• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia It's All About ME 2 Mafia: Endgame: Resourceful Plans - 8/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ME2 Banner.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTOvyMcXz0

Day 0: Days of our Future Past

The year 3016. Newly minted Bulbagarden staff members Captron and Zexinator take advantage of their new powers to explore the ruins of the Bulbagarden forums, a once thriving metropolis gone into decay with the introduction of virtual reality communities in 2243.
As they passed a faded and broken sign, Zexinator stops to examine it. The peeling and faded letters spell out "F & am s."

"Interesting," he remarked, "this must be the remains of the Fun & Games section where our ancestors, TheCapsFan and Zexy were appointed as forum moderator."

Noticing a cracked wooden sign that said "Welcome to Random Messages Hell," Captron agreed.

The duo passed into the remnants of the once active thread, noticing the crumbling MegaPod Tower and the toppled Troll Tower. Admiring the scenery, the two began to wonder about the events of the past. They had the family legends, of course, but a lot was lost over a thousand years. They stopped at the condemned RM theater, and looked at a poster still affixed to the wall. The poster was advertising something called a "ME Movie" that would be showing in the theater soon.

"That reminds me," said Captron thoughtfully, "wasn't there a third person modded at the same time as TheCapsFan and Zexy? I seem to recall them being the Handsome Three, whereas we're the Dapper Duo."

"You're right," agreed Zexinator, "there are a few surviving documents from Zexy where he complains about someone called 'ME,' and I've heard rumors about a former Bulbagarden staff member referred to as 'ME' circulating among the higher echelons of the staff. It's got to be the same guy, but nobody remembers what the M.E. stood for."

"He must have been a pretty big deal," remarked Captron, pocketing the poster, "to still be discussed among the higher ups a thousand years later."

The Dapper Duo continued their journey through the long abandoned streets of RM, seeing a heavily graffitied and polluted RM Fountain, and the nearby RM Bar, mostly reduced to rubble. Cockroaches and rats scuttled around in the shadows, the only signs of life. They walked through the still smoldering remains of the lava-tory, noticing several fossilized remains poking out oddly from the hardened lava.

"...why is there a rusty toilet on the ceiling?" wondered Zexinator.

Captron shrugged noncommittally.

Finally, they approached the place they had been looking forward to seeing the most, the once grand F&G Administration Building. The pathways nearby were littered with smashed concrete barriers, riot shields, broken signs, and torn flags. The building itself had seemingly been torched, and was blackened by soot and weathered by time.

"Wonder what happened here," mused Captron, as the duo entered through the front entrance. The front doors had been torn open and remained loosely hanging on rusty hinges.

"Let's see if we can find any clues," suggested Zexinator.

Walking through the reception area, they found the battered and broken remains of several chairs scattered around the dusty room. A smashed coffee maker was on the floor, next to a desk that had been flipped on its side to act as some sort of barrier. The top of the desk was riddled with burn marks. Everything was covered in dust and ashes. The place felt almost eerie. Outside, despite the decay, there were insects, and even rodent lifeforms. In here, it felt like a cradle of death. Nothing stirred, no signs of life at all.

They walked over to the old elevator shaft, and glanced up and down. Above was the floor with all of the offices. In the darkness below, a faint green glow was seen coming from further in the building.

"What do you think that is?" asked Captron, slightly spooked.

"Not sure," replied Zexinator, "but I'm going to find out."

The duo used their hover boots to levitate to the upper floors. As they walked by each office they peered into each one. A few decorations still clung to the walls of a few of them, and a couple of dusty photographs, though faded with age, were still sitting on long abandoned desks. Captron scooped them up eagerly.

In one office, they found the remnants of a waffle crumb, preserved in a hardened blob of maple syrup. The few nameplates that hadn't been ripped out of the walls had been scratched out, leaving no indication of the offices' occupants. Rummaging through the desk drawers netted them a few crumpled pieces of paper, a stapler, a few paperclips, and a rubber band ball, but the desks had been emptied, or looted, long ago.

As they approached the office on the top floor, the most lavish of the bunch, they noticed a plaque on the door. The original words on the plaque had been scratched out, but it seemed like it had once said Section Head...or Section Nerd. Underneath was a holder for a nameplate, but there was none currently.

Unlike the other offices, this one seemed to have had a locking door at one point in time, but the lock was now broken. The duo pushed open the door and walked in.

The first thing they noticed was the shards of glass everywhere, though particularly concentrated around what had once been a dry bar, but was now smashed and splintered.

Zexinator walked carefully over to the broken bar and looked around. No beverages remained. He tried unsuccessfully to hide his disappointment.

Captron was too busy examining the desk, to notice, however. The ornate desk was intricately carved wood. Some one had, at one point, tried to steal the desk, but had only succeeded in dragging the desk a few feet from its original position, at least based on the scuff marks on the floor. Considering the condition of everything else, the desk was remarkably intact, with only a few gouges and chips showing the passage of time. The office walls were bare, though it seemed like there had been either furniture or pictures blocking some of the wall space. One spot, in particular, was colored differently from the rest, indicating that it had been painted at a different date. The view from the bulletproof glass windows (which had a few cracks in them), would have been impressive, once upon a time. It gave a commanding view of the Random Messages skyline, now decrepit and crumbling with age.

Returning to the desk, Captron started opening the drawers, expecting to find very little, given the condition of the other desks. The first three drawers yielded no results, but the fourth drawer stuck a little. Captron pulled out a complex looking apparatus, and quickly changed the setting to pry bar. In a jiffy, he had jimmied the stubborn drawer open revealing...nothing. Or was it?

Curious, Captron examined the drawer. It seemed deeper on the outside than the bottom would imply. He felt around the bottom of the drawer for a moment, before finding a small tab. Pulling on the tab also pulled up the false bottom of the drawer. A mini safe stared at him. Quickly, Captron set his tool to lockpick, and pulled his visor down, selecting X-ray mode. The lock's internal mechanics were revealed to him, and, in moments, he had the safe open. His eyes opened wide at the historical treasures within.

First was a faded photo of a young woman, who was smiling pleasantly at the camera. The bottom of the frame was captioned "My Everything."

Next up came a genuine Section Head badge, from the days of the old forum bosses. There was an inscription on the back.

"To ME from Enzap. All the best! - 6/25/17"

Excited, Captron gestured to Zexinator, who finally abandoned hope of finding anything from the wrecked bar.

"It's him," said the historical staffer pointing to the inscription, "ME. Apparently he was once the Section Head of Fun and Games."

"That certainly explains why ME Movies even exist," remarked Zexinator shrugging, "certainly seems like the guy had a bit of an ego problem. I guess anyone who names themselves 'ME' would have that problem."

"Maybe the M.E. stood for Massive Egotist," wondered Captron, as he continued to dig through the safe.

He pulled out a old bionic arm, with the power source removed.

"Wow, this thing is ancient," he said, examining it closely, "such a clunky design, and it looks like it used nuclear power. We stopped using that in the mid 2000s. That much unshielded radiation at close range was inevitably fatal. Still, I'm sure it was quite sophisticated for its era."

The last item in the safe was long thin sealed cardboard box. Captron opened the box and pulled out a metallic capsule. Opening the capsule revealed a dark brown bottle labeled 'Glenfiddich Experimental Series 1.'

"Score!" shouted Zexinator, grabbing the bottle, "ancient alcohol!"

"You realize it's probably all degenerated into carboxylic acids by now, right?" asked Captron.
"Yeah, but I can catalyze it back to alcohol," exclaimed Zexinator, excitedly.
"But the alcohol would be unaged," retorted Captron, "it would be very rough and taste nothing like the original beverage did a thousand years ago."
Disappointed, Zexinator handed the bottle back to Captron, who put it back in its wrappings, and put everything back in the safe. He miniaturized the safe, and pocketed it.
"An impressive historical find," he remarked, happily as they exited the last office.

As they descended back down the elevator shaft into the unknown depths below, the green glow became more pronounced. An alert told them that the radioactivity levels were increasing beyond the normal background levels. The duo put on their collapsible radioactive protection gear, courtesy of Emergency Medical, the largest supplier of medical technologies in all of Bulbagarden, and landed in a deserted corridor.
As they walked through the hallway, lit only by the mysterious green glowing, they noticed a set of metallic double doors at the other end. The doors were slightly corroded, and the green glow showed up intensely through the few cracks that had worked themselves in the doors over the centuries.
A plaque before the double doors was virtually untouched by time.
It read: "To my worthy successor, Crystal Onix, the Uncivil Engineer. I hope this research and development plant serves you as well as it has served me."
A hand engraved signature, completely illegible except for the M and E, was scrawled underneath that message, followed by a date, 3/8/18.
"So it looks like this Crystal Onix person succeeded ME as the next Section Head of Fun and Games," speculated Captron.
"I heard differently," said Zexinator, shaking his head, "the era of the Section Head ended around then, at least according to records left by Zexy."
"Still," said Captron excitedly, "an R&D plant from the early 2000s. This should be interesting."
The duo opened the doors and stepped inside. Instantly, the green glowing intensified.
Radiation had flooded the ancient laboratory, leaking from several of the machines and not even the passage of time had stopped the lethal flow.
In one corner, a large glass tank had been shattered, leaving shards of glass strewn about the floor.
"That tank was broken from the inside," Zexinator noted nervously, examining the patterns of the fallen shards.
"So something escaped from the plant and went on a rampage," Captron concluded, "...but what?"
They continued walking through the plant, surrounded by corroded and broken machines, spewing deadly radiation.
"This M.E. seems to have had a fascination for nuclear power," commented Zexinator, examining a power supply that had been cracked and was currently emitting Gamma rays.
"Maybe he caused a nuclear explosion in the F&G Section," said Captron, thinking aloud, "a tragedy of such proportions that he's still talked about even today in notoriety."
"From what I understand, he's spoken about in positive terms," Zexinator stated, "so maybe he stopped or contained the disaster?"
Captron pondered thoughtfully for several moments. He sighed, exasperated.
"I wish we could talk to him, to learn what really happened," he mused.

Zexinator was examining some of the machines closer.
"This is an old particle accelerator, and that's the engine to an ancient automobile," he remarked.
The science oriented mod then noticed something interesting. Excitedly, he walked over to a decrepit looking machine. It was a cylindrical tube with a chamber within. A particle emitter was on the outside. The machine had several dents and dings, and looked like it had caught on fire at least once.
"I recognize this," he said, running his gloved hand along the battered cylinder, "it's a First Generation Regeneration Machine. Zexy had several pictures of these in his memoirs. Apparently he was an expert at repairing these."
Captron, meanwhile, had walked to the far wall, where he found what he assumed was the door to a storage room. A sign hung over the doors: "Miscellaneous/Extraneous."
He pulled open the doors, which had once been dead-bolted shut, but the metal had corroded and weakened.
Shelves lined the three walls, each containing various mechanical doodads and stuff that had clearly been broken or in disrepair when they were put there. In the center of the room, however, was a bit of floor that seemed to have sunken in a little bit. Captron walked over and examined it with his visor's X-ray settings. A decently sized chamber lay beneath the displaced floor.
"Zexinator, come here!" he exclaimed, excitedly, "I've found something."
Quick as a wink, the Greek mod dashed over, and together the duo found the seem and opened up the secret door. A staircase led downward, swallowed up by the darkness. Feeling on the verge of a major discovery, the two mods descended the stairs quickly and eagerly.
At the bottom, they turned on the night vision settings of their visors, and examined the room. It was pretty bare bones, mostly just empty concrete walls and floor. There seemed to be some sort of statue or piece of artwork on the back wall. Curious as to what art would be doing beneath an R&D plant, Zexinator walked toward the marble looking slab that rested on the back wall. It looked like someone had begun to chisel a figure out of the marble, but hadn't finished. The face, hands, and some of the front of the torso and feet were visible, but everything else was uncut. Suddenly, a faint blip appeared on Zexinator's detector. A life form! But where? Nothing could have survived the radiation permeating the F&G Administration Building. A strange thought occurred to the Greek mod. He scanned the partially formed statue and gasped. It wasn't made out of marble; it was Carbonite! ...which meant.
The scientist looked up at the alleged statue's face.
"No way," he said, eyes going wide as dinner plates.

Noticing his comrade's reaction, Captron also looked at the face. He pulled out the movie poster he had taken from the theater earlier and looked down at it, and then back up at the face, suspended in the block of Carbonite.
"It's him. It's really him!" he said, excitedly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ladies and gentlemen, boy and girls, it gives ME a great pleasure to welcome you all to the long overdue second installation of the ever popular It's All About ME Mafia series, It's All About ME 2 Mafia, hosted by ME, Myself, and I, the one and only Maniacal Engineer. Although the story for this game has been in my head for quite some time now, I never really had a chance to work on it for an extended period of time. Then I was promoted to admin, then Bulbacast Host, and it seemed like this was going to become a lost relic. However, inspired by the upcoming first anniversary of my promotion to Section Head and Super Moderator, I mustered up the energy to work on this game, that I now proudly present to you all.
Of course, what's a game without rules, so here are the rules that y'all are expected to follow for this here game:
1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules always apply.
2. I will point out that, due to my chaotic schedule, as well as the distinct possibility that my attention is needed elsewhere, phase updates may not happen exactly on time. However, whether or not I am around to announce it, the phase does end at the pre-designated time. Day phases will always last 48 hours and Night phases will always last 24 hours. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host is sure that he won't be able to update, he may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
4. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
5. Name claiming is not permitted, but role claiming is.
6. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
7. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch.
8. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
9. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
10. Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is not permitted, with the exception of chats provided by the hosts.
11. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information.
12. To show that you have read the rules, please state what your ME username would be when you signup for this game. Any post without a ME username will not be counted for signups.
13. If the game has no deaths for 4 consecutive phases because of continuous No Lynches in the day phases followed by factions with kills purposely idling them in the night phases, or if the game has reached a stalemate state, the game will end as a tie for the parties involved.
14. The most important rule. Have fun!

And so, without further ado, I hereby pronounce signups for this game to be...OPEN!!!!!

Players:
1. @MegaPod - killed N1: Meshuganah Elder the Doctor
2. @Max1996 - killed N1: Meal Envisioner the Empowerer
3. @Pika_pika42 - killed N1: Mushy Emotionalist the Loverizer
4. @Elementar - killed N1: Magnificent Entertainer the Oracle

5. @DarthWolf - killed N1: Misanthropic Eremite the Role Thief
6. @Elieson - won in Endgame: Mental Evildoer the Insanifier

7. @Thanos @HumanDawn - killed N2: Matrix Encoder the Cop
8. @Jinjo - Modkilled D1: Mental Escapist the Dreaming God
9. @Pikochu @Max1996 - killed in Endgame: Monster Eradicator the Vigilante
10. @TheCapsFan - lynched D2: Madness Exemplified the Paranoid Gun Owner

Subs:

Spectators:
1. @Lone_Garurumon
2. @SoaringDylan

One last thing to note. THIS GAME IS 100% BASTARD. Then again, what else would y'all expect from ME at this point? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

Last edited:
MegaPod, Max1996, Pika_Pika42, and Elementar are in.
LG has been added to the PM conversation.

To the rest of y'all, I'd suggest reading, or in some cases, rereading, the rules. Specifically this bit right here:
Any post without a ME username will not be counted for signups.

This ain't no ME vs WE or EE or MW or NW game. This is a classic It's All About ME game. MEs only, that's the whole point. :p

To the rest of y'all, I'd suggest reading, or in some cases, rereading, the rules. Specifically this bit right here:

TBH I just needed more time to think of mine. I don't wanna just copypaste my discord name, and an event like this doesn't come often enough for me to whip out one willy nilly. It's provided, sir. Plz forgive T_T

Last edited:
WE will not step down to becoming a ME. Be it Wackily Encoded or Weirdly Enthusiastic. :p

Btw, the image in the op above the video doesnt seem to work.
See, I was gonna mention that earlier, but when I came back to the thread it started working fine. It's still there for me now, so I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom