• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is there a specific reason a Pokemon's wiki page has relevant game data so far down the page?

Reaction score
Is there a specific reason that on a Pokemon's wiki page, things like anime, manga, and TCG appearances are organized above main series game data?

In addition, even in the Game Data section, is there a reason flavor things like Pokedex entries are listed first above relevant game information like base stats and move learnsets?

I feel like it would make much more sense for Game Data to be placed next under Biology, and things like Base Stats, Move Learnset, and ingame locations to be listed first, instead of any side-game information or purely flavor things like Pokedex entries. It's a little annoying especially on mobile to have to scroll past so much irrelevant information to find what level a Pokemon learns certain moves.

It would be a lot of work but could this be changed? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I do wish anything sourced from the games had higher priority, since the games are the primary part of the franchise from which everything else is based on, for the most part. I've always thought it's annoying to go through lists of anime and manga appearances first before getting to dex or moveset data, to the point that sometimes I just go to another website.

In pages like "Pikachu (Pokémon)", if we tried to organize sections by order of importance, looks like the game section should be at the top. Or perhaps, biology section first, then game section.

In pages for newer Pokémon such as "Milcery (Pokémon)", there is often not a lot of content yet, so they often seem OK to navigate. But for older ones like "Pikachu (Pokémon)" and "Charizard (Pokémon)", in my opinion it may be a nuisance to find the games section when there is so much anime and manga info at the top.

Maybe we can consider creating anime pages for the Pokémon species.

Bulbasaur (anime) = a page with information about all instances of Bulbasaur in the anime.
Seel (anime)
Pikachu (anime)
Magnemite (anime)
Hoothoot (anime)
etc.

This is a bit like having those TCG pages:
Seel (TCG)
Pikachu (TCG)
Magnemite (TCG)
Hoothoot (TCG)
etc.

German PokéWiki seems to do this:

Although to be fair, we already have a few pages for recurring individual Pokémon with the (anime) qualifier:
Jigglypuff (anime)
Bewear (anime)
Florges (anime)
Reshiram (anime)

In pages like "Pikachu (Pokémon)", if we tried to organize sections by order of importance, looks like the game section should be at the top. Or perhaps, biology section first, then game section.

In pages for newer Pokémon such as "Milcery (Pokémon)", there is often not a lot of content yet, so they often seem OK to navigate. But for older ones like "Pikachu (Pokémon)" and "Charizard (Pokémon)", in my opinion it may be a nuisance to find the games section when there is so much anime and manga info at the top.

Maybe we can consider creating anime pages for the Pokémon species.

Bulbasaur (anime) = a page with information about all instances of Bulbasaur in the anime.
Seel (anime)
Pikachu (anime)
Magnemite (anime)
Hoothoot (anime)
etc.

This is a bit like having those TCG pages:
Seel (TCG)
Pikachu (TCG)
Magnemite (TCG)
Hoothoot (TCG)
etc.

German PokéWiki seems to do this:

Although to be fair, we already have a few pages for recurring individual Pokémon with the (anime) qualifier:
Jigglypuff (anime)
Bewear (anime)
Florges (anime)
Reshiram (anime)
Yeah (anime) is used to denote recurring pokemon characters in the series, so that wouldn't work.

I think it really would just be simpler to swap the sections around so everything can still be found in the same spot. Pokemon stats seems like it should really follow biology as it has just as much to do with the species itself, so...

Biology
Game Data (and I'd like to see this section splintered for mobile's sake, personally)
TCG
Other Games
Anime Appearances (since it focuses more on individual members of the species)
Other Appearances
Trivia

I really like that proposed format, I also have always thought it’d be cool to have a gallery section with all the relevant artwork and images for that species. It would make the older/alternative/spinoff artworks for every Pokémon more accessible if nothing else

I really like that proposed format, I also have always thought it’d be cool to have a gallery section with all the relevant artwork and images for that species. It would make the older/alternative/spinoff artworks for every Pokémon more accessible if nothing else
Oh you can access all images for a species via a link under their artwork at the top.

Yeah, I feel base stats should be included in the infobox, it'd be useful to be able to quickly check a Pokémon's speed tier or whether it is stronger physically or specially without having to scroll down through a ton of crap

As a random frequent user of the site:
This is an extremely good idea, I regularly open bulbapedia while playing the games, and having to scroll for 5-10 seconds every time I want to check stats, is the worst.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom