one of those 'every so little' spices. But I seem to go through, at the very least, two containers of it within a year. o A o

I randomly splash chives onto everything simply because I can. Also for more flavorful dishes, garam masala.

EDIT: How did I forget cinnamon? I used to sprinkle that over pretty much everything I ate.

I'm addicted to Milo and eat the powder straight out of the tin.

I put it on ice-cream, mix it into milkshakes and sprinke it on my Weetbix and milk for breakfast. Soooo good ^^

i LOVE cooking with Buffalo/Bison meat :X It's leaner than cow but doesn't taste "gamey" like deer. It cooks so much faster too! so i don't have to slave as long next to the hot stove (which is always a plus!)
I like this too, but it's just so expensive. I spent about $40 on some a couple of weeks ago.
and the only other things i can think of would be that i love to include bell pepper and onions in EVERYTHING i make. seriously. it's ridiculous but so tasty! lol
You sound like me. Just toss garlic in there too. Bell peppers, onion, and garlic just seem so complementary to me. I use it in pretty much everything.

Chilli flakes, Garlic Paste, Onion. I literally chuck these ingredients in EVERYTHING. Doesn't matter what it is, or how disgusting it may be with these ingredients. I'll eat it.

We have a small herb garden outside so we sometimes put Orange Mint or Rosemary on our meat when it's cooking.

This gif:
tumblr_lj1zrqJ7Ah1qcm0l4o1_500.gif

represents my relationship with Sriracha very well.

I am in love with red pepper flakes. Seriously, I put them on almost everything I eat. My absolute favorite food to put it on is pasta. It just adds so much.

I used to be obsessed with Frank's hot sauce. Put that stuff on everything, too, including sandwiches and stuff you wouldn't normally put hot sauce on. Now I stick to only putting it on chili, eggs and that burrito thing I posted in DCM's Quantum Kitchen thread, but I still consider it a favorite ingredient of mine.

Last edited:
I have had great success with barbecue sauce in lots of places it doesn't belong. Probably the highest point was in a veggie-rice dish. Also, on a sandwich with eggs and ham.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom