• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it possible that James is gay?

Re: Is it possible that James..............

Why does it matter either way anymore?

James has been handled poorly by the Japanese writers themselves. I pretty much hate what James has become in DP. He's basically turned into the "Brock" of Team Rocket.

A pity.

oh quit being so dramatic, james has had plenty of screen time:

poke ringer contest
Pokemon contest
the treasure is all mine episode

and those are only a few.

poke ringer contest

He loses to a filler character the first match. In the AG Pokeringer Contest he made it to the finals and nearly beat Ash. He was treated like garbage in the DP one.

Pokemon contest
the treasure is all mine episode

I'll agree with these two, plus Cacnea's goodbye ep, those were the only decent focus on James in awhile.

This is the problem with keeping the same characters for 12 years, they either run out of story potential for them or their personalities decay from what they used to be.

It used to be just noticeable with Brock, but now its happening to James/Meowth as well.

He loses to a filler character the first match. In the AG Pokeringer Contest he made it to the finals and nearly beat Ash. He was treated like garbage in the DP one.

he was being to cocky so he deserved it.

I'll agree with these two, plus Cacnea's goodbye ep, those were the only decent focus on James in awhile.

This is the problem with keeping the same characters for 12 years, they either run out of story potential for them or their personalities decay from what they used to be.

It used to be just noticeable with Brock, but now its happening to James/Meowth as well.
team rocket is just there, and I've excepted there presence. do i find them stale, no not really. i guess i just don't see whats wrong.

Why does it matter either way anymore?

James has been handled poorly by the Japanese writers themselves. I pretty much hate what James has become in DP. He's basically turned into the "Brock" of Team Rocket.

A pity.

Scott, what the hell does that have to do with the topic in question? Quit derailing threads to whine about what you don't like about the anime.

Not that the subject of this thread is any good, but still.

This whole topic is about James' personality either being changed by the dub or altered from what it is in itself.

And for that matter, I still don't know why people think James is gay after literally 13 years.

They gave him that voice, for one thing. And they gave him all those ambiguous lines.

Besides, if you want a character who's unquestionably gay, just look at Harley.

What's wrong with his voice? I don't see anything wrong with his lines.

I actually think Harley is straight but it's harder to tell with him because he hasn't appeared for seasons on end.

I actually think Harley is straight but it's harder to tell with him because he hasn't appeared for seasons on end.

THISTHISTHIS.

Uhmmm... back to the topic. I would like to think he's bi xD
But cross-dressing doesn't mean anything really, he can dress like a girl and still be attracted to them.

Why not point out all the times Jessie has dressed like a boy? Does that mean she likes girls?

James is straight as far as I can tell, I don't read the manga and only watch the dub episodes of the anime.

I highly doubt that James is gay, bi even.

And since when does crossdressing mean that someone is homosexual? Team Rocket is just odd, that's why they do it.

Plus, didn't he say that he loved JessieJessiebelle?

He was like six when he said that, hough.

What I meant was he was around six when he had a crush on her. Generally at that age people don't understand love.

I would like to know the context of his fanciful motions in the original version then and how it could possibly be better.

Leave James aloneeeee *cry*...

but seriously how this all speculation about James being gay came up? Well I found his crossdressing fun, not some sort of gay stuff, also to mention again, in flashbacks he was intrested in gril not damn boy lol.

I would like to know the context of his fanciful motions in the original version then and how it could possibly be better.
Well I'm not sure if I can talk about that stuff (just received 8 infraction points from VA talk lol), you should ask Snake Bandage.

hmm he might be since he looks alot like a girl and I think he needs to mature more til I think he is straight but remember he has had a girlfriend!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom