• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Pokemon the only game you play?

Nope. Maybe when I'm bored and on a handheld console. I can never find anything else good enough to play on Gameboy or DS.

I wouldn't say Pokemon is the be all and end all of games, but they are pretty much the only ones I play. I get bored with other games or I get frustrated or I just can't get into them. Zelda for example, I got stuck after a while and haven't played since...I used to play Sonic and Spyro quite a bit on handhelds, but now they bore me as they are all pretty much the same. I know Pokemon kind of are too, but I haven't tired of them yet.

i only own a DS for the pokemon games - nothing else gets played on it (except scrabble when me & the missus fancy a game)

i play the streetfighter series games on normal consoles (& PC emulators) but very rarely...

i was a "hardcore gamer" back in the 128k ZX Spectrum +2 days but now not so much

No, not at all. Well, I play only few other games with DS beside Pokémon. Pokémon Blue first introduced me to the world of video games and since then I've played a lot. Recently I've mainly played with my Xbox360, but I've spent a lot of time with my other consoles too. Anyway, I was once a Nintendo kid, but nowadays my taste of games is wider and everything from Animal Crossing to GTA sounds good to me.

I was already in highschool or college when Pokemon hit my radar, but I've been playing video games since I was... four? Atari 2600 FTMFW! Nowadays I've got Neverwinter Nights, World of Warcraft and a handful of other games [I'm about to pick up New Mario for the Wii], but I don't get all that much time to sit down and play a game. Pokemon fits my schedule nicely since it's portable.

EDIT: Newp, definitely college - Red & Blue debuted in America my freshman year, apparently.

No way! I have about.....two other DS games, and I play A LOT of video games on the computer. Only discovered po9kemon again after I got internet, which was last year believe it or not.

Pokemon is what I mostly play, but is by no means the only one. I don't own any home consoles or anything other than a DS and my computer, so I only play PC games and DS games, and this computer isn't designed for hardcore gaming, so...
What I mostly play on my computer are Touhou games, The Sims 3, and any decent visual novel I can get my hands on.

Other DS games I enjoy are Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (Devil's Survivor is the ultimate ragequit game), TWEWY, any racing game, Kingdom Hearts 358-2 days, Rune Factory, etc. Yeah, I love me some roleplaying games.

Let me preface this by saying I was never allowed to have any game system that hooked up to a TV. I always had Nintendo handhelds. Now, I don't even own a TV.

Pokemon is the only game series I play anything close to regularly. I'll do Sudoku on Brain Age, and occasionally goof off on Cooking Mama, and I was playing old Mario for a while until something went wrong with the buttons, but Pokemon is just what I play regularly.

I play mostly Nintendo games, but Pokemon is always the first priority. Pokemon comes first, and if it fails (which is REALLY unlikely), I will play a different game.

I do play Pokemon a lot, but I play Chrono Trigger/Cross and various Final Fantasy games with equal vigor. (I really only play RPGs; I'm no good at live action games, I'm afraid.)

Oh, and I play the Sims, but mostly I build elaborate houses with the infinite money cheat and then bulldoze them when the inhabitants get boring.

I must be the only one here then? I bought the ds lite only for soulsilver and I would in no way pick up any other game until gen V comes around. :rolleyes:

No. Pokémon is surely one of my favorite game series, but it's not the only one I play. I love Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Mario, The Sims and Super Smash Bros. as well.

It have been about 1 month since the last time I've played something non -Pokémon related. Namely, a The Beatles Rock Band marathon and 2 weeks of training for beating TTFATF in Guitar Hero 3, tought, I'm gonna break this combo tomorrow, since I'm buying Guitar Hero Smash Hits. :3

Basically the only game I play. I play all the Kingdom Hearts games and all the Zelda games... but that's basically it.

:)

Unless you want to include chess and go, of course. I play go more than Pokemon, and chess as much as it.

nope. Altough I do only play "nintendo" games (with the "" I mean that I play games as long as they're for the ds or wii, or for other nintendo handhelds/consoles emulators on the pc)
Me too except when I had a PS2 but my sister and cousin managed to destroy 2 of em

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom