• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

It's been a while since I've made a thread, so here's a basic question. Which starter trio is your personal favorite?

What is your favorite starter generation?

• Gen 6: Delphox, Greninja, Chestnaught

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 8: Cinderace, Rillaboom, Inteleon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have the hardest time picking between the Hoenn starters, so it has to be them. They're the only group where I adore all three starters and their evolutions.

Second would have to be Kalos's starters for the Fighter/Mage/Thief thing they have going on. I wouldn't say I like the Chespin or Fennekin lines too much, but the aesthetic the three have going on is super cool to me.

But the Johto trio has Chikorita.

Sure Bayleaf looks okay but it's Chikoita and Meganium... yikes.

The Hoenn Trio and the Alola Trio are a tie for me. For different reasons.

The Hoenn Trio has the first set where all starters have dual-type final forms (if you count in Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile). For Alola ones, they are some of the super-viable Pokémon with meaningful typing and exclusive Z-Move each.

The Alola trio. It is going to be hard to top these guys. I like all the designs to an extent, but there are none I flat out dislike. I absolutely adore all their base forms, Their middle stages show off a lot of personality and cohesiveness. And their final designs are all very different from each other, but still, fit so well together. I love nearly every form except for Dartrix and Incineroar. Dartrix I like, but it's just not my fav, and Incineroar looks like a boss design on its own, but after Torracat I was hoping for a four-legged final evolution. To this day, it is difficult to choose which line is my favorite.

While I wouldn't consider them my favorite, the Galar trio is actually pretty great too, especially with their first stage designs. They just feel very marketable, with their simple but fun designs. The use of light colors really helps, along with them showing off the bit of their personality in their design alone.

I'm clearly in the very small minority, as my fave trio is the massively-hated Unova Starters. Mainly that's due to my mascot (Oshawott) being part of it, and Gen 5 as a whole holding a lot of memories for me. Second fave is probably Hoenn, as it was my first region played.

If we're talking base forms, my favorites are the gen 2 trio, followed closely by gen 5.
But if we're talking about the final forms, then its the gen 4 definitely.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom