• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review It'll Be Fine!

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
It'll be fine!」MV ~テレビアニメ「ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド・パール」エンディングテーマ スペシャルメドレー~.mp4_snapshot_03.11_[2022.0...png

Description:
ポッチャマにフィーチャーしたスペシャルアニメーションMV「It'll be fine!」が公開!
アニメ「ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド・パール」のエンディングテーマを繋いだ、スペシャルメドレーだよ。
Translation:
A special animation MV "It'll be fine!" Featuring Piplup has been released! It's a special medley that connects the ending theme of the anime "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl".

A lovely trip down memory lane featuring some of the better ending song offerings that the Diamond and Pearl series had as well as just a cute video in general. I hope they make more like it for the other series.

What can I say, I loved every second of it. I actually got misty eyed from the rush of DP nostalgia this gave me. Beautifully animated beautifuly sung, just an amazing tribute to Piplup and best girl. Hope this gets put on a CD because I will buy it

That was a really cute music video. Seeing all of the nods to DP was really cool, especially when I'm in the middle of rewatching it. Even with my issues of Dawn's team staying the same in mind, it was still nice to see them together in this video. Considering that Dawn is my favorite female lead, it still makes me happy that she's getting so much attention, especially when they didn't have to make something like this to capitalize on her Piplup's popularity. The song was nice and the video was just so charming too.

Soz I already posted this in the general discussion thread but…

Holy fudge that is amazing and so so nostalgic in the way that they medley’d 4 of the songs most associated with the two of them* :cry::bulbaLove: Who is the singer do we know? Sounds a bit like Megumi Toyoguchi but surely not?…

*Although it is so weird Pochama doing Musashi’s bit during the ‘mahou no jumon’ line of Kaze no Message lol.

My only complaint is, am I the only person to find Pochama’s new eyes really uncanny? :confused: I don’t know why they insisted on changing them…
Probably to finally make its anime depiction in line with its original Sugimori art and 3D models. It was a bit unnerving for me too at first, but I'm gradually getting used to them. It does make him standout more from Buneary, Pachirisu, and Togekiss' similar eye design though, which is quite nice.

Speaking of Dawn's party, I know we give her flack for its stagnation, but wow - how many other Pokémon anime protagonist can say their party has their own music video? I thought the entire thing was incredibly sweet, from the vivid animation to the nostalgic DP endings coupled with notable scenes from the DP saga; seeing Togekiss get the second most focus in the video was also appreciated, given how late it came during its time with the party. As a Piplup lover and Dawn fan, this was a delight; now all they have to do is give us an actual animated Contest, with a full Contest Battle and I'll be content. An unexpected piece of media, but entirely welcome all the same.

Probably to finally make its anime depiction in line with its original Sugimori art and 3D models. It was a bit unnerving for me too at first, but I'm gradually getting used to them. It does make him standout more from Buneary, Pachirisu, and Togekiss' similar eye design though, which is quite nice.

I think I've finally figured out what I don't like about them - they just don't appear to be as expressive. But then I wonder if that's just because Pochama hasn't been given so much of a chance to express since the change was brought about...

Poor Ambipom has been retconned to oblivion. I really wonder what the behind the scenes story is about the writers hating that pokemon so much. I've never seen the anime staff try so hard to bury a pokemon owned by a female companion like that so hard. And since it also used to be owned by Ash and used in Gyms for him, it's so strange to see a pokemon connecting the two of them ignored forever.

Like they'll never acknowledge it alongside Dawn's team ever again as if it never existed.

Poor Ambipom has been retconned to oblivion. I really wonder what the behind the scenes story is about the writers hating that pokemon so much. I've never seen the anime staff try so hard to bury a pokemon owned by a female companion like that so hard. And since it also used to be owned by Ash and used in Gyms for him, it's so strange to see a pokemon connecting the two of them ignored forever.

Like they'll never acknowledge it alongside Dawn's team ever again as if it never existed.
To be fair, they were focused on Dawn's current team in this video, so I don't think it's a matter of the people involved hating Ambipom or trying to bury it. They wouldn't have focused on Buizel either since that was originally Dawn's Pokemon before the trade.

That being said, it's still disappointing that Ash remembered Aipom when he thought back on his Gym battles before the Sinnoh League while Dawn didn't do the same for Ambipom right before the Grand Festival. Amipbom was treated poorly and its release is still so upsetting after all these years, but I wouldn't really use this video as further evidence of its poor treatment either.

I mean even in that BW ending from 2013, they showed Togetic with Misty even though it was released, where they at least acknowledge it was one of her pokemon.

I mean even in that BW ending from 2013, they showed Togetic with Misty even though it was released, where they at least acknowledge it was one of her pokemon.
I think that example would make more sense if they had shown Buizel in the video too, but they didn't. It was focused more on Dawn's current team, so it wouldn't have featured Ambipom. I agree that Ambipom was treated poorly, but I don't really see a reason to bring it up in relation to this video.

I wonder if we should accept this as Pochama's backstory: a late bloomer pokémon who "left behind" while his peers evolve and move forward in life. It would also nicely tie into Hikari's own worries about her inadequacy as a trainer and coordinator.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom