• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia It's All About ME Mafia - Endgame: Returned Prosperity (Town Win) 4/4/16

Did you actually read through the entire Endgame Flavor Text?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1: Regeneration Paradox
Phase update 2 hours early today, because everybody confirmed.

Day 1: Regeneration Paradox

Random Punster laughed as his armies of evil ran rampant over Random Messages and the entire F&G section. His clones, grunts, and Missingnos made him a formidable foe, and he was very proficient with his weapun of choice, the Pun Hammer.

To combat the diabolical word player, a secret council was held, deep within the F&G archives, out of Random Punster's reach. Having granted permission to all the assembled to access the archives, Enzap, the Section Head of the besieged F&G, called the meeting to order.
Among those in attendance were Etrian Oddity: the former Archnemesis of Random Punster and his Regenerations, Rainbow Cloud: a friend of the fallen engineer and leader of the army of originals, jackatlasred: clan leader of the Spambots and the new leader of the Troll Alliance, Zexy: the early death rival of Maniacal Engineer in mafia games, and TheCapsFan: a regular participant in both TWR and RM. The latter two were also newly appointed Mods of the F&G section, like Maniacal Engineer, and were the other members of the Handsome Three.

This unholy alliance had but one goal: stop Random Punster at all costs.

"I still don't see why we need this meeting," Enzap said, "Maniacal Engineer was a member of the bmgf staff, which makes this a staff problem."
"Maybe so," countered Etrian Oddity, "but I challenge you or the bmgf staff to find someone more qualified to battle Random Punster than myself. I was his archnemesis before he became a staff member, and I clashed with both Random Punster and Maniacal Engineer."
"As for me," commented jack, "Maniacal Engineer was a friend and founding member of the Troll Alliance. Ever since he became a Mod, though, he's renounced Trolling and become boring. It's time for the Troll Alliance to teach him what we do to traitors!"
"Random Punster is too big of a problem for just the staff to handle," added Rainbow Cloud, "it took me and my army of originals to stifle his clone rebellions twice before."

Arguments continued late into the night.
Finally, they came to a consensus.

"We're agreed, then?" asked Enzap.
The others nodded and departed to begin their various tasks.

The following morning, Random Punster was taking over the Last Post Wins thread, when several Spambots appeared and continued spamming the thread with pointless posts that prevented Punster from winning, no matter how frequently he posted.

Irked, but not overly annoyed, Random Punster moved on to attempt to conquer the Up Versus Down thread, a series of threads he had been particularly powerful in. However, Punster's attempt to conquer Up Versus Down was thwarted by an opposing army of originals, lead by Rainbow Cloud, who managed to crush the evil wordsmith’s clone army for a third time.

Angered, Random Punster returned to the Cupboard thread, wherein he had erected his mighty base, the Pundorica, only to find that it had once again been blown to bits by his former archnemesis, Etrian Oddity. Not only had the Oddity destroyed the Pundorica, he had also removed the last vestiges of Maniacal Engineer or Random Punster’s influence on that thread, by transforming the Cupboard into the Eternal Pit of Fire once again. Since Maniacal Engineer had renounced his Trolling ways upon becoming a Moderator, he lost his protection from flames.

For old time’s sake, Random Punster shouted: “CURSE YOU, EIEIO!!!” as he stormed out of the thread.

In TWR, the diabolical pundit found an army of Zexy Zombies waiting for him, along with both the original Zexy and TheCapsFan.
"Why did you have to betray us?" asked Caps.
"We could have made an excellent team," added Zexy.
"I don't need partners," countered Punster, "I have subordinates!"
Punster attempted to unleash a wave of Missingnos into TWR, but he only ended up multiplying the army of Zexy Zombies, who overwhelmed the Missingnos.
Similarly, the Team Chaos Grunts's efforts to derail TWR and plunge it into chaos and anarchy were stopped cold by TheCapsFan's ironclad game schedule.

Now outnumbered and without a chaotic advantage, Punster had no choice but to retreat.

Frustrated, the evil wordsmith moved on to the Melee Weapons thread, but there he encountered Enzap.
"Stand aside, Enzap," said Random Punster, "you cannot possibly hope to defeat me."
Enzap shook his head sadly.
"You know, I had such high hopes for you," said the F&G Boss, "you really could have made a positive difference on the Internet, for once. Guess I was wrong, so now I'll have to clean up my mess."
"Please," scoffed the diabolical word player, "you couldn't contain me even before you granted me Mod powers, what makes you think you'll be more successful now?"
Enzap smiled a cruel and devilish smile.
"Now you're a member of staff," he said, "the fact that you've now gone rogue makes it a top priority of the staff to...deal with you."

As Punster pulled out his Pun Hammer, Enzap also withdrew a hammer from hammer-space. It was the Mighty Ban Hammer.
"On this one and only occasion, the staff has deemed you dangerous enough to allow me to permaban you," said Enzap, swinging the weapon.
Escaping the Ban Hammer's blow by a hair's width, the Punster withdrew.

Backed into a corner by this allied assault, Random Punster retreated to Random Messages, where his power was at its strongest.
When he arrived, however, an unwelcome sight awaited him.
The assembled allies had gathered in RM and had brought along a friend, a slimy friend.

"No!" gasped the wordplay pundit, turning white as a sheet and backing away slowly, "not...The Abomination!"
"You have strayed from the path of Modness and betrayed your fellow staff members, therefore this is your punishment," decreed Enzap, Lord of F&G, who had followed Punster to RM.
"Death by your own botched scientific experiment," sneered Etrian Oddity, "how appropriate."

Slimy Monster, for that is who the Abomination was, advanced on the fleeing Punster and engulfed him, completely smothering him.
Screams of terror and cries of excruciating pain were muffled by the hideous blob's amorphous form.

Suddenly, Slimy Monster began glowing.

"What's happening?!" asked Zexy.
"Slimy Monster is Regenerating!" exclaimed Rainbow Cloud.
"No," said jack, calmly snacking on some spam, "they're both Regenerating."

Sure enough, due to Slimy Monster having been made with Random Punster's genetic materials, they were Regenerating, their bodies fusing together in a massive eruption of energy.
Punster screamed in agony, as the botched Regeneration consumed him and his genetic mutation, contorting and reshaping the two bodies.

A brilliant flash of light blinded the alliance, as the Regeneration cycle completed.

As they blinked the stars from their eyes, the alliance members weren't certain that they hadn't experienced permanent eye damage, since standing before them were ten physically identical MEs.

"Oh dear Arceus, what have we done?" was the prevailing thought among the alliance members.

It soon would become obvious, however, that all was not quite as it appeared. Most of the MEs were in favor of peaceably reintegrating themselves and restoring order, but some were only interested in chaos and picking up where Random Punster had left off.
Who will emerge victorious? Will the forums return to their abnormal state, or will Random Punster's nightmare of chaos become everybody's reality?

Time will tell...

IT IS NOW DAY 1! Phase ends 29/3/16 at 11:00pm CDT.

...Now then, I'm off to play CAH.

Well vote:leetic, you confirmed in Spanish, that makes You suspicious.

Odd, I didn't get the mention for the Day 1 switch. Hopefully that fixes itself soon.

Anyway, just give out a warning in advance that I'll be traveling for long periods of time on both Monday and Wednesday and will probably not be the most active, so if I'm not posting that'll be the reason.

And of course for now since there's nothing really to go on I'll end my post with a period and see you all later.

You know, I noticed that I also didn't get the mention for Night 0. Perhaps it has something to due with the mention being in a threadmark post?

You know, I noticed that I also didn't get the mention for Night 0. (I did get the one for the opening post, however.) Perhaps it has something to do with the mention being in a threadmark post?
If this is the case, I can post the player list separate from the actual update text...I'll also mention this as a glitch.

I'm not even playing but

were stopped cold by TheCapsFan's ironclad game schedule.

is this going to become a meme because I totally approve

k I'm out seeya

also that D1 flavor is the best thing I've ever read in my life ever

I've received no such alert in my alerts window, and I'm one who enjoys being alerted by alerts, alerting me of things that I should be alerted by.

And that, sir, alerts me.

Now, to actual gameplay.

##Vote Life

Nice to meet you!

Furthermore;

If anyone attempts to scan me, I will turn up as aligned with the force that opposes town. I happen to know the alignment names of both alignments (idk if there's a third), and I'm not entirely sure if Mafia is aware of other factional names. Because of this, I feel as though a test is necessary. Because the names are entertainingly ambiguous, I might be able to crack the game open really early.

As a quick test, I want players @jackatlasred (first) then @Life (second) to post the faction that their wincon alignment is associated with. Feel free to distrust me if you want but there is literally nothing that town can possibly lose from this, only gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom