• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is My Pokémon Heartgold Game Bootleg?

Bubbs

Reaction score

My dad said that it could be that it’s just a old DS game. I have the game cartridge inserted into a new Nintendo 3ds XL.

Does it’s game cartridge raise any red flags?

The sound is silent. The only thing I see is just where I left off, can’t move. My game saves fine though.

I’m pretty sure it does. It does have a red sheen to it.

I just see a lil arrow on the bottom. Can the infrared been seen by this pic

The game froze and all I see is just a blank square. When I got the game, my mom tried to open the thing it came in with a butter knife. Idk if that damaged the game cartridge

Okay, I gotta admit that I screwed things up: I don't think you can see the infrared port, at least, not in an easy way. I guess I got confused since I could have sworn that my Black cartridge had something different, but comparing it to my Pearl cartridge I can't see any difference aside from color.

Sorry.

Okay, I gotta admit that I screwed things up: I don't think you can see the infrared port, at least, not in an easy way. I guess I got confused since I could have sworn that my Black cartridge had something different, but comparing it to my Pearl cartridge I can't see any difference aside from color.

Sorry.

It’s okay.

I really hope the freezing stops on it... and I also have a game cartridge of Pokémon white my friend gave to me a year or two ago that works fine and isn’t buggy

But it’s a bit iffy if it’s coming from China... aka the land of the bootlegs

Fair point, which is why I was careful. Reading the negative feedback, the company has been accused of selling bootlegs.

Honestly, while there might be a hidden gem out there, I'd have to recommend getting a flash cart. Paying over $40 for an old game just doesn't make sense, and the games may never be put on eShop.

As Unown said, in either case, it's a dud.

Potential bootlegs or corrupted or just old and worn cartridges are the reason purchasing cartridges off of seller based sites such as Amazon and Ebay is ill-advised.
New, properly packaged games from a real store such as Gamestop, Best Buy or Target while more expensive is the safest way to go.

Bootleg or no, I do have some issues with my older DS games freezing up for no reason or just failing to be recognised at all by the system.
It could be that it needs a new internal battery.

If it needs a new internal battery good luck, I don't know if there's a way to even open a DS game without completely sabotaging the cartridge. It's just glue that holds them together not screws like with GBA games.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom