• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is This Picture An Actual Screen Grab From The Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackButterfree

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer
Reaction score
Ash_Pokemon_with_Oak.png

Because if it is, I think it just confirmed that Primeape was returned to Ash off-screen at some point. It's behind Bayleef and Charizard is also there, which means it's during the Unova saga. Also, Squirtle is there, and isn't he supposed to be with the Squirtle Squad in Route 24? Or is he finally back at Oak's lab with the rest of Ash's Pokémon?

The art style is identical to that of the anime, but it could just be an amazing fan image. Can someone clarify what this means?

BTW: I found it on Google Images. I was looking for cute fan art of Ash with his original six Pokémon (and FYI, there isn't any...)

It's from the last Opening of BW.

Oh, that sucks. Openings and endings are hardly canon... :'( I had hope that they'd returned...

Oh, well. I was wondering why Ash's Unova Pokémon weren't there. :p

Thanks, though.

In terms of trying to determine his 'on hand' Pokemon, there was this at the end of BW:
dfGnUNC.jpg

About the only thing confirmed out of it was that Gliscor didn't go back to training after returning for the league - Primeape and Squirtle remain absent.

In terms of trying to determine his 'on hand' Pokemon, there was this at the end of BW:
dfGnUNC.jpg

About the only thing confirmed out of it was that Gliscor didn't go back to training after returning for the league - Primeape and Squirtle remain absent.

I know lol I have that pic as my desktop. I just thought I'd missed something when I saw that image with Primeape and Squirtle. But considering they were included in that very recent opening, that means the animators still remember they exist and they could very well come back in the future. Which is cool.

It's a panned screencap from the BW opening. and those are 100 percent never canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom