• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is DLC possible with Pokemon DS games?

Joelulz

Reaction score
I know the DS card has a memory limit, but is it possible to make DLCs for Pokemon like some other console games?

And Idea I had would be for them to make each region in gen V format, and release it on the Dsi store for say, $20-$25. (They could release a region each year.)
Then, once you downloaded it, you had to have Black/White in your Dsi and then you could play the game. It wouldn't be connected to the cartridge physically, but Your information would transfer over so you could play through the storyline of FRLG/HGSS/RSE/DPPt on your trainer account.

Once you beat a certain storyline, you could then Transfer Other region Pokemon to that Region and keep playing through it.

pew pew pew.

thats not what he's talking about, he talking about storing and playing entire Pokemon games on the DS and being able to transfer the content to other games on the same system, like downloading a game onto another game

I think he is talking about DLC here because of the fan mad creation, thus i wouldn't be possible to program before in the games so it is original content that got added.

So if the ds cart could take it with it's capacity you could store new area's on the cart but i daudt there's enough space for such a thing.

In general, though, Nintendo seems to have a company wide unofficial policy against DLC.

I haven't seen first party DLC, other then Disc Locked Content events. I haven't seen updates either on the DS.

On the Wii, however, you can get DLC and game updates for third party games. Just not very many first party games. I wonder why.....

It would be impossible because Nintendo would have to recall every cart and install the DLC to make it avalible

It would be impossible because Nintendo would have to recall every cart and install the DLC to make it avalible

That's not how DLC works. We're talking about new content downloaded onto the carts, like they do with every other system except for the DS. We're not talking about things like GameFreak's silly way of adding 4 "hidden" Pokemon in the game that only need a key or event trigger to access, but are still already shipped with the game.

If you have ever played any other console, you know what DLC is. It lets you download new stuff onto the game.

Aren't things you get from Wi-Fi DLC?

That's not DLC, that's Disc Locked Content. The DS downloads an event card to unlock the event, similar to how some publishers make you pay to download a 100kb file that unlocks content on the disc with the PS3 and 360 and sometimes Wii.

Being able to get stuff off of Wi-Fi is probably as close as we will get.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom