• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Itemfinder renamed Dowsing MCHN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazaking

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
On the official Pokémon site, the Itemfinder in the PokéWalker is referred to as the Dowsing Machine. Could this possible mean that the Itemfinder in HGSS will be dubbed as the Dowsing Machine?

Post your thoughts.

Last edited:
Re: Itemfinder to be renamed Dowsing Machine?

Doubt it, since there's no Poketech for a Dowsing Machine app. I think it'll be called that just for the Pokewalker.

But the new Itemfinder is very similar to the Dowsing Machine.

How is this new item-finder different?

Isnt it called the dowsing machine in the Japanese versions? I bet that they will offically call it the itemfinder once the english versions are released.

"Dowsing Machine" is 15 letters long. It's too long to be an item name.

EoT.

Idk I just thought that's what it was called, :p. Does anyone actually know?

In Japanese version it's okay (don't forget that Japanese use different "alphabet"). And it's indeed called "Dowsing Machine" there.

I meant English version. In English version the name "Dowsing Machine" would be too long.

I get ya, maybe they will just call it something different from both itemfinder and dowsing machine?

I get ya, maybe they will just call it something different from both itemfinder and dowsing machine?

But why would they rename it? They've no reason.

They even refused renamed "SecretPotion" despite the fact that it was revealed NOT to be a Potion (via item picture).

The only time when they renamed an item is Exp. All to Exp. Share (because of the different usage but in Japanese version it's the same thing).

Renaming the item just because they named a Poketch App differently would be a nonsense.

I'm pretty sure that the name "Itemfinder" will stay.

Maybe not, but at the same time, I guess I wouldn't be surprised...

I doubt they'd change the name of the Itemfinder, personally. There's no real reason for them to change the name from what it was in GSC, and as mentioned the problem with item name character limits comes in with Dowsing Machine. I think it's more likely the site is wrong, really (apparently when a Nintendo info site mentioned the PokeWalker they also got a fact about it incorrect or so I heard, so it's far from impossible if so).

And though everyone doubted it, the Itemfinder has indeed been renamed the Dowsing MCHN. Though I'm not saying I'm that happy about it myself.

Dowsing MCHN? I have the sudden feeling that item-finding will be "SRS BSNS"

y on earth would they rename the itemfinder to dowsing MCHN i mean thats just a stupid name. plus itemfinder describes wat the item does... i dont no wat the heck dowsing is supposed to mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom