• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it really necessary to evolve?

Should you always evolve

• Yes! You want to be powerful right?

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No! It's not necessary with the right strategy.

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really depends on the pokemon. I didn't evolve my charmeleon in Colesseum, because though I like charizard, he has a 4x weakness to rock, and an electric weakness instead of a ground one, and I didn't evolve my ivysaur because I don't like the way venusaur looks. I usually evolved my pokemon for the pokedex though. I think it's great you want to have a unevolved pokemon on your team. It's original.
Take scyther as an example. Some people prefer him because scizor's slower.

I will never evolve my Skitty...it's too cute!

And I evolved my Scyther just because Scizor is part steel, which can come in handy, but yeah he's slower.

Well, what would you rather own: a cool sleek serpent that has no 4x weaknesses(dragonair) or a fat teddy bear(dragonite) that gets 0wned by Ice Beam all the time? Nuff said

Me i evolve mine all the way MOSTLY,
but there r sum i like the way they r
such as
Ivysaur over Venusaur
Squirtle over Wartortle AND Blastoise(im not joking!)
Grovyle over Sceptile
Torchic over Combusken AND Blaziken
Bayleef over Meganium(only just though)
Cyndaquil over Quilava AND Typhlosion
Totodile over Croconaw AND Feraligatr
Oh and Absolutely Positively
EEVEE over Vaporeon,Jolteon,Flareon,Espeon,Umbreon,Iceon AND Leafeon

I think that if you realy dont like the evolutions than you should stick with the pre-evolutions but with some pokemon it is absolutely neccesary like magikarp.
Not true, although well advised. On my old Yellow version I raised a magikarp to level 100 without evolving it, and beat the Elite 4 with it.

I know what you mean, I love having a strong Eevee in my party, I never let it evolve. (ironic, huh?)

Ok, I want to know is it possible to have a good Pokemon without evolving it? For instance, I love Meowth and I prefer not to evolve him even though he isn't very strong I just like his presence in my team. :party:
:052: or :053:?

(late reply ftw)
With that, I'd go with Persian. :D

Anyways.. I always evolve. Doesn't really matter to me. Usually if I like one Pokemon, I like the whole evolution line. If I don't like one, I don't like the line at all. Just how I am I guess. :/ Stats don't matter to me.

in the games,its best you evolve your Pokemon ....I mean I didn't beat the Hoenn Elite Four in my Emerald with a Treecko lol

In the anime,unevolved Pokemon are just as powerful and sometimes have an advantage

like that episode with Lt. Surge's Raichu and Ash's Pikachu(come on,Pikachu's powerful.It managed to take out Regice!)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom