• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Is Generation VI really done?

The only reason I ever had a full team at level 50+ (or late-game pokémon at those levels) in Red and Blue is a certain stretch of coastline on Cinnabar Island.

Too bad Hoopa wasn't in ORAS. It would have been cool if we could catch it to unlock the rings around Hoenn or catch after getting all the legendary pokemon from the rings. However, Deoxys made more sense and that was a highlight that I liked from ORAS and gen 6 in general.

They still need to do an English release of the event shiny Yveltal and Xerneas..So I hope they do it before Sun and Moon come out. If they give us a giant middle finger and not give them to us I will be furious..
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Japan gets lots of events that nobody else does. That is well-established by now. We never got the Shiny Genesect or Shiny Jirachi, either.
Or the shiny Hydreigon and Golurk for the Victini movie. Yeah, I know: I'm beating a deceased Rapidash here but not getting a free shiny Golurk really grinds my Klinklang. And yeah, I did breed for an absolute killer shiny Golett on X but it's the principle of the matter.

As for the matter at hand, I really do believe that this is the last gasp of Gen VI, which is a pity. Kalos seemed so... unpolished and really needed something to improve it. However, it seems that is not to be. =/

Yeah, the BF sign in the Battle Resort was just a nod to Emerald, nothing more. That should be obvious. But there is an other missing feature that I find more confusing: Trainer Hill.

- With the absence of the Frontier, Masuda made it clear they didn´t put it in the game due to a lack of modern day players interest in such challenging features. Case closed.
- With the Emerald Gym Leader rematches, we were given a direct substitute for them at the Battle Resort (Type Masters). So technically, the feature wasn´t lost.
- And the absence of the Game Corner is self explanatory: PEGI laws. Besides, we now have other mini games instead.

But the absence of Emerald´s Trainer Hill was never explained by Game Freak. Nobody ever asked GF for that. I have not heard many fans complain, or even remember that palce.
Also, I find the absence of Trainer Hill a bit more easy to notice, because, where the Trainer Hill building was in Emerald (north of Mauville City), there is a plain rock wall in ORAS (like there was in RS).

I think it could be argued that the Battle Institute is the "modern day" substitute of Emerald´s Trainer Hill (facility out, facility in), but I think this should´ve been solved by placing the Battle Institute facility exactly there, north of Mauville City, rather than in Mauville City. This way, people would have caught the "feature for feature" change better,

Also, there is the fact that FRLG introduced Trainer Tower just before Emerald had Trainer Hill, and it is basically the same feature. So I don´t know if maybe it could be argued that it is a Kanto Feature (well, technically Savii) in the first place, and that´s why it wasn´t in the Hoenn remakes.

I don´t really miss Trainer Hill tbh, my issue is mostly that the rock wall feels empty, as I was used to seeing the Trainer Hill building there in Emerald (although I barely ever used it).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom