• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ITT You tell the above poster why their favorite Pokemon sucks.

I actually have major problems with both eeveelutions and pikaclones but w/e

lando-t is both ugly and omnipresent, just like god likely is if he's real

clawitzer

Just another mediocre Water-type

Heatran

and at least pikaclones are different animals. all the eeveelutions are just foxes.

Even ignoring ones like Vaporeon and Espeon that are clearly not foxes, Eeveelutions have distinct typings, stat distributions, at least have a reason to be connected to a prior Pokémon, and aren't thrown out and replaced at the start of the next generation

its signature burn heals pokemon of burns for no reason

vikavolt
Even ignoring ones like Vaporeon and Espeon that are clearly not foxes,
still really similar to foxes
Eeveelutions have distinct typings,
emolga, dedenne, morpeko, togedemaru, and alolan raichu (if you count it) don't have unique typings? I guess you have a bit of a point with the ones that are pure electric, but I can also make a point; electric/flying, electric/fairy, electric/dark, electric/steel, and electric/psychic are much more interesting type combinations than pure normal, pure fire, pure grass, pure dark....you get the idea. I don't see the problem with them all sharing an electric type.
stat distributions
I'll give you that all of the pikaclones are fast, and many of them are special attackers (or at least are specially inclined despite having equal attacking stats), but pachirisu, togedemaru, and possibly morpeko have very different stat distributions than all the others. It's of note that the eeveelutions all have exactly the same base stats, only distributed differently; 60/65/65/95/110/130. And don't give me the "they all have terrible stats" argument, that's just blatant elitism. I agree that pokemon with bad stats should be kept in moderation but game freak has gotten better and better with this so there's really no reason to complain. Besides, togedemaru manages to be somewhat usable despite its unimpressive stats, and I imagine morpeko will likely be the same.
is at least have a reason to be connected to a prior Pokémon
with this logic, all pokemon that are clear members of a reoccurring category deserve to be cut. You don't want hydreigon, tyranitar, kommo-o, bibarel, furret, gumshoos, dustox, vivillon, swellow, rampardos, tyrantrum, etc to exist in the game? Because that's what it sounds like with this logic.
and aren't thrown out and replaced at the start of the next generation
I wasn't aware that pikaclones were deleted in games after their debut generation. I guess it's pretty impressive that I own an emolga in ultra moon. I promise to use my powers to defy the universe for good.....actually, that's a lie, I don't promise that at all.

I dislike most pikaclones myself, but it's stupid to label a pokemon as an "unoriginal knockoff" just for being part of a certain category. I think most eeveelutions are boring and overrated yet I'm a fan of flareon and sylveon.

try to not slip off that slope

That thing is slower than Internet Explorer

Tirtouga

I don't want this thread to be any more derailed, but I'll just leave you with this - the main reason I dislike Pikaclones is because they are just a marketing gimmick to cash in on Pikachu, and have no other purpose. Sure, you could say that Eeveelutions have that marketing appeal, but it wasn't until Gen VI that they were really overhyped, and at least that hype is conserved for the next generation, unlike the Pikaclones where the new one replaces the previous one. Sure, not every Pokémon has to be great in battle, Oricorio will never be a top tier threat, but I expect each Pokémon to at least be able to do something unique in battle, which all but one Pikaclones fail at since they're basically outclassed by every other fully evolved Electric type. I just expect better in this day and age, especially when we have less Pokémon each generation.

It's just a sea turtle. Nothing special at all.

Pikachu

i shouldn't have to explain why pikachu sucks.

oddish
don't want this thread to be any more derailed, but I'll just leave you with this - the main reason I dislike Pikaclones is because they are just a marketing gimmick to cash in on Pikachu, and have no other purpose. Sure, you could say that Eeveelutions have that marketing appeal, but it wasn't until Gen VI that they were really overhyped, and at least that hype is conserved for the next generation, unlike the Pikaclones where the new one replaces the previous one. Sure, not every Pokémon has to be great in battle, Oricorio will never be a top tier threat, but I expect each Pokémon to at least be able to do something unique in battle, which all but one Pikaclones fail at since they're basically outclassed by every other fully evolved Electric type. I just expect better in this day and age, especially when we have less Pokémon each generation.
A lot of Pikaclones don't look like pikachu, and the ones that do are either apart of pikachu's family or mimikyu. plusle, minun, pachirisu, emolga, and togedemaru don't even have the same color pallet as pikachu. morpeko adds something new to the table, with it having two forms and a signature move. togedemaru has the lightning rod gimmick, dedenne has the antenae gimmick, plusle and minun have the cheering gimmick, etc.

its main ability is boring for a grass-type and doesn't combine well with its low speed, and run away is useless most of the time

palossand
I don't want this thread to be any more derailed, but I'll just leave you with this - the main reason I dislike Pikaclones is because they are just a marketing gimmick to cash in on Pikachu, and have no other purpose. Sure, you could say that Eeveelutions have that marketing appeal, but it wasn't until Gen VI that they were really overhyped, and at least that hype is conserved for the next generation, unlike the Pikaclones where the new one replaces the previous one. Sure, not every Pokémon has to be great in battle, Oricorio will never be a top tier threat, but I expect each Pokémon to at least be able to do something unique in battle, which all but one Pikaclones fail at since they're basically outclassed by every other fully evolved Electric type. I just expect better in this day and age, especially when we have less Pokémon each generation.
this makes more sense than your previous argument, I'll give you that. I think it's mean to say they have "no other purpose", although I will concur that I wish more pikaclones had things to make them stand out more. I think togedemaru, morpeko, and alolan raichu do a good job at this, which are also the three most recent ones. Togedemaru and alolan raichu are also the most viable pikaclones, and with morpeko's unique and useful typing combined with the fact that aura wheel will most likely have a high bp, it seems they might be trying to make pikaclones more useful in battle too.

it has equal attacking stats but it has a hard time going specially offensive due to its limited special movepool. It doesn't even get air slash or hurricane.

misdreavus

"Smells incredibly foul! However, around one out of a thousand people enjoy sniffing its nose-bending stink."
You must be one out of a thousand...

Dragonite

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom