• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is anyone else disappointed that there's no location in the Pokémon world based on New Zealand and Australia?

Storybrooke

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I could be wrong about this since I haven't consumed every scrap of media when it comes to Pokemon. But I'm fairly certain that there haven't been any regions in the series based on either Australia or New Zealand yet. Which as a proud Kiwi is just disappointing, to say the least.

As as I’m concerned there hasn’t been a region based on those locations, although there are a few pokemon that could fit in such as Komala & Kangaskhan. I’m not disappointed, but I do want them to get out of western europe already.

There are still many more games to come and I think it's likely Aus and NZ will be included in the future. If not for the next gen then maybe some of the upcoming ones after that. Lots of diverse wildlife here and there are so many opportunities to make an awesome region!

I could be wrong about this since I haven't consumed every scrap of media when it comes to Pokemon. But I'm fairly certain that there haven't been any regions in the series based on either Australia or New Zealand yet. Which as a proud Kiwi is just disappointing, to say the least.
So you're from New Zealand, eh? Fascinating place, it is. Did you know where you live used to have birds called moas that stood 12 feet tall, utterly dwarfing the comparatively tiny kiwis that still remain?
There are still many more games to come and I think it's likely Aus and NZ will be included in the future. If not for the next gen then maybe some of the upcoming ones after that. Lots of diverse wildlife here and there are so many opportunities to make an awesome region!
My thoughts exactly! (y):giggle: Speaking of the wildlife, since you've moved to the land down under, I'll bet you've seen some kangaroos and even some koalas. right? What's your favorite? Personally, I've always wanted to see the giant saltwater crocodiles they have up in the north, and the perenties that live in the outback.

Last edited:
I'd like a FEW regions there. Australia alone is about the size of the continental US, and a lot of fanmade Aussie regions try to cram the whole thing into just one.

At this rate, soon.

Looks like they're getting much of Western Europe covered, I could totally see Australia/NZ/Oceania as a region in the next decade.

I'm not disappointed there hasn't been one, but I think I would still be happy to see one happen if the game is enjoyable.

I'd like a FEW regions there. Australia alone is about the size of the continental US, and a lot of fanmade Aussie regions try to cram the whole thing into just one.
Partly agree with this, through the thought of a super-game (Which would cost more too) is appealing.

Though that said, with the DLC system, they could separate the region into chunks and release it as part of DLC.

That said, and this is what scares me... I think it's most likely they'll do the same they did with the USA and just use a single city (Sydney)

Back
Top Bottom