• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Is Pokemon the only game you play?

shinysharpedo

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
Zelda FTW!! I honestly don't know what games I play more. Sometimes I play pokemon for a while and sometimes I play Zelda. I do like other nintendo things, but zelda and pokemon are my two favorite series. When the DSi comes out my brain will be split in half about whether I should get BW or orcarana of time 3D first.

ShadyWolf

R-Rated
Reaction score
Though I'm not a big fan of modern video games in general, and though Pokemon is one of my favorite (possibly my favorite) franchises, I can't say that it's the only franchise that I play. It is, however, one of the elite few that interest me.

manathief

I was Lawnmowergirl
Reaction score
You know, I've never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it....in a way, yes.

Well, Pokemon Blue was the first video game I ever owned, and I've mostly been playing...primarily Pokemon games ever since.

If you look at my stack of DS game boxes on top of my bookshelf, in order, from top to bottom...

Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Trozei
Lost in Blue 3
Guitar Hero On Tour
Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Nintendogs: Chihuahua & Friends
Pokemon Ranger
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
My Word Coach

...So, as you can see, a little under half of my DS games are Pokemon games. It may not sound like much, but it's actually a significant amount, considering the fact that I have almost as many Pokemon games as I do every other kind of game that I have, combined.

Also, as you may notice, most of the Pokemon games are on the top of the pile, meaning I play them the most often.

I think this may stem from several things:

1. Because I'm really into Pokemon. Self-explanatory, really.

2. Because I like the Pokemon games. Yes, I consider this a separate reason from #1, because there is a difference between enjoying a game and enjoying the pure concept of the world in which it is set.

3. Because they're just so easy to play. Now, I don't mean to say the Pokemon games are a cakewalk. By no means am I saying that. But, as someone with ADHD, I like being able to look away from my game for a couple of seconds to look at the TV, or my dog, or a drawing I'm working on, and look back at the game and nothing's exploded on me; my time hasn't run out; I haven't fallen off a cliff. It's still just waiting for me to choose which move my Roserade should use on the wild Rhydon we just ran into. And I can play it on the bus, battles are usually pretty quick and I don't have to scramble to find a save point before I have to go to class.

....Now if you'll excuse me, I have a battle to get back to.

...I think I'll use Mega Drain.

Zesty Cactus

Boring person
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
My favourite game series definitely is Pokemon, but I do play other games. I like Zelda (though I played more of it when I was younger), the Sonic games that don't suck, the original three Spyro games, and lately I've been discovering "proper" RPGs. Most of the time I'm only playing handhelds, though, cause I can sneak in game time at lunch or on the subway.

I tend to prefer Nintendo but I'm not an exclusivist: I own a Genesis and a PS2 too. :B

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
No, Pokemon isn't the game I only play. I'm a gamer who plays all kinds of games like Sly series (PS2), Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Halo (Xbox360). I play tons of PS2 games. No doubt Pokemon is one of my favorite games to play but I can't see myself only playing Pokemon.

Daena

...got MooMoo Milk? :)
Reaction score
For a long while now I've played nothing but Pokemon and Monster Hunter (Freedom2 and Unite).

This is partly because of not having a ton of free time for gaming, and because my gaming hours mostly happen on the train during my commute to/from work (so not a lot of time for Consoles that aren't Portable), and because those are my favourite games for the DS and the PSP.

Two different monster-interaction based experiences, infinite hours of entertainment. What more could you ask for? ;)

I switch back and forth between obsessively playing one or the other, until I wear myself out and it's time to switch games again. ^^

more than a torchic

Top Tier Adobe PhotoshoppingTM skills
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/They/He?
No, but my obsession with Pokémon bleeds into other games I play like Copic markers bleed through printer paper. My Tomodachi Life characters? Pokémon characters. Miitopia? Pokémon characters. Mario Kart? Maybe not, but Pikachu would be a cool addition to the game. So it bleeds into my playthroughs of Mii games, but maybe not everything.

pokemoll

( ˘▽˘)っ♨ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
No, most assuredly not, not even when I was little. It's definitely what facilitated my getting into videogames at large, but when I was little I was very into things like Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon, etc., and nowadays I'll play... pretty much anything, though I'm inclined towards (J)RPGs the most. Though out of what Nintendo has to offer, Pokemon is probably what I play the most.

Reaction score
Definitely not, even when it comes to Nintendo the game series I really love and play the most from the company is Fire Emblem, Pokemon would fall into second favorite series from them. Pokemon wasn't even the first game I played, that would be Final Fantasy IV albeit with my dad. Though the series is the first one I played by myself starting with Red version, and it did get me more into monster collecting games which got me into series like Digimon, MegaTen, Fossil Fighters, Spectrobes, etc.

Pyrax

We Go
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Far from it. Though it IS due to Pokemon that (J)RPGs are usually my genres of choice when looking for games to buy.