• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is this really the end of the Meowth arc? {Spoilers}

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Any things possible this series

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
Well, It's probably the end of Meowth arc
But unova Team Rocket Arc still going,
Chance's are Ash & co might Capture by Team Rocket & Meowth realise Giovani does not care about him & what he doing is wrong
So he help Ash & co get out & also convince Jessie & James to help stop Giovani
After that Jessie , James & Meowth goes their separate path ,Chasing their own Dream
Meowth Decide to help prof ock or Decide to travel with Ash as a guide
This might happen as well, So I think we can keep our eye on him

I hope not, since I think that there was a really nice thing building between Dent and Nyasu, and it brought out personality both out of Pika and Nyasu. To me, I hope that Nyasu returns to the twerps down the line and Dent captures it, but... sigh... that probably won't happen.

I seriously can't understand the overreaction about Dent and Nyasu's relationship. Except the first episode, there is not much of interaction between them.

I would like to see Meowth return to his pokemon roots instead of trying to be something he's not and start acting like a pokemon. That doesn't mean he shouldn't stop talking or walking on two legs. But he should at least try and learn Pay Day. Just because he can talk doesn't mean he can't learn Pay Day or any of his other potential attacks.

Uh, yes it is, considering it's canon that he can't learn it because of the fact that he can talk...

As much as I clicked "Yes", I'm thinking it over- and it could be possible he'll return. As others said, he did show signs of remorse, and seeing him with the gang was actually quite pleasant, in my view, and I think a lot of people enjoyed it too- so the writers may do it again. Still, not any time soon, yet.

Uh, yes it is, considering it's canon that he can't learn it because of the fact that he can talk...

How? He is still communicating like any other pokemon. Other Meowths can learn Pay Day just fine so why can't this one? Just because he has a different way of talking doesn't mean he can't use any new attacks. Meowth is still a pokemon at the end of the day.

I seriously can't understand the overreaction about Dent and Nyasu's relationship. Except the first episode, there is not much of interaction between them.

While it's true that most of their interactions came into that initial episode, throughout the arc Dent was the one human character with whom Nyasu had the most chemistry, had more back and forth with. Dent is also the one character who straight off the bat wanted to take care of Nyasu, was ready to believe him, something that was picked up again in the initial scene of the Choroneko episode in which Dent was the least antagonistic character to Nyasu, the one who seemed most to consider him a friend. In the two subsequent episode, Dent's the one who cares the most about Nyasu's well being and seems more concerned about Nyasu himself. Finally, in the two-parter this week, there was some hilarious moments between the two pre-betrayal, but also afterwards, Iris was just glad she hadn't caught Nyasu and Satoshi was saying he had fun with Nyasu traveling to Raimon City, but Dent stayed very silent throughout the ordeal, and I kinda hope that means he took it harder than the other two, something that could be touched upon later on.

The two just work well together, and I hope we get to see more of them as a duo/team in the future. :)

But...In these three episodes, there is almost zero interaction between them.

In the Cat, Alien and Bear episodes, there aren't a whole lot of interactions between Nyasu and anybody except the pokémon on the main cast, but out of the three humans, Dent is the one Nyasu interacts the most with and who shows more concern for Nyasu. He's also the one who has the most chemistry with Nyasu. And in the first parter of the subway episodes, there's some nice moments between the two of them. He's definitely the one human whom Nyasu felt closest to during the arc itself.

Satoshi is the only one who cares and interacts with him in the last episode.

I agree that on the second part of the two-parter, after the initial shock of the betrayal, Satoshi is really the only one human to really directly interact with Nyasu, but I wouldn't necessarily say he cares about the betrayal, that he was affected by it on a level that say Pikachu was. He was just grateful for the fun he had traveling with Nyasu to Raimon City. But that's the thing. While we saw Satoshi say something nice to Nyasu, while we saw Iris not giving a crap, we didn't see Dent react to it at all, so I'm interested to see what'll happen the next time the twerps meet TR for that interaction. I want Dent to get mad, to be bitter, to be angry, to be the one who takes the betrayal the hardest. I want that interaction to be developed and picked up again.

I had to choose the 3rd option, Most likely this will be forgotten and TR will go on.

But BW has brought me a few surprises, and Meowth works quite well with the group and their Pokemon. If he did try and return to Ash & Co, it'd be great if it lasted a whole episode, with him trying his hardest to convince them he's gone good and wish to go with them, maybe even allowing Pikachu to shock him a good few times.

What I'm also wondering is what will happen to James and Jessie if Meowth went good.

Last edited:
How? He is still communicating like any other pokemon. Other Meowths can learn Pay Day just fine so why can't this one? Just because he has a different way of talking doesn't mean he can't use any new attacks. Meowth is still a pokemon at the end of the day.
I always assumed that was done as a convenient way of not having to deal with money all that much in the anime. Besides the occasional mention of paying for things and some early episodes showing money, you don't see it dealt with, just somehow every character has money when they need to buy things or conveniently not having any when the plot dictated it.

Also, it'd have ruined a bunch of episodes if TR could just spam pay day until they had enough money to eat lunch or something.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom