• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia It's All About ME 2 Mafia: Endgame: Resourceful Plans - 8/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta work on your communication skills, even if your scumhunting and intuition are on point every time you play :)

I do have communication skills and there was only 8 hours left till Day 1 ends and 8 hours is not enough for players to see my post because by the time the players see my post, then Day 1 would already have ended.

I do have communication skills and there was only 8 hours left till Day 1 ends and 8 hours is not enough for players to see my post because by the time the players see my post, then Day 1 would already have ended.

You are only as good as your words and tour longevity with reference to your lifespan. If you don’t closely read the rules, or do things to get yourself killed before you can revea your key information, then you are dead weight in town’s hands. Excuses of town being inactive means nothing if you yourself cannot communicate when you are alive

Gotta remind everyone why I'm still the best, Elie. After all, Awards are coming up, and I've got my titles to defend. :p

The best “host” you mean. I’m still the #Best player. I’ll hold our 2016 TWR accomplishments no matter how dated they become!

To add to what i said earlier, your job as town is to communicate your reads all the time. If you are trying to set in plans and intentionally withhold information (like your catch on DarthWolf), then if you die before you can share it, and you are the only one who knows what you claim to know de facto, then you have left no pieces to be picked up by the rest of town. It makes you a pro-Mafia player, if you do not play as if a DayVig could gun you down at a moment’s notice.

Believe me, as scum, I LIKE being caught. It means that I have made mistakes that I couldn’t talk my way out of, and helps me improve. Your justification here only points to your confidence but not your skills, as your gameplay didn’t speak for itself. As Fortnite dances say, “Take the L”, but also concede to knowing how to improve your game for the future, to us, so that we as your fellow players can trust that you are here to try your best and also see that your best is improving and adapting, versus you just mouthing off at the end of game after game with little more than a bloated ego to show for it. If this is how you carry yourself after a loss, it doesn’t instill reasons for us to be confident that you will keep playing here with a sense or pride, dignity, ambition and humility

The best “host” you mean. I’m still the #Best player. I’ll hold our 2016 TWR accomplishments no matter how dated they become!

To add to what i said earlier, your job as town is to communicate your reads all the time. If you are trying to set in plans and intentionally withhold information (like your catch on DarthWolf), then if you die before you can share it, and you are the only one who knows what you claim to know de facto, then you have left no pieces to be picked up by the rest of town. It makes you a pro-Mafia player, if you do not play as if a DayVig could gun you down at a moment’s notice.

Believe me, as scum, I LIKE being caught. It means that I have made mistakes that I couldn’t talk my way out of, and helps me improve. Your justification here only points to your confidence but not your skills, as your gameplay didn’t speak for itself. As Fortnite dances say, “Take the L”, but also concede to knowing how to improve your game for the future, to us, so that we as your fellow players can trust that you are here to try your best and also see that your best is improving and adapting, versus you just mouthing off at the end of game after game with little more than a bloated ego to show for it. If this is how you carry yourself after a loss, it doesn’t instill reasons for us to be confident that you will keep playing here with a sense or pride, dignity, ambition and humility

Darthwolf made a scumslip after I got modkilled and I was not allowed to say anything when I got modkilled.

Can you share it so he can learn from his mistake?

Sure, I'll share. Give me about 10 minutes till I find his post and for me to explain about it.

I did not feel pressure voted, I'm just saying how suspicious Elieson looked. Now that I have already role claimed, I have 2 votes on me.

This post was before DarthWolf's post. I said I did not feel pressure voted and I said how suspicious Elieson looked.

Uhm... well, you should have asked ME for anything you weren't sure about or ask all the players before posting.

Now that Jinjo is technically out of the game, most votes seem to be gone or still a joke vote.
@Thanos @Pikochu I don't think you've posted yet in D1.

MP's vote on Jinjo seemed genuine to me. Personally, Jinjo turned defencive real fast some pressure. There was no need for an immediate role claim yet imo. So it did look like it was too much pressure as scum. I was about to make the vote as well, but...

Elieson and MP have taken the most initiative in hunting so town points there. Elementar made a nice post commenting on Jinjo which is also worth mentioning, but doesn't feel too alignment indicative.
The others are mostly making small comments and joke votes.

I bolded the words on the quote post on how he made the scumslip.

1. The first bold I made was when he said, "uhm... well". That first bold part is the voice of a Mafia I have seen played by other Mafia players who say this.

2. The second bold part was when I said in my earlier post I did not feel pressure voted and on the second bold DarthWolf said I was being pressure voted and I said earlier I didn't feel pressure voted and that looked like a scumslip to me. Also, normally it is Town who get the pressure vote and the Mafia will just follow other players with the vote and the last sentence DarthWolf said on the second bold goes to show he was going to follow other players on the vote which made him look like Mafia to me.

Epilogue: Timey Wimey Bullshit

Epilogue: Timey Wimey Bullshit

August 4th, 2016:

The makeshift TARDIS crash landed in a field near the Random Messages thread. Random Punster stepped out and saw a sign.
Random Messages 13
"13?" he said, thoughtfully, "I must have gone back too far...we were on Random Message 14 last I remember."
He went back into the time machine, and attempted to start it up again. It sputtered uselessly.
"Damn!" he shouted, pounding his fist onto a smoking console, "damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!"
He straightened up and took a deep breath.
"It's okay," he said, breathing heavily, "I can fix this. I've still got the technology I stole from the future."
He paused for a moment.
"But first, he said, "I really need to use the restroom."
He stepped out of the TARDIS once again, and looked around. There was a nearby building marked "Kindergarten."
He walked in and found the nearest bathroom. Upon walking out, he bumped into someone in the hallway.
"Daddy?" said the person, picking himself up off the floor.
Punster looked down and saw one of the student staring up at him with wide eyes and a bright smile.
"What are you doing here, daddy?" asked the kindergartner.
Punster looked closely at the kid and nearly gasped. The deactivated robot in the storage room! He then remembered the reason that Random Messages 13 had been closed, and smiled evilly.
"Daddy?" repeated Richard Maybourne.
"My apologies, son," said Punster, "I was deep in thought. I have urgent business to take care of with your principal. I'll pick you up later on my way out."
"Yay!" said RM, smiling happily, "I love you, daddy!"
"And I love you, too, son," said Punster, ruffling RM's hair to discretely cover the fact that he was hiding a nano reprogrammer in his Regeneration's son's circuitry.
Richard Maybourne returned to class excitedly, and Punster left the building, chuckling to himself.
August 4th, 2016: I've been sitting on my school's steps waiting for daddy for a long time. According to my internal chronometer it's been six hours and twenty three minutes. Given that this chronometer was a gift from TheCapsFan, I can be sure that it is accurate. I wonder what is keeping my father? He's never been this late before.
Maybe he's forgotten about me. Maybe he doesn't want me around anymore. After all, I had a new classmate claiming to be a creation of my father's today. Am I being replaced? Does daddy not want me anymore?
I'll show him! I'll run away. I'll run away and never go home again!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 8th, 3016:

Digulon approached the Bulbagarden Central Command Center, the hub of all Bulbagarden projects and communities. A feeling of trepidation crept over him, as the massive structure loomed in front of him.
For security reasons, transportation to and from the Command Center was restricted to only a few people, so he had to take a vehicle to get there. He had had a crew from the Bulbagarden Engineering Community resurrect one of the old Bulbagarden shuttles out of mothballs.
An audio transmission came from the Center.
"Community shuttle, this is the Command Center. Please power down your engines and prepare for external override."
Locked into the Center's docking procedure, Digulon again pulled out the official summons he had received. It was on real paper, a rarity these days, and had been sealed with the Bulbagarden logo.
Digulon,

You have been summoned to the Bulbagarden Command Center. Upon arrival, please report to the Chiefs of Staff.

Short, but to the point.
The shuttle docked at the Command Center, and Digulon boarded the massive station. Going over to reception, he asked the attendant where he might find the Chiefs of Staff. He was directed to the third floor.
Digulon walked through the office area, noticing offices for some of the Project Leaders and their Deputies. Most of them were in their respective offices, having heated conversations with their staff members over the communication waves. The remaining offices, Digulon reasoned, were on the second floor. Taking the elevator up to the third floor, Digulon was greeted by the two Chiefs of Staff Evula and Kogoron.
"We've been expecting you," said Evular.
"The Webmaster himself would like to have a word with you about the recent shenanigan in the Communities," added Kogoron.
"T-t-the Webmaster wants to s-s-see me?" stuttered Digulon, suddenly even more nervous than he already had been.
"Yes," said Evular, waving her hand dismissively, "he sent us the communique just after that illegal time machine departed from the Fantasy and Gossip Community."
"What does he want?" wondered the Community Executive.
Kogoron shrugged.
"Probably to fire you," said Evular, "it's been a while since we've needed to fire someone, so he's probably just antsy to do it himself."
The duo guided the Scotsman, whose legs seemed to have turned to lead, over to a golden elevator. There was no call button, just a buzzer.
Kogoron hit the button.
"Digulon is here," she said, simply.
The elevator doors opened ominously.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 4th, 2016:

"Blast!" shouted Random Punster, as he dropped the tool once again. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember how to work the technology he had stolen. Unfortunately, Matrix Encoder was one of his more suppressed personalities.

He sighed. It mattered not. He was here, back in his own time where he belonged. A little early, but that would give him a chance to relearn everything he needed to know about the technology he had taken.
He ditched the broken TARDIS in a relatively vacant thread called "Role of the Week," and set off to find a new lair for himself.
"Your reckoning will come one day, ME," he vowed, "this I promise you."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 8th, 3016:

Digulon rode up the elevator in silence. The floors whizzed by as he approached the very top floor, lair of Bulbagarden's mysterious Webmaster. Rumor had it that not even the Chiefs of Staff had seen the Webmaster; they merely received orders from the top floor. Of course, given that he was probably in enough trouble already, Digulon hadn't bothered to ask them. The doors dinged open, and Digulon stepped out into a long narrow hallway, lit by only a few light fixtures. An imposing wooden door, with the Bulbagarden logo on it, was at the end of the hall. Digulon walked down the hallway, and knocked on the door.
"Enter," said a voice from within. The door swung open, creaking ominously. Digulon stepped into a room completely shrouded in darkness. The only light coming from the hallway. At the far end of the room, completely obscured by the shadows, was a man sitting on a fancy chair. A Houndoom curled up his left, and an Espeon on his right. He appeared to be finishing up watching an old video hologram.
Each and every one of us is important, and each and every one of us is a necessary part of this community. We will miss our friends dearly, but we can ensure that their sacrifice was not in vain.
The man switched off the hologram and leaned forward, observing the new arrival.
"Welcome, Digulon," said the Bulbagarden Boss, "I assume you know why you're here?"
"Because of the Random Punster situation," replied the Community Executive, curtly.
"Correct," confirmed the Webmaster, nodding, "you are aware that, under the Articles of Establishment, in the event of a significant discovery from the old Bulbagarden forums, or any of the Bulbagarden Catacombs, you are to alert your Project Leader immediately."
"Yes sir, I am aware of that," affirmed Digulon, "but in this instance, I did not deem the discovery to be significant, since the specimen had lost his memories, and therefore posed no threat to the Community or to any Bulbagarden project."
"That was not your call to make," retorted the man in the shadows, "and even so, you should have brought in your Project Leader when the attempt to restore Punster's memories went awry."
"We didn't know it was Punster," countered the Executive, "we were working under the assumption that the man was an old Bulbagarden staff member known as ME. A staff member still held in high regard, if the rumors are correct. There should have been no threat."
"AND YET THERE WAS!" thundered the Bulbagarden Boss, causing Digulon to recoil in terror. The Houndoom snarled, and the Espeon's eyes glowed mysteriously.
The Webmaster sighed, and began petting the Houndoom, calming it down.
"If you had followed proper procedure, I would have been able to inform the Community Project Leader that the man in question was, in fact, not the old staff member known as ME, and I would have been able to bring up the possibility that the man in question could have been Random Punster."
"How could you possibly have known that?" wondered the Scottish Executive.
Another sigh.
"ME was once a Bulbagarden Webmaster," replied the shrouded man, "but he died a long, long time ago. It's in the official records. There is no way he could have been encased in Carbonite."
Digulon gulped.
"So just how much trouble am I in?" he asked, with great trepidation.
The Webmaster laughed.
"Trouble?" he said, with mirth, "you're not in trouble at all."
"What? Why not?" asked the Executive, slightly taken aback.
"Because, as it so happens, everything that happened here needed to happen," explained the Bulbagarden Boss, "it's a closed time loop. In order for the past to have happened, Random Punster needed to escape from the future."
"Then what's going on here?" asked Digulon, very confused.
"I needed to make sure you were aware of why we follow proper procedures at all times," replied the Webmaster, "you see, if you are going to become the Community Project Leader, I need to know that you will follow and enforce proper procedures."
"I'm sorry, what?" said the Executive, doing a double take.
"Shiny Celebot has decided to step down as Community Project Leader," elaborated the man in the shadows, "and I feel that you are the best choice to replace her."
"T-thank you," stammered the Executive, but he was curious, "but if you only spend time here, how would you know?"
The Webmaster laughed. He pressed a button on his arm rest, causing several screens to pop up around his throne. The illumination from the displays cast the Webmaster's face in a weird light, illuminating them in partial detail. More to the point, they showed the events currently transpiring in every Bulba project.
"Son, I have been keeping an eye on Bulbagarden for a looong time," he said, "I've networked myself in to all the goings on in the various Bulbagarden projects. I observe when Hidden Muon replies to a medical emergency in the Community. I can see when MillenniumFalconwing makes edits to his Virtual Media holograms. I know when G5000 posts a breaking News story. I am aware of every edit made to the Encyclopedia Bulbagardenica made by xyzman. And you would not believe how many hours of footage I have of Zexinator picking his nose."
The Bulbagarden Boss harumphed, and pushed the button again, turning off all the screens. He typed up a quick note and printed it from his other arm rest console. He folded the paper into a perfect airplane and chucked it at Digulon, who, though surprised, caught it.
"Take that to the Chiefs of Staff downstairs," the man in the shadows said, "they'll sort out permissions and handle the paperwork, but you're official now. Congratulations, Digulon."
Elated, Digulon thanked the benevolent overlord, and returned to the elevator, whizzing back down to the lower levels.
When the door to his room closed, dispersing the last of the light, the Webmaster sat in darkness for several moments, thoughtfully. A smile flickered on his features for a moment, before he sighed sadly and pushed the display button on his arm rest once more. Only a single screen popped out this time. A catchy warble issued from the speakers, and a voice began to speak.
Hello everyone, and welcome to another exciting episode of Bulbacast!
"Dead, indeed," he said, smirking.

That's it. I've been working on this plot for, literal, years. I think it actually ties together a few things rather nicely, and gives me a lot of room to work with in the future. About a thousand years into the future.
I've already come up with some excellent ideas for what happens in the timeline between now and the year 3016, though, of course, there is a lot of ground to cover.
To be honest, I don't know how well any of my ideas will actually fit into mafia games, so I may just continue this as a story. With the occasional Mafia game in the process.

I actually do have some ideas for It's All About ME Mafia 3, at least in terms of a basic plot, but, given my hectic schedule, who knows when I'll get around to working on any of this?

Anyway, I hope you all had fun with this game and I hope you all enjoyed the Flavor Text. I don't know if I would call this my finest work, but it is definitely one of my favorites that I've ever written. I had a lot of fun with these characters (a few in particular). Don't worry, though, this is not the last you'll see of any of these characters.

This post was before DarthWolf's post. I said I did not feel pressure voted and I said how suspicious Elieson looked.

1. The first bold I made was when he said, "uhm... well". That first bold part is the voice of a Mafia I have seen played by other Mafia players who say this.

2. The second bold part was when I said in my earlier post I did not feel pressure voted and on the second bold DarthWolf said I was being pressure voted and I said earlier I didn't feel pressure voted and that looked like a scumslip to me. Also, normally it is Town who get the pressure vote and the Mafia will just follow other players with the vote and the last sentence DarthWolf said on the second bold goes to show he was going to follow other players on the vote which made him look like Mafia to me.
1. I wouldnt call that alignment indicative, I tend to write the same way I talk, so yeah, no.
2 If you didnt feel pressured, why did you claim? The second part was to show my thoguhts on the situation, would have done the same as town.
Nice attemp, but I personally think the evidence wasnt strong enough, although it might have been worth the shot on D1. Also remember, if you never died, I would never have said that and therefore you wouldnt have the possibility to lynch me on that.

Also, @TheCapsFan , mate if you just claimed honestly after N1, you would have cleared yourself and therefore won the game. XD

SOOOOO much to read, damn. Better be worth it :p

1. I wouldnt call that alignment indicative, I tend to write the same way I talk, so yeah, no.
2 If you didnt feel pressured, why did you claim? The second part was to show my thoguhts on the situation, would have done the same as town.
Nice attemp, but I personally think the evidence wasnt strong enough, although it might have been worth the shot on D1. Also remember, if you never died, I would never have said that and therefore you wouldnt have the possibility to lynch me on that.

Also, @TheCapsFan , mate if you just claimed honestly after N1, you would have cleared yourself and therefore won the game. XD

SOOOOO much to read, damn. Better be worth it :p

Even though I was not pressured, I still wanted to claim to make it easier for Town to figure out who the Mafia was.

I wouldn't say they're scumslips. Scumslips are obvious and basically confirm mafia (to a degree).

Congrats to the mafia! Well played xD

mate if you just claimed honestly after N1, you would have cleared yourself and therefore won the game. XD

At that point I thought the setup was 2-1-1 and thus the only way town had a chance was if we lynched mafia and SK targeted me. That's why I kept saying town had already lost the game. What pisses me off more is that I could have prevented 2 town deaths if I had claimed on night one. That might have been the worst game of mafia I've ever played tbh. Like, me as a player wise. The game itself was great.

Accidentally already posted so double posting.
@HumanDawn I didn't target caps to steal bomb, we knew it wouldn't work on passive roles. However, as it indeed turned out, I suspected caps to lie about his role and probably protecting a cop with that. We had no GF so cop was our main goal.

It was fun to be scum together with Elie as long as it lasted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom