• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Pokemon the only game you play?

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I've always wondered if there is a such thing as a fan of the Pokemon games who plays nothing but Pokemon games. Y'know, people who refuse to play anything other than Pokemon? People for who Pokemon is the be-all and end-all of video games?

Is there anyone around here like that? And if so, what are the reasons for this? Do you just not have the time for anything non-Pokemon? Are there budgetary reasons at play here? Do you just not have any interest in any other game series?

I honestly have no idea if these kinds of fans even exist, so I thought I'd post this thread to see what responses you guys come up with.

No considering I have over 150 games now.XP

I'm pretty sure there are people out there. As a kid I use to only buy Pokemon games. My N64 only had Pokemon games, my GBC had Pokemon games only and my GBA for a while had only Pokemon games. The reason. I was Pokemon obsessed for a while. I did play other games that other people owned however like my brothers and uncles games that weren't Pokemon. So i still didn't totally fit in the category of only playing Pokemon games even back then.

My systems are not like that now since I'm literally going to second hand stores and buying the other games. When looking at my collection on older systems years ago I felt my collection was depressing since it was only Pokemon. So I kind of started buying everything else. Glad I did however I may have over done it.^-^;;;;

I think I had one friend in the past who only bought Nintendo systems for Pokemon but he stopped playing Pokemon now and doesn't even play games at all now.

Last edited:
nope. Altough I do only play "nintendo" games (with the "" I mean that I play games as long as they're for the ds or wii, or for other nintendo handhelds/consoles emulators on the pc)

As you can see, I do not only play pokemon. I play games of ALL kind, I'm into new things. Just playing Pokemon will be a bit too much.

There was a time when I did, but I got tired of it and started playing other games. I do go through phases where Pokemon is all I play, but they only last for about a month or so.

Admittedly, I was beyond obsessed with Pokemon when I was younger, but I've always played a variety of games. I think solely playing a single series would drain all the fun out of it, after a while.

Ace Attorney FTW!

I agree with you completely there.

I play games that are on Nintendo consoles. I play variety of games, from first to third party ones. Pokémon is one of my favorites but if I'd only play Pokémon-related games, I'd miss so many other pwnsome games.

Of course not, Zelda needs lovin too... Infact I'm replaying Wind Waker.

far from it. I'm quite avid with Fire Emblem. Also, as you could probably tell from my location, I'm quite the fan of Battlefront II. I'm part of a five man team called the Shieldbreakers. I'm Lance.

ahahaha, no. that would be a total waste of however much money you paid for a gaming platform.

along with pokemon, i also play professor layton, tales of symphonia, animal crossing, kingdom hearts and some of those cute little kid games (like "dogz" and stuff). although, i can't really juggle any of my games. once i start playing one, i neglect all the others till i'm finished with it.

Usually it'll end up becoming hardwired into my handheld of choice during a generation because it's fun to play when I'm not at home, but like hell it's the only thing I'll play.

*Replaying FF7 before I go out today*

Between this, any Star Wars related games, a few gyms like COD4, etc... Pokemon is not the only game I play. It was for a while, recently, as I fancy the outdoors more, and it was a great filler when one has nothing to do in class.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom