• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Is Ash x Goh going to become the dominant slash pairing in the anime sphere?

Reaction score
...Now first off I really don't care for the results of this beyond 'if I want to make a Yaoi fangirl joke out of Serena or Lana or someone'. I don't really care for Yaoi and don't seek it out. However I do have some curiosity on this question and am curious what those more in the Yaoisphere are observing.

(And I have no better place to ask it than here)

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
From what I've seen whenever Ash gets a new companion he gets shipped with them pretty heavily during that series' run, then once they leave it becomes less prominent. So I'd guess it'll be dominant for at least a while--the question is if it'll stay big.

Admittedly I am not a slash expert--the main ones I'm aware of in this fandom are Ash X Gary (which was huge during the OS but I don't see it much now) and Pikachu X Meowth.