• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it time for another Shiny Pokémon on the main cast? If yes, who should own it?

Should a main character get a Shiny Pokémon?

• Yes, Ash should

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes, one of Ash's classmates should (specify who below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, a future companion should

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No, it's just a gimmick

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, but a previous, temporarily returning companion should (specify who below)

• No, but a major recurring character (Rival, Professor, etc.) should

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The last, and only time a main character ever had a Shiny Pokémon was Ash catching his Noctowl. We've seen a variety of Shiny Pokémon in the anime since, be it as wild Pokémon or owned by minor characters, but none have been owned by any main character. In the end, it's only an aesthetic, but I personally always enjoyed seeing Ash's Noctowl on screen, and it certainly made it unique.

What do you think? Should any main character, be it a current or a future one, catch a Shiny Pokémon? If yes, who? And what Pokémon should they get?

I think it’s too late for one of the classmates to get a Pokemon (specially Shiny).

I think Ash could get one the next series.

Will they ever have Ash catch a shiny starter or have a rival own one?

I'm very neutral towards shinies, so I say #PersonalityOverLooks. If its shininess is going to be used as a way to tell its story, then it's fine, but if it's just a gimmick to make it unique and special, blegh.

I wouldn't be surprised if a girl protagonist catches a shiny Eevee next series or the one after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if a girl protagonist catches a shiny Eevee next series or the one after that.
Don’t give them ideas...

Anyway, I’m in for anyone getting a shiny, so long as that plays a part in its development. Maybe being the center of attention for its color bothers it. Maybe it loves it and has become arrogant. Maybe poachers (and TR) will attack more often to get it.

If it’s just like Noctowl, whose shininess is pretty much its one exclusive trait to prevent us from forgetting it, I think it’s a bad idea.

I'd like to see one used regularly by a major rival throughout a series, particularly since Ash shares at least one Pokémon species with most of his rivals. I think it would certainly add something to this unspoken rule if their shared Pokémon were visually distinct (think if Paul's Torterra was Shiny).

Even better, these two could develop their own rivalry or some other kind of relationship.

IN MY OPINION, Ash should complete the all types first. He should no I mean he must have Psychic, Ghost, and steel then having fiary then maybe mega evolution even if Z move is the replacement and even if ash greninja is similar also. And then no problem shiny pokemon or not

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom