• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it possible that James is gay?

JohnnyCool708

Observer
Reaction score
If you remember James is sort of homosexual or maybe a transvestite because he dresses up inappropriately in one of the banned episodes and in the episode, "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City" He says after being thunderbolted, "This is one of the times I wish I could go straight" Plus James also didn't want to marry Jessibelle giving three reasons why he may be gay(who would though....). This is just in Kanto too. I believe that he is not gay but for all of you critiquing me, it is just a question to the fans. To be more specific, I mean English dub James, not Japanese Kojiro.

NOTE: I am not against homosexuality as I respect the feelings of all men and women on this Earth. Do not rant me if I sound offesnive, but please what do you think?

Last edited:
Re: Is it possible that James..............

How did I know this was what you were asking when I saw this thread title?

No, James is not gay. The dub just makes him look like that.

Also, who WOULD want to marry Jessibelle?

Plus James also didn't want to marry Jessibelle giving three reasons why he may be gay.

Sure, him not wanting to marry a psychotic woman his parents forced on him makes him gay? Okay then. >>

Last edited:

How did I know this was what you were asking when I saw this thread title?

No, James is not gay. The dub just makes him look like that.

Nobody but I knew somebody would say this.... it is just a example man......... he still has logical reasoning behind it!

And who WOULD turn down an opportunity to wear giant, D cup inflatable boobies? =D

James isn't gay, at most he's moderately bishounen in the original which 4Kids interprets as faggerific queerness. Come on, we all know they would.

By the way, these jelly-filled donuts are great.

If you remember James is sort of homosexual or maybe a transvestite because he dresses up inappropriately in one of the banned episodes and in the episode, "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City" He says after being thunderbolted, "This is one of the times I wish I could go straight" Plus James also didn't want to marry Jessibelle giving three reasons why he may be gay. This is just in Kanto too.

NOTE: I am not against homosexuality as I respect the feelings of all men and women on this Earth. Do not rant me if I sound offesnive, but please what do you think?

This most likely means he wishes he "go on the 'good' side, not the 'bad' side" (Team Rocket) because who would want to get thunderbolted, not me!

I imagine it's mostly just the dub that makes him look that way, as a few others have said. Crossdressing a couple times doesn't automatically make someone homosexual or a transvestite, though... not sure where you get that. I also remember one episode of the dub where Jesse is saying something like "when you get involved with the opposite sex, you're asking for trouble", and then James goes "and that's one type of trouble... (pause)... I stay out of", lo.

Plus, you've got to remember his motivations. Almost everything Team Rocket does seems to revolve around getting the gang, and catching Pikachu... and they usually go to absolutely ridiculous lengths to try and accomplish that. They've all constantly been dressing up in all kinds of stupid disguises, all in the interests of humour; nothing more.

Ah, where's the Kojiro facepalm cap when I need it...?

Edit:
thisshit.jpg

Last edited:

If you remember James is sort of homosexual or maybe a transvestite

Did you just learn the word 'transvestite' at recess today or something and felt the desperate need to say it? This is a transvestite:

famous_web_trap_00.jpg

Not this:
james-kojiro.jpg

Did everyone miss the episode where James clearly states that Jessiebelle was his first love? Or did he not clearly state that in the dub?

*rubs temples* Thirteen years and at least one strong piece of undeniable proof later and this is still going on. I hate this fandom sometimes.

You do know that he fell in love with Jesse at some point....
Rocketshipping_pokemon_by_crazyfreak.jpg

awesome though rocketshipping is, it isn't canon. Nor is fanart.

I speak nothing but the truth.

Also, Dewgong, when was the last time you and I talked?

I know what a transvestite is and did not just learn that word............. I was clearly stating the banned episode that is all. Jessibelle was also a bad example because even I agree that rejecting her is not........homosexual. I apologize to all the RocketShippers that were "disappointed" and it was just a question, not a statement, as clearly said in the beginning and end. So, don't ridicule someone for what he/she thinks, but instead give a answer. As for answers, with the help of the general consensus (and the existance of dubbing errors) I have reason to believe that James is not homosexual. To bring up a point, he may just be bicurious D: No, he is not, but what do you, Pokemon fans, believe and as people have done before, I.E TM2 Megatron, please state examples that have not been already said.

Fanart is nice. Now how about something more... shall we say, official?

jjconfess.jpg

Also, this:

pikachu4148.jpg

But yeah, no. As happy as it makes me, that's just manga canon. And yet...

Again, though, I point out to James' first love. Who is obviously female. If nutfuck.

I've always assumed that during the first (and maybe second, can't remember that much) season, Jessie and James had dressed up as the opposite sex so that they would be less likely to be recognizeable.:-/

it's just his role. And he is not a gay,

and in the episode, "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City" He says after being thunderbolted, "This is one of the times I wish I could go straight" Plus James also didn't want to marry Jessibelle giving three reasons why he may be gay. This is just in Kanto too.

i'm not so sure since that one line has 2 meanings, as such, since he is a criminal, that makes him crooked. and making him straight would mean he's on the right side of the law :/ not gay/straight.

and how can not wanting to marry Jessebelle mean he's gay? have you not seen the latest episode where this reason is explained? in "The treasure Is All Mine!" its shown that he doesn't want to marry her (anymore) because she was a control freak and wanted him to get rid of his partner, growly (his growlithe) for a skitty.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom