• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it possible that James is gay?

I'm surprised no one has ever made this thread about Harley or Zoey. It's always James for some reason.
It's because those two are newer characters, and James has been around since the show started. Everyone remembers him and the gay jokes 4Kids just had to throw up in. The people who call him gay only know about the old dub episodes.

I'm surprised no one has ever made this thread about Harley or Zoey. It's always James for some reason.

Because they're practically confirmed gay. Its not like the writers will ever outright say it, but we have heavy hints.

Harley was shown crushing on Norman, (James dressed up as Norman in the Hoenn Grand Festival), his general mannerisms, and his flamboyance.

Zoey is pretty much a standard butch lesbian stereotype, complete with the masculine contest outfits. I also think they confirmed she and Candice are in a relationship, but for some reason people don't agree. And the way she acts around Dawn.

With James, the original intention was never for him to be gay. Not to mention Harley and Zoey are like that in the Japanese original, whereas most of James flamboyance is because of the dubs.

Harley and Zoey are the same in the original as in the dub, TR is altered.

Actually, Zoey has been toned down. Nozomi is constantly cooing over Hikari and being polite toward her. She's always complimenting her but the english dub toned the frequency of her compliments. In one episode she uses a softer tone then Zoey.

I actually think Harley is straight though. Flamboyant and feminine, but straight.

>>
I still don't get the James english dub though. I see nothing stereotypical or feminine about his lines.

Because you're one of the few people who think they are. xD

Nah. It's pretty..Not obvious. Their relationship is similar to Maylene and Candice's. Except anime!Candice is more hyper and less polite.

The problem is Zoey's characterisation is awful in some eps because the writers never knew what they wanted her personality to be like.

The problem is Zoey's characterisation is awful in some eps because the writers never knew what they wanted her personality to be like.

Really? Her personality seemed set in stone in her first few appearances but around Snowpoint she mellowed down. No more drooling over Dawn either.

Really? Her personality seemed set in stone in her first few appearances but around Snowpoint she mellowed down. No more drooling over Dawn either.

No, before that she was rather bitchy in her early appearances, calmed down in the middle, then at Snowpoint we discovered her backstory.

I pretty much dislike the way all of Dawn's rivals were handled though, so I can say the same for Kenny and Nando.

But I do believe Zoey is a lesbian unlike James who was never intended to be gay.

No, before that she was rather bitchy in her early appearances, calmed down in the middle, then at Snowpoint we discovered her backstory.

Isn't the calming down part character development? Her attacking everyone who didn't stick to just battling or contests hindered her. But after calming down, something about her changed after May left.

Back to James.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom