• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Will, of the Elite Four, gay?

Is Will Gay?
- well let's see.
- maybe he just has good fashion sense?
- liking purple makes you gay?
- having female Pokémon makes you gay?
- he can kick ass in the E4?
- if Will is gay, that makes everyone else in the Pokémon world gay.
- if he was to be 'gay' who would you ship him with?

In Comparison To Wallace?
- HAVE YOU SEEN DOME ACE TUCKER?!
- Wallace is confirmed straight in Pokémon Special/Adventures.
- Good fashion sense?
- Champion of E4?

Will may not be gay, but he's the worst elite four member ever. I wore an avatar of him once though...

I think if anyone's gay in the Pokemon series, it's Juan.

But keeping in mind that little kiddies play this game, although Will does seem sterotypically gay, I really don't think anyone in the Pokemon series is.

On an even more distracting note, I believe they made Will this way so that you wouldn't be as creeped out by Karen.

Uses feminine looking pokemon, and all with genders are female. He has a very camp pose, is this a hint?
Well, he does train those weird psychic pokemon, and it's not like those are very masculine. I mean, look at Gardevoir.
Maybe being surrounded by female pokemon turns him on-- wait, that would be even weirder

Last edited:
Well, he does train those weird psychic pokemon, and it's not like those are very masculine. I mean, look at Gardevoir.
Maybe being surrounded by female pokemon turns him on-- wait, that would be even weirder

Please dont give me Quagmire-like visions!

And also Knuckles Will is a boy, lol dont make the Bugsy mistake

Will is a magician. Magicians are flamboyant and being flamboyant is not the same as being gay.

IMO if he had all male pokemon, that would be more gay than having girls surrounding him, dont you think?

You know, guys like Will in Japan aren't directly called or thought as gay.
It's only from the Westerners.
And gay btw is such a broad and vague term, thanks to the Americans.

Fanart begs to differ. But then fanart covers just about everything.

Yup, but fanarts also ship pairings that would not work due to the character's personalities. And they also draw inter-region pairings, and stuff like Flint having the handypandy with two Gardevoir's at once, or Shauntal being a futanari Mobian. These are not canon, and some of these pairings are impropable or even impossible, like most Sir Aaron x present day trainers, or even the Colosseum\XD characters with the RBGY ones. (RBGY is set in 1995, GSC is set in 1998, RSE is set in 2001, DPPt is set in 2004, BW1 is set in 2007, BW2 is set in 2009, XYZ is set in 2012, the possible 7th gen is set in 2015, Colosseum is set in 2022, and XD is set in 2027. Having characters from XD meeting character from RBGY and Red being 11 while Michael is 10 is impossible, because Michael was born in 2017, and Red was born in 1984 and is old enough to be Michael's father.)

Grimsley uses mostly females (I think all of them were female), but nobody calls him gay.

Will is just a showy magician - magicians are supposed to be showy and flashy, not ordinary.

Does it really matter? I couldn't care less personally.

Men can be flamboyant if they want, but if he is gay, who cares? Some people are straight, others gay, others into both. Love isn't something that shouldn't be limited by something as silly as gender.

This thread is a bit ridiculous. No offense to OP, and I know your intentions weren't negative, but every character has a personality, their own quirks. What qualifies as "gay" or not can't be labeled just by that.
He's a magician-an anime magician- of course he will be charismatic and dramatic. Of course he'll be dressed flashy.
I'm not saying he can't be gay. If he is, that's great. If he's not, that's great too. I couldn't really care less, I like him regardless.
Buuut
fanart isn't canon. Unless there's official confirmation we really can't say or judge. Doing it based on stereotypes seems silly to me.
Reading through some of these comments, I'm pretty disappointed in what some people had to say.

Beware, I'm about to share some wicked secrets up in this thread.

The only way to know if anyone is gay, be it a fictional character or a real human, is if they say that they are. Until then: Who cares?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom