• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Absol a good Pokemon?

KuraiPhantom

Reaction score
Okay, so I've had an Absol, one of my favorite Pokemon for a while, but just recently I've discovered that its defense stats are just....terrible.
I think the only good stats are its Attacks.

What else is good about Absol?

I never really properly trained her, with the drinks that can boost their stats or anything, so that was partly my fault. She is above the level 70s now. I mainly caught her for the Mega Absol.

So is Absol really a good pokemon? Many people say it's only good for the Attacks and nothing more.
Some people say Mega Absol is even a waste of an evolution.

Yes it is very good - with Magic Bounce it acts as a great offensive lead or sweeper as it has great Attack and perfect neutral coverage as well as a priority move in Sucker Punch + Play Rough. For it's last two slots it can effectively run Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Fire Blast (good mixed offenses if you don't mind a Def lowering nature), Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, etc.

yes it is a good pokemon - its just how you use it or which moves you equip it with
mega absol is boss !!!

you should go on smogon and check out move sets on absol and find a suitable one for it
and see some strategies you can make

I've been playing with a basic Mega Absol Sucker Punch / Play rough / Baton Pass / Swords Dance set. It's been working wonderfully for me, I find he's fast enough to out speed counters switched in on him and can either baton pass out or try to KO on a +2 attack.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom