• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it me or are the graphics better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
I mean go to the japanese site and look at the mega evo page. The battle shots
are super clean and the hp bars are amazing compared to xy. Then you have the new blue battle text boxes, the ow models are cleaner, and cutscenes are seemingly even better, with to scale characters. The trees are the only iffy things, but the rivers are greatly improved to xy, and the grass/cliff textures are better too. Or am I crazy?

I would expect the graphics to improve. The HGSS graphics improved from DP, after all~ I do agree that they look really clean and vibrant. XY did, too, of course, but you can tell they have been improved~

This really shouldn't be surprising because as video game companies work to make new games they also work to improve the graphics in the process.

I actually thought they'd taken a step back. In the scenes in Fortree City and Cycling Road the angle looks similar to Gen V. I hope they keep the 3D open world feel and don't revert to an overhead view because it's easier to design.

I actually thought they'd taken a step back. In the scenes in Fortree City and Cycling Road the angle looks similar to Gen V. I hope they keep the 3D open world feel and don't revert to an overhead view because it's easier to design.
Wasn't XY the same? Most of the field view was also overhead. Maybe not in a 90° view but it wasn't certainly an open world feel. It only had spots and locations where the view changed, but it surely didn't keep a free 3D camera in the entire game. I think it's safe to say ORAS will do the same.

That said, I don't see much of a difference with XY either. It looks pretty similar in many ways. Not that it's a bad thing, as XY looks fantastic. All improvements will be definitely subtle and only noticeable by people with good eye. It does look different but that's probably due to it being a remake. Remakes always look different from the main generational pair. FRLG had smaller overworld sprites and overall a more polished feel. Emerald didn't adapt a lot of its design quirks, either. It mostly kept the RS feel. HGSS also had a different coloration and elements. At the core they had the same base or engine, but the style was different. It's likely the same case here.

The graphics look a little bit better, but that could be because I'm looking at a game other than X and Y.

They look about the same to me. As of now, in my opinion, RSE's overworld > ORAS's. The GBA games were never technical marvels and they're over a decade old now, but they're just more colorful and sharp.

They're about the same. If there are tremendous differences, I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom