• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is this the end of pokemon? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was talking to some of my friends on saturday about the single most important thing I can think of. Pokemon. We were all worried that this would be the end. They probably won't be able to think up anymore pokemon. They've gone through over 600 now. I've heard that people think they'll keep going until they make a sinnoh remake. Tell me what you guys think.

Not a chance.

Pokémon still = mega bucks even if its popularity isn't as ridiculously overpowered as it was during its peak years.

That's true. They could always have side game type things.

Pokemon is the second best selling franchise of Nintendo company, they won't simply let Pokemon die, don't worry end of Pokemon isn't anywhere close.

Pokemon will only end once Satoshi Taijiri and the rest of the original team die.

Considering that the kids from the 90s are becoming adults and probably also starting to become parents, I'd say Pokemon is far from over.

Remember that the main thing keeping us from Pokemon were our parents, who believed Pokemon to be the Devil's work? Yeah, not so for the new generation of kids, whose parents already played the games and found them inoffensive and the like.

It's also a tool for bonding with the kids, if you think about it. Like, sharing anecdotes of that one time X thing happened, or this other time Y was captured, etc. How could you simply give that chance up? Any way that nears a parent to the kids is welcome, really.

...this is what I consider is the main factor that will affect the success of the Pokemon franchise in the future. They can keep hiring new people to come up with new Pokemon. They can rethink the anime, the games, the manga. But, in the end, it's the fans (the consumers, if you will) the ones who will dictate when Pokemon ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom