• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Rampardos too strong for NU?

Is Rampardos too strong for NU?

• No, keep it at NU

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Yes, make it UU

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Yes, make it BL

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Yes, make it OU

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, make it Uber

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • idk

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Lazyboy0337

Reaction score
I've recently using pokemon I like, but didn't use before (venamoth, Ludicolo, ect.), And I've been stuck on Rampardos. I know what sets to use, how to use it, and what to beware. However, after checking Smogon, many of Rampardos's counters are OU (with the except of the UU Donphan). Does this mean that in NU, Rampardos is the hidden king? Discuss

Last edited:
Could you make this a poll?

Rampardos's attack stat is amazing. However, it can be easily countered due to its relatively low defense, sp. defense and speed stats. For this reason, it deserves to be in NU.

The thing of this pokemon is more focused on.. Atk, than everything else...
His Def. stats aren't all that to brag about, *correct me if I'm wrong* and its speed isn't as well... So, not many will find it... useful...

Could you make this a poll?

Rampardos's attack stat is amazing. However, it can be easily countered due to its relatively low defense, sp. defense and speed stats. For this reason, it deserves to be in NU.

poll is made.

Also, don't forget that a hippotas (in UU) can set up infinant sandstorm, boosting rampardos's low spec def enough to rock polish, then sweep.

poll is made.

Also, don't forget that a hippotas (in UU) can set up infinant sandstorm, boosting rampardos's low spec def enough to rock polish, then sweep.

True, but I think Rampardos works better with a Choice Scarf and a +speed nature, like jolly. It can be also used in a trick room team.

As long as it's passed some speed and a Substitute then there's no reason why it can't significantly hurt things in UU.

I'm not sure it's quite consistently strong enough, but I do think it's better than it gets credit for.

Tiers aren't all about power though, a lot of it is how much the Pokemon is used too. So something would have to change to greatly increase it's current usage first.

Well NU and UU is the same shit guys, at least to me. "Never Used" is kind of a pretty stupid name for a tier seeing as a lot are used in UU. But never mind that. I used Rampardos in OU and Ubers and it was very difficult, but yes he's very effective in UU hence why he's there. Now he can sweep a lot of OU but that requires a Ninjask Baton Pass strategy, but with that strategy any Pokemon can sweep OUs. NFE Happiny sweeps OUs.

So keep him in UU, he does a fair job in there, OU is just too much unless you wanna keep using a Baton Pass team.

Bl, because of awesome attack, but bad everything else.

Rampardos, If moving up, should be BL. Even though so few pokemon are in BL, if Rampardos goes to it, others may follow with the new HG/SS move tutor moves, and the BL tier will eventually be teeming with life.

Tsk, there are some better pokémon up in NU. Medicham, Regigigas and Slaking for instance. I mean, Slaking just needs a skill swap in doubles and he's OU.

So I'm sort of new to the forums but not pokemon, I've beat every game since the original red came out. And I have no clue what this nu, uber, bl, uu stuff is. Can someone clarify? Thanks

So I'm sort of new to the forums but not pokemon, I've beat every game since the original red came out. And I have no clue what this nu, uber, bl, uu stuff is. Can someone clarify? Thanks

Those terms are used in competative battling for pokemon "rankings." NU is never used, UU is under used, and uber is super strong (usually used with legendaries). Though I'm not really sure what BL is.

Those terms are used in competative battling for pokemon "rankings." NU is never used, UU is under used, and uber is super strong (usually used with legendaries). Though I'm not really sure what BL is.

BL stands for Borderline. These are the Pokemon too strong for UU but not strong enough for OU. OU itself stands for Over Used and is considered to be the standard tier.

As for Rampardos, no, he's not too strong for NU, but that doesn't mean he's not a good Pokemon. It just means that it's harder to set up a good sweep with him than other Pokemon. Also, consider that the Grass type (which he's weak to) dominates UU and the Water types, Steel types and Fighting types (all of which he's weak to as well) are very common in OU. Considering his less than desirable speed and the fact that most of his opponents in the higher tiers will have a type advantage against him, I think he'd best stick to NU

I really don't know about this...

Rampardos has an insanely high Attack stat, but that low speed and poor defenses keep it in check; however that can be solved with Choice Scarf, Rock Polish, Trick Room or being Baton Passed some Speed.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom