• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

is this a good fic idea??????

well is it??

• excellent

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • good

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • bad

• horrible

• Total voters

moosie

tired as sin
Reaction score
The thought for this came to me on the bus: what would happen if a kid had the ability to travel between our world and the pokemon world (even though I call it traveling dimensions) and one time he brought his cat with him and he was forced to go on an adventure by a Prof to study his cat

Well, what do you think (and if anyone cares, I'm still writing taking flight

The thought for this came to me on the bus: what would happen if a kid had the ability to travel between our world and the pokemon world (even though I call it traveling dimensions) and one time he brought his cat with him and he was forced to go on an adventure by a Prof to study his cat

What if the Professor is the antagonist of the story, and wants to take the cat? Also, for a little humor, maybe the cat has fleas? Since they are interdimensional parasites, the fleas cause all Pokemon they infect a horrible death, making it a superweapon, and the evil team of that reigon wants it! PURE GENIOUS!

Now that's just twisted and wrong in so many ways Noob! Anyway, I would never have a animal/pokemon die in any story of mine (Taking flight will be an exception though)

Now that's just twisted and wrong in so many ways Noob! Anyway, I would never have a animal/pokemon die in any story of mine (Taking flight will be an exception though)

Well, you could just make them into zombie-virus fleas (which, of course, have no effect on the cat, or humans, just Pokemon), and name the fic 'Pokemon: Zombie Cat-astrophe'! :XD:

Hmmm... almost any story can be good in my opinion, all depending on how the writer writes it.

But yeah, this story sounds interesting.

Noob, I already explained to you that I don't want to write anything that kills pokemon, humans, and animals, now get it in your head!

Noob-kun, be nice :-|

Unrelated to the above line, I still don't understand this fic idea very much, Godo-kun. I mean, is it like the professor the character finds thinks the normal cat is a new type of Pokemon or what? :confused:

I agree with Noob. C'mon with such an avatar featuring one of the greatest TV characters of all time, you gotta listen to him!

The prof just thinks it's a new specie and wanted him to train the cat on a way to prof oak's lab (at least 3 regions away, but I still need to decide which one)

The prof just thinks it's a new specie and wanted him to train the cat on a way to prof oak's lab (at least 3 regions away, but I still need to decide which one)
Goodness, poor cat! :eh:

And, well, the only regions I know that are interconnected are Kanto and Johto. Both Hoenn and Sinnoh seem to be reachable only by sea. Not to mention Isshu seems to be a several-hours-long plane flight away...

But what Noob said is true: Orre seems interesting. Personally, I've never seen a work set there (not even the original one *fail*), so it might be nice if you knew enough about it and stuff :)

that's actually a good idea the prof can be the crazy old guy at the small stormy house and the region would be greener and isshu would be north and east word until he reaches kanto and he won't be able to go back for some reason

that's actually a good idea the prof can be the crazy old guy at the small stormy house and the region would be greener and isshu would be north and east word until he reaches kanto and he won't be able to go back for some reason

Isshu is a very long way away from Kanto. To say the least.

Unless your characters can somehow cross the Pacific Ocean, I'd say don't set it near Isshu.

Goodness, poor cat! :eh:

And, well, the only regions I know that are interconnected are Kanto and Johto. Both Hoenn and Sinnoh seem to be reachable only by sea. Not to mention Isshu seems to be a several-hours-long plane flight away...
Like I said in the post above, isshu is connected to orre from the north, and he barely uses the cat for battles (as he cares for it) and he catches a few pokemon along the way and gets a evee from prof. krane. Anyway, he could take a boat between isshu and a unnamed region with a few home brewed pokemon of my own and my friends to make even more unique ( the region would be europe flipped upside down)

Isshu is a very long way away from Kanto. To say the least.
Unless your characters can somehow cross the Pacific Ocean, I'd say don't set it near Isshu.
This is also explaIned with this post

I think it could work as a one-shot, but it doesn't seem like the best pitch for a trainer fic, because honestly... well, past the exposition, there's nothing to differentiate it from any other fic. Unless you're traveling through a region of your own creation or something.

That's what I'm saying, after orre and isshu, a creation region that would fill the gap between the ocean and does that qualify for a series????

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom