• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Team Rocket getting a new motto?

PTOldMan

Reaction score
Hello!
This week we had that special that had a lot of previews, and during those previews we had at least two moments in which we could see a new motto animation for Team Rocket.

You can see the end of the motto here, during 0:34
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmqWVz813KA

And one dialogue by Jessie and James each here, from 0:18 and 0:21
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEAJUDHEEWI

It's pretty obvious we're getting a new motto animation. What I'd like to discuss is the fact that these new animation seems to be hinting at a new motto? Their poses at the end of the motto are "unusual" for the Kanto motto. They usually are calm and serene, and here we seem them doing that "power posing" that doesn't really fit with what they say at the end of the motto (that they are soaring through the galaxy and a white hole awaits them). Even though Meowth seems to be saying what he usually says.
And during those two dialogues by Jessie and James they don't seem to be saying any of the things they usually say (it seems "smaller"?), even if it is possible that they are just saying their names (though it seems "bigger" than that?).

I think you could be right about there being an altogether new motto (although I hope you aren't...) but I want to refute the point that they don't normally power pose at the end of the Kanto motto. This is from the back to basics episode DP 92 which is the last time I can remember them definitely doing the Kanto motto prior to XY (although I know they did it in BW but can't remember which parts to seek out a cap lol):
297225_3.jpg
Is that any less power-pose-y than the new scene from the first video? Other caps to prove this point could easily be provided, so I really don't think that that as an argument is valid.

The question about whether the lip flaps we have seen are adequate for the Kanto motto's lines is a good one. I don't think that what we have atm would be enough for any of the lines apart from their names for which I think it is too much. However, as I said in the other thread, there's every chance that we're missing a few seconds' footage.

The other mystery is as to why they're changing the animation or motto now. You'd have thought they would have done that in the first XYZ episode... If there is a plot point which requires a totally new motto then that would explain it.

Looking forward to a change at any rate! I definitely prefer what we've seen so far to the horrible animation we've put up with for over 2 years now (why is the imagery so over-contrasted?!?!?!?!?)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom