• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Paul going to come back?

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
You'd think the tournament would be the perfect timing to bring this guy back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there might be a chance for him to come back, but only because Shirona is there. Seeing how many times she interjected herself in their rivalry, I could see her wanting to see a rematch between the two. In fact, it would reveal herself to be a very blatant Comashipper if she contacted Shinji to tell him to come along after she tells Satoshi :p

I don't think he'll come back, though I could see him get a mention from Shirona.

He should AT LEAST be mentioned... Cynthia's role in the anime was very focused on the Ash/Paul rivalry
It'd be awesome if he'll come for the tournament too, and I think there's a chance of it happening, but better not expect it too much...

I feel like they'll be busy enough bringing other people back that he won't be back.

While we're at it, I wish Shooti wouldn't come back either.

Given that Tyson Drew and Morrison didn't have any reappearances minus cameos I doubt it will happen but then Again Gary did reappear and Cynthia here. I guess it all depends on the nature of this tournament.

I could imagine come back in a WTSeniorCup! If there will be one after the league!
Really interested how he would threat Ash than? would he be PAUL Paul or New Paul we are almost Friends like Gary Paul!
Either way Ash needs to kick Paul Ursaring to the ground that Powerful bia*ch!

Tyson
Morrison

One shot League opponents
Should never be counted together with the real recurring rivals (Gary, Drew, Harley, Paul, Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, Barry, Conway, Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Burgundy and Georgia)

I could imagine come back in a WTSeniorCup! If there will be one after the league!
Really interested how he would threat Ash than? would he be PAUL Paul or New Paul we are almost Friends like Gary Paul!
Either way Ash needs to kick Paul Ursaring to the ground that Powerful bia*ch!

Paul will never be super nice or friendly
He changed for the better thanks to Ash and realized his mistakes
He now respects his Poké, proved by his words to Electivire at the end of his battle against Ash in the Sinnoh League
But he wouldn't go all "OMG FRIENDS ^__^" - that's just not Paul...
I remember how long ago, I speculated that maybe eventually after Paul changes, (and I think that was speculating of him joining the group for some short saga after Sinnoh, lol) we could see Paul still acting very cold towards Ash and the others, but have moments where Paul is left alone with Pikachu and is starting to pet it and play with it, then randomly stop and be all cold again the moment someone enters, making Pika confused XD oh god this could be so cute and awesome... I actually hopes now we get a scene like that if Paul returns now or later XD

He'll definitely get one of those montages as Cynthia will probably bring him up to Ash.

I dunno, I think its *possible* to see him, not at the Junior tournament but one from later on. He was certainly popular enough, and unlike Drew/Harley who were connected to May, Paul could reappear as he's connected to Ash.

But then again with Trip and the new rival Ash is apparently getting, not to mention the remaining BW rivals, its already too crowded.

Tyson
Morrison

One shot League opponents
Should never be counted together with the real recurring rivals (Gary, Drew, Harley, Paul, Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, Barry, Conway, Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Burgundy and Georgia)
Well Ritchie reappeared, got cameos in theme songs for season he didn't appear in and got THREE specials. Tyson freakin won and Morrison debut before the league so they each got like what 7 episodes a pop. I'm pretty sure that's close to the amount of appearances Casey got. Just check that's more including a flash back and he SS appearances.
Not to mention they got better development then some of the ones you listed did so yeah...
My point still stand strong like a Nidoking.

Paul will never be super nice or friendly
He changed for the better thanks to Ash and realized his mistakes
He now respects his Poké, proved by his words to Electivire at the end of his battle against Ash in the Sinnoh League
But he wouldn't go all "OMG FRIENDS ^__^" - that's just not Paul...
I remember how long ago, I speculated that maybe eventually after Paul changes, (and I think that was speculating of him joining the group for some short saga after Sinnoh, lol) we could see Paul still acting very cold towards Ash and the others, but have moments where Paul is left alone with Pikachu and is starting to pet it and play with it, then randomly stop and be all cold again the moment someone enters, making Pika confused XD oh god this could be so cute and awesome... I actually hopes now we get a scene like that if Paul returns now or later XD

I'm hoping so too now!

I guess I'd be fine with at least people Cynthia talking about him I loved there rivalry, would like to see them battle out again in this tournament. Come on, wasn't he the most the popular rival of Ash? Why not?

I don't think it's that much of a longshot, but perhaps it's because I'm thoroughly deluded with my own hopes and wishes for this season. Whatever!

Anyways, if there is some sort of Champion League towards the end of BW (or the World Tournament takes place during that time), I can easily see a lot of Ash's old rivals to compete in it. If the event occurs earlier, I might have to reconsider :(

It's just too perfect of an opportunity to bring him back. I like to believe in his popularity, especially amongst the writers, so if anything, a flashback cameo would suffice (kinda).

At the very least, if he doesn't get a mention, I'll cry :(

So the new Best Wishes 2 trailer showed a Magmortar...

So the new Best Wishes 2 trailer showed a Magmortar...

Wait, what?

OMFG THERE IIIIIIISSSS HOPE!!

*gleams*

Just kidding.

No, but really, I feel like they'd hype up his return somehow at this point if he were to appear on the show again...gotta give the little kiddies context, ya know?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom